Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Twitter just banned Milo Yiannopoulos

Load Metric
    She is awful though and ur like well maybe shell get better she's new on the show then you find out she's 50 and its like Jesus Christ this is the level of comedy you've attained at 50 it's not getting any better

Load Metric
    Maybe the i wish it was you not harambe is like 6.8/10

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I'm not even sure if this was a left-versus-right thing.

I don't know how the CEO of Twitter leans politically.

For whatever reason, Twitter has been ignoring the cyberbullying/harassment problem
    he held a fundraiser for hilary a few months ago and twitter just happened to ban bernie supporters and delete anti hilary hashtags that week because they were "harassing" her by posting facts on twitter

Load Metric
    OLD COMMUNIST JIM IN THE HIZZZAAAY

Load Metric
    Ghostbusters was so incredibly average, does it really matter if they ruin it? It's not like they remade Trading Places, Animal House or Caddyshack. The Billy Bob Thornton Bad News Bears remake is the real tragedy.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ToasterOven View Post
    Ghostbusters was so incredibly average, does it really matter if they ruin it? It's not like they remade Trading Places, Animal House or Caddyshack. The Billy Bob Thornton Bad News Bears remake is the real tragedy.

You are saying this 20years after the fact. When it first came out it was a huge hit

Load Metric
    Ur way off on bbt hungover white guys can literally save any movie die hard 3 was not great but Bruce chugging aspirin elevated it a few notches

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post

You are saying this 20years after the fact. When it first came out it was a huge hit
    I don't care if it's a hit, it was not a very good movie and certainly does not compare to classic 80's comedies done by the first SNL cast.

I never get caught up watching Ghostbusters on TV like the others I mentioned plus Stripes, Vacation, Fletch and others.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    Ur way off on bbt hungover white guys can literally save any movie die hard 3 was not great but Bruce chugging aspirin elevated it a few notches
    C'mon, Jeremy Iron's fake stutter saved that one.

Load Metric
    The stutter barely cancelled out Sam Jacksons awful character goat opening sequence and that elevator scene makes it like a 47/100

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    It wasn't sophisticated cinema to be sure, but as far as action/comedy summer films go, it was actually very good, especially for its time.

I think the outrage is less about a fail remake (let's face it, those are a dime-a-dozen these days), and more about using a beloved '80s film to force feed the public a social agenda. Most people don't want to see that shit in their summer action movies, and this one had "Look here! The girls can do it just as well as the guys" written all over it from the start.

Instead of remaking Ghostbusters with a "Hey look, it's women this time!" theme, why not just make a completely different movie starring women in action roles, and letting the movie succeed or fail on its own merits?

Oh, they also apparently wanted to make Kate McKinnon's character a lesbian at first (as Kate is in real life), but shied away from it because they were afraid Sony would reject it, given the movie's expected controversy in the first place. Instead, they just had her Holtzmann character flirt with Kristen Wiig's character throughout the film, without showing anything too overt. Dumb.

Load Metric
    It wasn't sophisticated cinema to be sure, but as far as action/comedy summer films go, it was actually very good, especially for its time.

I think the outrage is less about a fail remake (let's face it, those are a dime-a-dozen these days), and more about using a beloved '80s film to force feed the public a social agenda. Most people don't want to see that shit in their summer action movies, and this one had "Look here! The girls can do it just as well as the guys" written all over it from the start.

Instead of remaking Ghostbusters with a "Hey look, it's women this time!" theme, why not just make a completely different movie starring women in action roles, and letting the movie succeed or fail on its own merits?

Oh, they also apparently wanted to make Kate McKinnon's character a lesbian at first (as Kate is in real life), but shied away from it because they were afraid Sony would reject it, given the movie's expected controversy in the first place. Instead, they just had her Holtzmann character flirt with Kristen Wiig's character throughout the film, without showing anything too overt. Dumb.

I just look at it as a movie company trying to take advantage of a gimmick. I guess I don't really see it as an assault on men or force feeding a social agenda. Why is it so terrible that they use a gimmick to try to strike gold on a light summer movie? I think some of the men's rights people are looking too hard for insults, to be honest.

Load Metric

Huh. I didnt know that until now. Whenever I'd see her "IRL" (not a sketch with weird costumes/makeup) I always thought she was pretty cute...in a "pretty cute for a comedian" way I guess.

I wonder if she goes for the hottie lesbos or the Selbst types.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post

Huh. I didnt know that until now. Whenever I'd see her "IRL" (not a sketch with weird costumes/makeup) I always thought she was pretty cute...in a "pretty cute for a comedian" way I guess.

I wonder if she goes for the hottie lesbos or the Selbst types.
    I actually noticed this right away about her, without knowing at the time that she was a lesbian.

She isn't bad looking, but immediately struck me as having the "feminine lesbian" sort of look. I think it's that her features are a bit manly. Again, I'm not saying she's bad looking, but when I saw her on SNL, I immediately wondered if she was gay, to the point where I went and looked it up and saw that she was.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Twitter is currently being used as a recruiting tool for ISIS and there have been tons of death threats towards cops and presidential candidates. Yet it's more important to stop a "troll army" after someone writes a bad review for a movie? What the fucking hell.

Believe me, this was no coincidence that Ghostbusters was used as a tool to silence one of the strongest young conservative voices on Twitter.

The ironic thing is that Leslie Jones has herself directed her followers to attack specific users. Meanwhile, there is no evidence that Milo directed them to attack her. This was motivated by political agenda.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

I just look at it as a movie company trying to take advantage of a gimmick. I guess I don't really see it as an assault on men or force feeding a social agenda. Why is it so terrible that they use a gimmick to try to strike gold on a light summer movie? I think some of the men's rights people are looking too hard for insults, to be honest.
    Sony did it to make money, for sure.

However, the creative forces behind the film, including Paul Feig, clearly had a social agenda. We're basically being hit over the head with it constantly, and have been since the movie was first marketed.

BTW I am not at all opposed to action films starring women. I just think this remake was dumb, and those behind its writing and production really felt like they had something to prove.

Comments

BiffCo99: Lol at libs. "Hollywood Agenda, what Hollywood agenda?" Hahahahaha

Load Metric

Sony did it to make money, for sure.

However, the creative forces behind the film, including Paul Feig, clearly had a social agenda. We're basically being hit over the head with it constantly, and have been since the movie was first marketed.

BTW I am not at all opposed to action films starring women. I just think this remake was dumb, and those behind its writing and production really felt like they had something to prove.
    Just another faction of hollywood libtards who think this is breaking new ground for social justice. There have been plenty of action movies with female leads for years now, without making a huge deal about it.

Name:  onesheet.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  56.2 KB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BiffCo99 View Post
    Twitter is currently being used as a recruiting tool for ISIS and there have been tons of death threats towards cops and presidential candidates. Yet it's more important to stop a "troll army" after someone writes a bad review for a movie? What the fucking hell.

Believe me, this was no coincidence that Ghostbusters was used as a tool to silence one of the strongest young conservative voices on Twitter.

The ironic thing is that Leslie Jones has herself directed her followers to attack specific users. Meanwhile, there is no evidence that Milo directed them to attack her. This was motivated by political agenda.
    Ding ding ding, and lol at Druff not knowing Jack's politics . He has made it clear multiple times that he is a libtard . . .

Load Metric
    the remake of cant buy me love into some black movie or karated kid using will smiths moron kid were much more terrible

#whitemoviesmattter

Thread Information