Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Twitter just banned Milo Yiannopoulos

Load Metric

Twitter just banned Milo Yiannopoulos

Comments

lewfather: milo is god rep
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Gold
    Load Metric
    This will not end well for Twitter.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BiffCo99 View Post
    This will not end well for Twitter.

LOL right
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83
    I'm going to come across as a bit of a douche but I really know more about this then anyone on this board by miles.

...if Trump is nominee he wins Presidency easily. Angry Blue Collar Whites will have record turnout.

Load Metric
    Will all the trolls rise up as one and .....

Load Metric
    Id literally stick another 15+ points on Trump's line after this.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Typical liberal media censorship and bias.

I think Milo is good for the cause, but is more of a provocateur. My money is on Ben Shapiro

Load Metric
    God I hate politics

Comments

Shizzmoney: hate politics rep

Load Metric
    third time in a month you fucking mong.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    It's fallout from his review of Ghostbusters.

The review is hilarious: http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/0...-ghostbusters/

The villain in Ghostbusters is the most unsatisfying bad guy in my film memory. He is the opposite of a morally ambiguous Batman villain. There is no complexity, no backstory, just a beta-male dork for feminists to bully.

If the bad guy in Ghostbusters followed the Ghostbusters on Twitter, he would be asking for permission before retweeting their boorish, teenage boy jokes and furtively Googling findom mistresses.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    His ban was bullshit, to be honest.

He was banned for the actions of others. Various Twitter trolls were harassing Leslie Jones after he supposedly "instigated" hateful messages sent to her by others.

But that's a pretty big stretch. I don't believe Milo asked people to message Jones on Twitter, so why are they banning him?

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/18/entert...-jones/?iid=EL

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    His ban was bullshit, to be honest.

He was banned for the actions of others. Various Twitter trolls were harassing Leslie Jones after he supposedly "instigated" hateful messages sent to her by others.

But that's a pretty big stretch. I don't believe Milo asked people to message Jones on Twitter, so why are they banning him?

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/18/entert...-jones/?iid=EL
    Twitter is an awful place where certain ideas and agendas are promoted while any dissenting views and voices are routinely mocked or drowned out. It's nothing more than a platform for liberals to rally their cause and brainwash the younger generation.
    Last edited by BiffCo99; 07-20-2016 at 08:04 AM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 637
Size:  737.0 KB

Comments

Mintjewlips: how dare you mock this beautiful man
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Standard leftists, say something they don't like and censored lol . . .

Comments

Mintjewlips: libtards rule the internet

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I'm not even sure if this was a left-versus-right thing.

I don't know how the CEO of Twitter leans politically.

I think this was more of the case of kissing ass to a celebrity and trying to make it look like the company was tough on cyberbullying.

For whatever reason, Twitter has been ignoring the cyberbullying/harassment problem, and this has driven a lot of people off the network and slowed its growth. I'm not stating this from a moral standpoint, but from a business one. Even Twitter itself admits that they have a problem with this, yet they have done very little to deal with the problem.

I experienced this personally. SixToedPete posted my address on Twitter. I reported him, and they demanded a utility bill to prove that was really my address (lol). I submitted it, they accepted it, and they deleted his tweet and suspended him. Two days later, his account was back in good standing, and they said that he "re-accepted their TOS". I sent them tons of evidence that he had been using their service to repeatedly harass me (including sending 1000 or so tweets to each of my followers, falsely accusing me of harassing his 93-year-old mom), and they decided to take no action.

Anyway, my experience wasn't unusual. Tons of people report the exact same experience with cyberstalkers and psychos harassing them there, and Twitter doesn't give a shit.

So it came time to do a public show-of-authority on behalf of a celebrity getting harassed, and Twitter jumped at it.

Hilariously, they even bungled that, banning someone who wasn't actually harassing anyone, but rather just removing someone who gave a bad review to a movie performance.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I'm not even sure if this was a left-versus-right thing.

I don't know how the CEO of Twitter leans politically.

I think this was more of the case of kissing ass to a celebrity and trying to make it look like the company was tough on cyberbullying.

For whatever reason, Twitter has been ignoring the cyberbullying/harassment problem, and this has driven a lot of people off the network and slowed its growth. I'm not stating this from a moral standpoint, but from a business one. Even Twitter itself admits that they have a problem with this, yet they have done very little to deal with the problem.

I experienced this personally. SixToedPete posted my address on Twitter. I reported him, and they demanded a utility bill to prove that was really my address (lol). I submitted it, they accepted it, and they deleted his tweet and suspended him. Two days later, his account was back in good standing, and they said that he "re-accepted their TOS". I sent them tons of evidence that he had been using their service to repeatedly harass me (including sending 1000 or so tweets to each of my followers, falsely accusing me of harassing his 93-year-old mom), and they decided to take no action.

Anyway, my experience wasn't unusual. Tons of people report the exact same experience with cyberstalkers and psychos harassing them there, and Twitter doesn't give a shit.

So it came time to do a public show-of-authority on behalf of a celebrity getting harassed, and Twitter jumped at it.

Hilariously, they even bungled that, banning someone who wasn't actually harassing anyone, but rather just removing someone who gave a bad review to a movie performance.

Are you forgetting that they did this to the same higher profile person numerous times in the past few months? this wasn't a one time occurrence. If my memory serves me, first Milo was unverified from Twitter, then there were at least a few times he was banned and reinstated after media backlash. I understand that Milo is a gay conservative who has been slamming political correctness. Now can you imagine the media and leftist backlash if he was a gay leftist? Twitter would be called homophobic amongst other things

Load Metric
    You missed the part where Leslie Jones the Manly looking Black Chick from SNL and the Ghostbusters movie has now left Twitter due to "all the hate".. I voiced my own opinion that the only reason she got the part on SNL to begin was she was black and female.. Many forget SNL caught serious round of shit around the time Kerry Washington (from Scandal) hosted the show because they had no female black actresses.. The quickly hired Sashir Zameda who actually has a modicum of talent.. Then in order to further diversify they hired this middle aged burnt twat with ZERO talent as a second black female face.. Ive never found her funny, in fact shes bordering on uncomfortable, to watch at times honestly. This latest car commercial shes doing she comes off even creepy when she calls for Roadside assistance..

Whats worse is technically she was the supposed to be the female version of Ernie Hudson's character from the original.. Ernie has more acting talent in his flaccid penis then that Amazon looking whatever she is.. I'm waiting for SNL to announce loud and proud shes really transgender (after all they had to bring up Kate McKinnon being the first openly lesbian on the cast) which might explain a few things with her.. She just seems uncomfortable as hell when shes on the show constantly, which isn't a good thing for a show that lives to be funny and open and witty..

Comments

Mintjewlips: LOL nigga please

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post
    You missed the part where Leslie Jones the Manly looking Black Chick from SNL and the Ghostbusters movie has now left Twitter due to "all the hate".. I voiced my own opinion that the only reason she got the part on SNL to begin was she was black and female.. Many forget SNL caught serious round of shit around the time Kerry Washington (from Scandal) hosted the show because they had no female black actresses.. The quickly hired Sashir Zameda who actually has a modicum of talent.. Then in order to further diversify they hired this middle aged burnt twat with ZERO talent as a second black female face.. Ive never found her funny, in fact shes bordering on uncomfortable, to watch at times honestly. This latest car commercial shes doing she comes off even creepy when she calls for Roadside assistance..

Whats worse is technically she was the supposed to be the female version of Ernie Hudson's character from the original.. Ernie has more acting talent in his flaccid penis then that Amazon looking whatever she is.. I'm waiting for SNL to announce loud and proud shes really transgender (after all they had to bring up Kate McKinnon being the first openly lesbian on the cast) which might explain a few things with her.. She just seems uncomfortable as hell when shes on the show constantly, which isn't a good thing for a show that lives to be funny and open and witty..
    I agree.

She does look very manly, and the 6' height doesn't do her any favors either.

I also don't find her to be funny. She engages in the "black person yelling really loud" form of comedy, which is never funny when that's the whole joke.

Milo actually raised some good points in his review of the new Ghostbusters.

The original, despite being 32 years old, already portrayed women and minorities in a positive light. The Winston Zeddemore character was seen as the most grounded and sane of the Ghostbusters, and he was a normal dude who just happened to be black, rather than the obnoxious stereotype currently played by Jones.

The two main females in the original, Janine and Dana, are also portrayed positively. Both are shown to be intelligent, grounded, and sensible, albeit with different personalities.

There didn't need to be a new Ghostbusters in order to portray women in a positive light in the film, and in fact the new version takes a step back with how black people are portrayed.

Anyway, yeah, Twitter's previous hostility towards Milo probably didn't help the situation.

Load Metric
    http://www.vox.com/2016/7/20/1222607...-ban-explained

I don't follow this part of the internet at all, and only learned about Nero on here, but it's not surprising to see a private company cut ties with someone like him. Twitter's strength is letting celebrities interact with fans, I would expect more bans for leaders of troll armies.

Load Metric
    We're any of the racist jokes at least funny I saw a lot of calling her a coon and saying I wish it was you instead of harambe which is like 5/10
    Last edited by lol wow; 07-21-2016 at 01:10 PM.

Thread Information