Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Merge Network down for software upgrade

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Merge Network down for software upgrade

They will be back up around 6:00am PDT.

The question: Will the long-awaited upgrade be a big step forward, or will it be a Bodog-like epic fail?

I predict a lot of annoying bugs and a lot of cosmetic bullshit changes.

Banned
    Load Metric
    americans out 2%?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I think this has to do just with Hero Poker wanting to eliminate guys with crooked cocks on their team pros even if they are straight as an arrow.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    new software = joke

full of bugs and missing/inconvenient features

I will explain more later.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    new software = joke

I wonder if they had to put out a less than full release given the delay. Visually it looks pretty bare bones.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Charham View Post
    new software = joke

I wonder if they had to put out a less than full release given the delay. Visually it looks pretty bare bones.
    Yeah that's the impression I got too.

Kinda looks like they rushed it because they were afraid Lock would steal their traffic.

They should have realized that Lock's software is terrible and just waited to release a good product.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Wow this software is absolutely horrible.
    Of all the money e'er I had, I spent it in good company

Walking Image Library
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTemplar View Post
    I like some of the features. It is hard to scroll/read chat. The software is buggy. It froze up once and when I was signed up for a ST sitngo it kept telling me it couldn't bring the game to the front -- I was not asking it too.

Could someone also help me with picking seats? It seems you can't sit where you want. You identify your favorite seat and you are stuck with that on all tables. This is a problem when I am playing more than one table and want to sit at the opposite ends of the table so I can see my cards at both tables.

I thing there is something wrong with Merge's RNG. I have been playing a ton the past few days and have been saving a bunch of the crazy hands. So many suck outs and hand over hands. I am not seeing they are working against anyone just creating action.

Today I started by playing 2 DONs at the same time. On one table aces were dealt 4 times. On the other table Aces were dealt once so that is 5 pairs of aces in 63 hands.

And one hand was aces vs aces where one guy won with a 4 card flush. I lost to that same guy AQs vs A7 off. Then I lost to the same guy on the other table when I got it all in with KK vs his A8 off. 8 on the flop, ace on the turn.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by bukowski72 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTemplar View Post
    I like some of the features. It is hard to scroll/read chat. The software is buggy. It froze up once and when I was signed up for a ST sitngo it kept telling me it couldn't bring the game to the front -- I was not asking it too.

Could someone also help me with picking seats? It seems you can't sit where you want. You identify your favorite seat and you are stuck with that on all tables. This is a problem when I am playing more than one table and want to sit at the opposite ends of the table so I can see my cards at both tables.

I thing there is something wrong with Merge's RNG. I have been playing a ton the past few days and have been saving a bunch of the crazy hands. So many suck outs and hand over hands. I am not seeing they are working against anyone just creating action.

Today I started by playing 2 DONs at the same time. On one table aces were dealt 4 times. On the other table Aces were dealt once so that is 5 pairs of aces in 63 hands.

And one hand was aces vs aces where one guy won with a 4 card flush. I lost to that same guy AQs vs A7 off. Then I lost to the same guy on the other table when I got it all in with KK vs his A8 off. 8 on the flop, ace on the turn.

sunday in the $11 15k or 20k (whatever it is) i got sucked out on aces vs queens. same thing runner runner flush for the other guy. im not complaining, but every tourney i play something fucked up happens to me.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyt View Post
    sunday in the $11 15k or 20k (whatever it is) i got sucked out on aces vs queens. same thing runner runner flush for the other guy. im not complaining, but every tourney i play something fucked up happens to me.
    That's poker.
    ´*•.¸(*•.¸https://twitter.com/RealFckVwls¸.•*´)¸.•*´

http://i.imgur.com/TsBfg.jpg

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Here is an example of an egregious omission in the new software (unless I'm missing it):

Where is the auto-post blind option?

I see you can turn it on/off as a default option in Settings, but where is the option at individual tables?

Also, hand history isn't working, unless you manually go through the folders of hand histories and open the hand number in question, which isn't feasible to during normal play.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Here is an example of an egregious omission in the new software (unless I'm missing it):

Where is the auto-post blind option?

I see you can turn it on/off as a default option in Settings, but where is the option at individual tables?

Also, hand history isn't working, unless you manually go through the folders of hand histories and open the hand number in question, which isn't feasible to during normal play.
    This has been a complete failure on Merges part. Keep in mind they have been designing this for a LONG TIME and this is major failure.

1. Goofed Buttons The biggest problem they had for limit holdem players pre 6.0 was goofed buttons when games go short and new players joined. Some guys get the button 2 times in a row

THIS STILL EXISTS

2. Highlited Tables They took this away! You can't even see what tables you are playing at while sitting in the lobby! Way to go!!!!

3. Notes do not come up when you double click! You have to right click then click

4. Points- Can not see points earned at table

5. Mtt Popups So far I think reset MTT popups fixed this as I havent seen any but not sure till I play more

6. Bonus notifications popping up everywhere for some people

7. Some tables aren't popping up. This was a problem on the old software and continues

8. Software is lagging all over, if u dont have auto post on it asks you to post, if u dont click an option it takes about 30 seconds to start next hand

9. Buddy of mines tables arent popping up, he has auto post off and someone still can sit and button him. He doesnt know a hand has been posted until the table pops up and kicks him off.

10. I just tried logging off and back in and connection error, took 3 tries

11. hands not loading to hud

12. I sit in at table and shows reserved for 20 seconds and then puts me at table as software lags

13. I checked my settings when I logged in, auto post was off, it auto posted me at some tables. I went back to settings and somehow it was turned on and turned it off and is fine now but this could be a problem as it turned on, on its own

14. click on hand history, last hand does not appear, u have to dig through tables to get there

15. Merge should fire their programmers and beta testers and get people who know what they are doing

This a disgrace considering how long they have been working on this "upgrade"
    Last edited by chinamaniac; 06-05-2012 at 03:50 PM.

Walking Image Library
    Load Metric
    Here is the kind of things I am talking about. Just played 2 more hu ST vs a total spewtard. I caled him down betting the whole way for 1100 chips with king high.

2nd game. Flop AKA he goes in I snap call with Q2 off really only worried about him having something like a pair of fives.

One of my Favs from yesterday -- All in pre:

I have a whole folder full of these crazy hands but I don't want to take the time to blot out my ID. Flop a small set and your opponent will river the inside straight wheel. I have never seen more crazy hands than on merge.

Load Metric
    Here's the story:

Lock Poker was behind, and was doing most of the work on, the new software update (if not all from what I've been told). Lock leaves Merge, leaving them 75% through a software upgrade; Merge is panicked because Lock is taking the same software (with their own finishing touches) and going to be upgrading the Revolution Gaming software in the very near future; Merge rushes their own upgrade and we get what was unvieled today.
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Walking Image Library
    Load Metric
    Thanks for the info Steve-o. It won't let me sit at any tables. I guess I am prob going to take a day off from playing and do some stuff around the house. This afternoon when Merge was down I cleaned out the back gutters. Tommorow I will clean the front ones.

In between will be some boozing tonight. I wonder if the responsible gaming 12 hour black out feature works yet.

Gold
    Load Metric
    yup utter disappointment...i actually didnt think the old software was that bad. it had some things that needed to be addressed/tweaked for sure, but I am still wondering why an entire overhaul was deemed necessary.

seems like they could have taken the old client which was solid(imo), and make small monthly upgrades and tweaks here and there over a 6-12 month period.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Vwls View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyt View Post
    That's poker.

ya think? thats pretty obvious

Load Metric
    registered for a mtt at 5pm, had me sitting out, which I couldn't change. Rebooted just in case, but now it won't load mtt page. Oops, just got a message from Hero--"mtt is shut down; money will be refunded.." Obviously, something is terribly wrong...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Merge just lost connection.
    Of all the money e'er I had, I spent it in good company

Load Metric
    Damn. Just snuck on long enough to win a quick $80 in o8. After the last hand got a message that said "this table has been disabled by the administrator." When I log back in it say the softwar will be read in 2 hours

Thread Information