Thread: PFAXIT

Gold
    Load Metric
    TAKE IT DOWN TODGER

Comments

sonatine: sites so todgey yall

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    And we're talking about an IP ban here, folks. Not just a ban.

Why an IP ban?

Because I felt like giving one, and this sad pockled motherfucker had it longtime coming.

I take back what I said earlier. I do get enjoyment out of running this forum.
    i had no idea motherfucker was one word.

please stay

dm I'm shot faced agin probavley be a bad idea to play 5/10 rot p\\now for find i has had series ritgh now

u gys ar fuking dikis

Comments

wrenchjockey: That's *exactly* what I was gonna say!

The_Lurker: had to be said
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicide King View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsSatire View Post
    OMGZ LEWFATHER IS TILTINGS@!!!!
    I've seriously been tilting since I found out Lew isn't a skinny hipster guy
    Name:  lew.jpg
Views: 447
Size:  40.5 KB

never forget

Comments

Suicide King: The Lew I love

Load Metric
    There's nothing wrong with a circle jerk. In real life we call it a group of friends. You integrate into a circle jerk the same way you integrate a group of friends.

Cheers to this place's inevitable outcome.

4D - Take care and

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I don't want a circle jerk. Running a site like that has zero appeal to me.

I want an open and public site with a constant stream of new blood and new characters, mixed in with the veteran reliable ones.

Some people loved boris. I never got the appeal. Initially I read it every day because so many people there were obsessing over me and NWP/DD ("Hi Todd!"), but once that died down, I completely lost interest in the site. Long before it died, I was lurking about once every three weeks, and probably spending about 10 minutes max doing so.

There were a lot of intelligent and clever posters over there, but it got really boring to read, as there were just about zero new users, and it became the same tired jokes and gags back and forth for years.

Eventually everyone got cabin fever, people turned on each other, Ian grew obsessed with monetizing the place, some people defected to skatz, and the site became a ghost town.

Fin.

That's not the site I want to run.

Load Metric
    Its been a good decision not having another moderator.

We could all do better to post more topics and do less complaining.

But truthfully, there's no realistic growth strategy for this place. Its 2016, we are who we are. You can't replace a BCR, a Srsly, a Tony with some random free agent.

And really this place is kind of a circle jerk, with a BGC thrown in here or there.

Oh and Larry, get a job.

Comments

LarryLaffer:
    Last edited by Henry; 07-01-2016 at 01:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    The P is silent.

Board is unreadable.

You know how to find me.

In the Aids ward?

Don't let the doornob hit you fag (although maybe you'd like that)

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Something interesting needs to happen... I just check in out of habit since I've been on board since the NWP days when Online Poker was a thing and funny/controversial shit was happening all the time.

PFA is okay, but it feels like I'm eavesdropping on 5 or 6 middle aged guys talking about sports betting when I try to read this site

Comments

rum dick: this and old people babbling about trump

Load Metric
    Maybe this is a dumb question. Why not have a moderator or two? Nothing wrong with having some help keeping the forums going.

Comments

Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe: not enough posts to need a mod. people are butthurt about nothing

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I don't want a circle jerk. Running a site like that has zero appeal to me.

I want an open and public site with a constant stream of new blood and new characters, mixed in with the veteran reliable ones.

Some people loved boris. I never got the appeal. Initially I read it every day because so many people there were obsessing over me and NWP/DD ("Hi Todd!"), but once that died down, I completely lost interest in the site. Long before it died, I was lurking about once every three weeks, and probably spending about 10 minutes max doing so.

There were a lot of intelligent and clever posters over there, but it got really boring to read, as there were just about zero new users, and it became the same tired jokes and gags back and forth for years.

Eventually everyone got cabin fever, people turned on each other, Ian grew obsessed with monetizing the place, some people defected to skatz, and the site became a ghost town.

Fin.

That's not the site I want to run.

By not caring enough about what your long time regulars feel about certain new users trying to take over you are basically telling us if you don't like it then here is the door. For people who have been around several years spending lots of time in this community I'm sorry but that is a bit disrespectful if you don't care about their experiences being ruined by some weird, "try to over power" accounts.

When the majority speaks out you should at least consider their view points on an individual.

I remember you loved garrett as well for the longest time and couldn't see any flaws in him. At times I thought the people were a little too hard on the guy as well but I'll man up to admit I was wrong with this because look how he turned out to be?

You can run the opposite of a tight ship but sometimes you should consider stepping in when enough individuals experiences are being ruined by certain posters.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Maybe this is a dumb question. Why not have a moderator or two? Nothing wrong with having some help keeping the forums going.
    It's not a dumb question but Druff has answered this before. He likes being the sole person in control and wants to have things ran his way but he has some spies who will contact him when some stupid shit goes down.

In the end this is his decision because it's his forum even if many people feel it's not the best way to handle things.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    It's not a dumb question but Druff has answered this before. He likes being the sole person in control and wants to have things ran his way but he has some spies who will contact him when some stupid shit goes down.

In the end this is his decision because it's his forum even if many people feel it's not the best way to handle things.
    If you have a moderator, then they feel an obligation to moderate, and while certain rules should govern them, personal likes and dislikes are bound to influence. Then the moderator is pressured to do something about this or that by other contributers and it's us vs. them.
    The issue here is words. Some you like, others not. There will never be a consensus of what is "good or bad" so why not live and let live. If someone gets wild and it becomes a habit, don't respond. Don't read. Attention seekers will fade away, sometimes, when they get no reaction. Beyond that a private message from the owner, with a warning to cool the jets, should suffice.

Again, people are not alike. If everyone fit into your comfort zone, you would become bored quickly and tumbleweeds would roll. People who announce they're out because their intelligence has been insulted or whatever should just leave and not bother with the dramatic exit.

Load Metric
    Todd elects a Mod.

Mod does the job and frees up Todd from having to worry about the Flying Stupidity.

If Mod sucks Todd fires Mod.

I don't see any downside to this.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Todd elects a Mod.

Mod does the job and frees up Todd from having to worry about the Flying Stupidity.

Stop trying to be logical about this. Todd is taking the tyde approach to forum ownership.

If you complain you will get banned or the forum will get shut down. The choice is ours.

Load Metric
    Lets us honor a great poster that has single handedly kept this site somewhat relevant. His photoshops were of the highest caliber and will truely be misssed.

This ones for you buddy.

17 later fag salute(it was supposed to be 21 but only 17 are allowed)

"Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post
    Todd elects a Mod.

Stop trying to be logical about this. Todd is taking the tyde approach to forum ownership.

If you complain you will get banned or the forum will get shut down. The choice is ours.
    People can complain all they want. Only one person has been banned recently, and that's Marty, who has trolled me incessantly since he came back.

I'm not going to ban anyone for complaining.

I will say that I'm going to run things how I feel they should be run, and while I am open to all suggestions and constructive criticism, the final decision will be mine.

I am not going to ban any posters here because they are unpopular. I will keep their post numbers down to a reasonable level, but I will not ban them.

Regarding Daly's question, the downside to having mods is that it's never an easy or painless process to fire them. The mod gets pissed, their friends get pissed, and random users who just like to complain get pissed. It's always a trainwreck when you de-mod someone, unless that mod was super-inactive or very unpopular.

Boris only became active in the first place because a popular mod (Vwls) was fired from NWP.

Furthermore, even if I don't fire the mod, but instead reverse his decisions, that will also result in a lot of angry backlash from people who disagree.

I don't want or need that drama.

It's much easier when people are only dealing with me, and there's never a conflict of personalities, rules, or moderating style.

Comments

Daly: Good enough for me. Hate to see you get a headache from something we all enjoy.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post

People can complain all they want. Only one person has been banned recently, and that's Marty, who has trolled me incessantly since he came back.

I'm not going to ban anyone for complaining.

I will say that I'm going to run things how I feel they should be run, and while I am open to all suggestions and constructive criticism, the final decision will be mine.

I am not going to ban any posters here because they are unpopular. I will keep their post numbers down to a reasonable level, but I will not ban them.

Regarding Daly's question, the downside to having mods is that it's never an easy or painless process to fire them. The mod gets pissed, their friends get pissed, and random users who just like to complain get pissed. It's always a trainwreck when you de-mod someone, unless that mod was super-inactive or very unpopular.

Boris only became active in the first place because a popular mod (Vwls) was fired from NWP.

Furthermore, even if I don't fire the mod, but instead reverse his decisions, that will also result in a lot of angry backlash from people who disagree.

I don't want or need that drama.

It's much easier when people are only dealing with me, and there's never a conflict of personalities, rules, or moderating style.

you don't want mods for the same reason you play 80s music on radio, because you're obsessed, and you want no one else having any type of control whatsoever. whack, your site is pretty whack, most of the good posters are gone shutter down bud, it's over.

Comments

FlyPaper: Before my time. Whered they go? Is it a poker related forum?

Load Metric
    Typically id say announcing youre done posting warrants as many laterfags as possible but 4D is an expert on basically everything and is pretty damn funny as well.

Panic time Todd, if not for Daly/sanlmar/whoever else helping your users print money on baseball season your board has gone stale.

Comments

Baron Von Strucker: this x 1000

BeerAndPoker: The sports threads are about the only thing readable these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Yes, I want control of my own site.

I said that from the start.

I do not want others to make decisions on how this forum is run.

Mods make sense on a giant site like 2+2 where the owner would never have time to read and moderate anything.

This site is not big or active enough to need mods. The only purpose for a mod would be to change how the site is run, and then I would inevitably end up clashing with them regarding their decisions.

No thanks.

Nothing has changed here. I am moderating this forum the same way I did when I set it up in early 2012.

Anyone can feel free to point out anything I would have done back then which I won't do today.

This method has worked fine for 4 1/2 years with very little drama. I'm not changing anything, and I'm not appointing mods to appease the cool kids.

End of story.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by varys View Post
    Typically id say announcing youre done posting warrants as many laterfags as possible but 4D is an expert on basically everything and is pretty damn funny as well.

Panic time Todd, if not for Daly/sanlmar/whoever else helping your users print money on baseball season your board has gone stale.
    You misunderstand.

There is no panic time.

4Dragons was a great poster and it upset me to see him leave.

However, it's his choice to post where he wants. The rules and my moderation style are generally the same as they've always been on this site. I'm not changing things just because certain users feel like they don't like certain other users here.

It's not panic time because I don't care much what happens. This is a thankless job which also makes me zero money. I'm probably a masochist to have been putting up with all of the trolling and other bullshit that springs from here. I find it especially irritating because I run this site with very noble intentions. I don't monetize it at all, and it's definitely not for any kind of power trip or ego boost. I only ban the worst of the worst trolls, and I don't use the site as any kind of self-promotional tool. I really have done all of this for the community, but I feel like there's a large faction of people here who don't appreciate that in the least, and in fact find it amusing to try to get me upset.

I'm not asking for anyone's false gratitude or sympathies, but I'm just stating what's on my mind. This is a hobby. I only engage in hobbies because I find them rewarding in some way. If this ceases to become rewarding, I will quit doing it.

Radio is rewarding. I don't make money from that, either, and it also takes a lot of time. But there I have an audience that is truly gracious and appreciative. The radio listeners constantly let me know that they appreciate the time and effort I put in, and that they enjoy what I'm putting out. Sure, I know the radio show is far from perfect, but at least the people I do it for seem to genuinely appreciate the time that goes into it, and they let me know it.

Over here, all I tend to get is a lot of bitching and trolling. I'm not talking about the "todger" stuff which is harmless and somewhat funny. I'm talking about a lot of the nasty stuff which is said specifically to upset/insult me, combined with the entitled attitude from some people that I'm required to run the site the way they tell me to.

This is free entertainment. That's all it ever has been, and all it ever will be. Take it or leave it, and show me at least a little respect to where I don't feel like I dread reading my own forum.

Thread Information