Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: **Official** Podcast recommendation thread

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    Pardon My take, I have legit LMAO quite a few times and I dont find too much stuff funny
    Same here, I just discovered Barstool this past winter and I am legit obsessed with pretty much anything they do. It is hilarious.

Listen to all the podcasts, every day.

#GritWeek2016

Load Metric
    I listen to "How did this get made," with Paul Scheer and Jason Mantzoukas. They watch terrible movies then discuss them in detail. There have been some excellent episodes. The one on Face Off was great

Comments

DirtyErnie: thumbs up to this
    We pray for understanding as we all occasionally request back door action by accident, when we tried to call an electrician. It happens, it simply happens.

Load Metric
    Gilbert Gottfried's Amazing, Colossal Podcast is very often the funniest thing you'll hear all week. Talks to old hollywood people, most of whom don't give a fuck about offending anyone anywhere. Cryingly funny.

on the latest mini episode, they read my tweet! Tapped In Tommy @Flipper_Fair

Comments

Crowe Diddly: Gas Face question! If you were cesar romero, I'd offer you an orange wedge rep

Load Metric
    yourmomshousepodcast

hardcore history
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinWright View Post
    Not that I believe your story but who the fuck ever gave you permission to use charitable funds for the good of your cock.

Load Metric
    Here's an odd one, but I think I mentioned it before in the game of meh thread. It's from howl.fm, the $5/month service with shitloads of podcast archives, specials, comedy albums, etc. You can always get a month free at signup, just use any of a million signup codes you can google.

Anyway, the idea is a Dan Carlin parody/tribute version of Hardcore History. 8 part series, episodes between 2-4 hours, on the history of Essos, Westeros, & the entire story of all involved in the battle of the 5 kings.

Hardcore Game of Thrones: Shadow of the Dragon
    http://howl.fm/audio/playlists/4156/...ame-of-thrones

I've never read the books, love the HBO show, and this fucking podcast series is so much awesomeness. Its worth subscribing to Howl for, esp considering the free month, but if anyone wants a free link anyway, pm me. You'll know if you like it pretty fast, IMO. I can't even imagine how many written pages they had to script for this series.

Comments

Kuntmissioner: Im on part 5, and it is GOD

Load Metric
    Surprised crowe/kunt/china didnt mention The Ringer. Dan Patrick is also required listening.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by varys View Post
    Surprised crowe/kunt/china didnt mention The Ringer. Dan Patrick is also required listening.
    I mentioned Bill Simmons.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    I cherrypick Joe Rogan Experience episodes since they're all 3 hoursish. Radiolab, This American Life, and the Bill Simmons podcasts are also listened to selectively.

Comments

lewfather: WICKED AWESOME

varys: Word

Load Metric
    Just finished the CBC's first season of Someone Knows Something, check it out if you liked Making a Murderer.

The series is about an investigation into a real Cold Case of a missing child in northern Ontario.

Pretty well done series, worth a listen.
    @hotshott74 on twitter

Load Metric
    Dave Juskow Podcast is my new favorite

Listen to "The Year of the Godfather" parts 1,2,3 ( 4 is coming in nov.) They read the script of the movie, in a hugely comedic way, Artie Lange is one of the actors.

the Deadhead in cabana 5 was really good if you enjoy the Dead.

https://soundcloud.com/the-spread

Comments

lewfather: OH SHIT

Crowe Diddly: if you and lew like it, I probably will too rep

Load Metric
    History podcasts are my thing. Too many to mention. Plus, if you put "history" into the search bar, you'll find most of the good ones. So, here is a harder-to-find one that is ridic gripping that I started listening to recently: The Martyrmade Podcast. I'll let you all discover on your own what it's about.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Flipper_Fair View Post
    Dave Juskow Podcast is my new favorite

Listen to "The Year of the Godfather" parts 1,2,3 ( 4 is coming in nov.) They read the script of the movie, in a hugely comedic way, Artie Lange is one of the actors.

the Deadhead in cabana 5 was really good if you enjoy the Dead.

https://soundcloud.com/the-spread
    sweet! listening to part 1 now, thx

Comments

Flipper_Fair: that ish is funny

Load Metric
    My Favorite Murder is an awesome podcast

http://www.feralaudio.com/show/my-favorite-murder/

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    These two. Sick and Wrong, and the aforementioned SYSK. Total opposites but alike in that they've been at it for several years and have uge r chives.

Carolla as well.

Judge John Hodgeman with Jesse Thorne, very funny.

Load Metric
    if OSA reads this thread, you should start watching Kill Tony, diiggy dow loves that show

he has sent me around 100 pms about it

Load Metric
    jim please tell us more about your horrible boring internet exchanges with a white chinese slave

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hotshott74 View Post
    Just finished the CBC's first season of Someone Knows Something, check it out if you liked Making a Murderer.

The series is about an investigation into a real Cold Case of a missing child in northern Ontario.

You've always seemed like a nice guy, but I'm so irritated at you atm . Eleven episodes. I kept thinking,"no one would recommend this if it didn't come to some resolution, some payoff, something, anything?"

I'd like to beat the fucking shit out of the narrator/creator of this piece of shit for torturing that family over some nonsense. To say they were never close to an answer is the understatement of the year. This was entirely worthless. I kept listening, because I'm thinking, they're going to find a pedophile who lived in the area who drove a '56 Lancer, or the divers would find the body, or any shred of anything. My entire takeaway from 11 episodes is how much better the Canadian healthcare system is given every person connected to '72 disappearance is still alive in their 80s and 90s. I already knew your healthcare system was better though, so I'm just pissed.

I have to say over 11 years now, this site has almost never failed me. If someone recommends a movie, podcast, etc., it ends up being worth the time.

You failed me badly hotshott74. That's like 5 or 6 hours of my life I can't get back.

I have to ask, what did you think was good about this?

Comments

Hockey Guy: lol hotshott74 is a cunt rep.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hotshott74 View Post

You've always seemed like a nice guy, but I'm so irritated at you atm . Eleven episodes. I kept thinking,"no one would recommend this if it didn't come to some resolution, some payoff, something, anything?"

I'd like to beat the fucking shit out of the narrator/creator of this piece of shit for torturing that family over some nonsense. To say they were never close to an answer is the understatement of the year. This was entirely worthless. I kept listening, because I'm thinking, they're going to find a pedophile who lived in the area who drove a '56 Lancer, or the divers would find the body, or any shred of anything. My entire takeaway from 11 episodes is how much better the Canadian healthcare system is given every person connected to '72 disappearance is still alive in their 80s and 90s. I already knew your healthcare system was better though, so I'm just pissed.

I have to say over 11 years now, this site has almost never failed me. If someone recommends a movie, podcast, etc., it ends up being worth the time.

You failed me badly hotshott74. That's like 5 or 6 hours of my life I can't get back.

I have to ask, what did you think was good about this?

Load Metric
    Got a fun new one i love: https://gimletmedia.com/show/crimetown/ great stuff on organized crime in providence r.i.

Also, http://www.earwolf.com/show/stranglers/ is a factual serial about boston strangler(s)

and fyi on godfather part 4 is feb 28 with susie essman as apollonia on Dave Juskow podcast

Comments

lewfather: that godfather pod goats hard

MumblesBadly: Crimetown is great!

Inaugural Spring Classic Champion HoodedN's Avatar
    Load Metric
    New Hardcore History dropped last night

Comments

Crowe Diddly: I'm like 2.5 hours in rep

Load Metric
    Planetary Radio
    Star Talk (Neil deGrasse Tyson)
    Stardate