Page 825 of 2149 FirstFirst ... 32572577581582182282382482582682782882983587592513251825 ... LastLast
Results 16,481 to 16,500 of 42968

Thread: Time to get on the TRUMP train

Load Metric

Comments

Muck Ficon: LOL

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Believe it or not , I agree druf..

The working white poor would have gotten screwed..

They would have ended up paying $150 month for discount cards...

Baby black momma,s would still get everything free as well as illegal immigrants..BUT..

THE WHITE WORKING CLASS would be paying monthly for a very skeleton plan out of there pittance..

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    All they had to do was...,,,,.,.

Block Grant Medicaid..

Allow individual,s to join groups..

Deny illegal immigrants extensive care..

Leverage drug companies as a massive buyer..

Competition across state lines..

6 month pre condition for insurance companies...

CASE CLOSED, THAT WOULD BE THE MOST AFFORDABLE AND HIGHST QUALITY FOR AMERICANS!!

RYAN IS A FUCKEN ASS HOLE NEO CON..

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    "ART OF THE DEAL" BTW
    rofl this

remember when he was described as a master negotiator that would be able to work with democrats? he can't even get a deal with his own party.

one of his top three campaign promises is now dead within two months after his presidency. maybe he's a regular scumbag politician after all

he's now going to try to cut taxes like every other republican, which i selfishly would love, but will help exactly none of his base. seeing as how the healthcare bill went down, even his effort to cut taxes will somehow be botched. i don't even think the wall will get built now, not that i really ever did i guess.

i hate to be too morbid, but if we're being honest, trump needs a large scale terrorist attack in the US ASAP just to refocus his base on the threat of brown people and distract from this debacle

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    This health care bill was written by the bush wing of the republican party which means..

More welfare

More extensive care for any illegal who gets here..

No negotiating drug prices. More lamb for the slaughter. .

The whole health care crisis is!!!!! for the working class who arnt covered by employment and aren't allowed to create groups and negotiate.

THIS!! BILL!! DID NOTHING FOR THE PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY!!!!! HAVE A HEALTH CARE CRISIS!!!!!!
    it ain't illegals or baby momma's or govt workers..

IT WAS ALL CORPORATE AND WELFARE AND ONCE AGAIN EXCUDED THE PRIVATE SECTOR WORKING CLASS

Load Metric
    "We are going to win so much, you are going to get tired of winning"

Comments

Henry: biffco99 zzzing it out hard
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Not a loss for trump at all really, but thanks for the input ppl who don't have a clue what theyre doing and have yet to be proven right once but talk like they have something to say.

Comments

vegas1369: Sheep

tony bagadonuts: Agreed

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post
    Not a loss for trump at all really.
    K
    I stay to myself and keep out of trouble and/or potentially problematic scenarios

Load Metric
    Not a loss for trump at all really, but thanks for the input ppl who don't have a clue what theyre doing and have yet to be proven right once but talk like they have something to say.
    Of course not. It's Paul Ryan's fault and the Democrats. Trump is the victim here. Trump is so concerned about all this...he's going to let Obamacare "explode".... at the American people's cost. Talk about a president who cares. Obamacare is a "disaster" and instead of trying to fix it....he's taking his ball and going home. America first!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Load Metric

Lol at the same idiots that thought Hillary was going to win the election pretending to know what's really going on....typical.

Comments

LegallyNonBindingPosts: pfa's village idiot. choke to death sucking massive black cock fag boy.
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Load Metric
    I'd do a tl;dr on this article but no one would believe me...:

‘Hello, Bob’: President Trump called my cellphone to say that the health-care bill was dead

By Robert Costa March 24 at 5:59 PM

President Trump called me on my cellphone Friday afternoon at 3:31 p.m. At first I thought it was a reader with a complaint since it was a blocked number.

Instead, it was the president calling from the Oval Office. His voice was even, his tone muted. He did not bury the lead.

“Hello, Bob,” Trump began. “So, we just pulled it.”

Trump was speaking, of course, of the Republican plan to overhaul the Affordable Care Act, a plan that had been languishing for days amid unrest throughout the party as the president and his allies courted members and pushed for a vote.

Before I could ask a question, Trump plunged into his explanation of the politics of deciding to call off a vote on a bill he had been touting.

The Democrats, he said, were to blame.

“We couldn’t get one Democratic vote, and we were a little bit shy, very little, but it was still a little bit shy, so we pulled it,” Trump said.

Trump said he would not put the bill on the floor in the coming weeks. He is willing to wait and watch the current law continue and, in his view, encounter problems. And he believes that Democrats will eventually want to work with him on some kind of legislative fix to Obamacare, although he did not say when that would be.

“As you know, I’ve been saying for years that the best thing is to let Obamacare explode and then go make a deal with the Democrats and have one unified deal. And they will come to us; we won’t have to come to them,” he said. “After Obamacare explodes.”

“The beauty,” Trump continued, “is that they own Obamacare. So when it explodes, they come to us, and we make one beautiful deal for the people.”

My question for the president: Are you really willing to wait to reengage on health care until the Democrats come and ask for your help?

Turning to an aide, Trump asked, “How many days is it now? Whatever.” He laughed.

Trump returned to the theme of blaming the Democrats.

“Hey, we could have done this,” he said. “But we couldn’t get one Democrat vote, not one. So that means they own Obamacare and when that explodes, they will come to us wanting to save whatever is left, and we’ll make a real deal.”

There was little evidence that either Trump or House Republicans made a serious effort to reach out to Democrats.

Still, I wondered, why not whip some more votes this weekend and come back next week to the House with a revised piece of legislation?

“Well,” Trump said, “we could do that, too. But we didn’t do that. It’s always possible, but we pulled it.”

Trump brought up the vote count. “We were close,” he said.

How close?

“I would say within anywhere from five to 12 votes,” Trump said — although widespread reports indicated that at least three dozen Republicans opposed the measure.

[There were at least three dozen Republicans opposed to the health-care bill

That must have hurt after all of his attempts to rally Republicans, I said. He made calls, had people over to the White House, invited House members on Air Force One. He may not have loved the bill, but he embraced the negotiations.

“You’re right,” Trump said. “I’m a team player, but I’ve also said the best thing politically is to let Obamacare explode.”

Trump said he made the decision to pull the bill after meeting Friday at the White House with House Speaker Paul D. Ryan (R-Wis.).

Was that a tense, tough conversation with Ryan, I asked?

“No, not tough,” Trump said. “It’s just life. We had great support among most Republicans but no Democratic votes. Zero. Not one.”

I mentioned to Trump that some of his allies were frustrated with Ryan. Did he share those frustrations, and would he be able to work with Ryan moving forward on plans to cut taxes and build an infrastructure package?

“I don’t blame Paul,” Trump said.

He then repeated the phrase: “I don’t blame Paul. He worked very hard on this.”

And again.

“I don’t blame Paul at all.”

As he waits for Democrats, I asked, what’s next on health care, if anything, policy-wise?

“Time will tell. Obamacare is in for some rough days. You understand that. It’s in for some rough, rough days,” Trump said.

“I’ll fix it as it explodes,” he said. “They’re going to come to ask for help. They’re going to have to. Here’s the good news: Health care is now totally the property of the Democrats.”

Speaking of premium increases, Trump said: “When people get a 200 percent increase next year or a 100 percent or 70 percent, that’s their fault.

He returned again to a partisan line on the turn of events.

“To be honest, the biggest losers today are Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer,” Trump said of the House minority leader and the Senate minority leader. “Because now they own the disaster known as Obamacare.”

Okay, I asked, they may own it, in his view, but he will at some point be tasked with shaping whatever comes forward as a partial replacement. What will that be? What kind of policy could he support?

“Oh, lots of things can happen,” Trump said. “But the best would be if we could all get together and do a real health-care bill that would be good for the people, and that could very well happen.”

Does Trump regret starting his agenda this year with health care?

“No, I don’t,” he said. “But in a way I’m glad I got it out of the way.”

“Look, I’m a team player,” Trump said of the Republican Party. “I’ve played this team. I’ve played with the team. And they just fell a little bit short, and it’s very hard when you need almost 100 percent of the votes and we have no votes, zero, from the Democrats. It’s unheard of.”

What happened with the House Freedom Caucus, the hard-line conservatives he had wooed over and over again?

“Ah, that’s the big question,” Trump said with a slight chuckle. “Don’t know. I have a good relationship with them, but I couldn’t get them. They just wouldn’t do it.”

Trump alluded to long-running, simmering dramas on Capitol Hill, which he said had little to do with him, as a reason the Freedom Caucus could not back the bill.

“Years of hatred and distrust,” he said. “Long before me.”

Was Trump saying, perhaps, that the inability of Ryan and his team to work well with that caucus was part of why talks stalled?

“Well, look, you can say what you want,” Trump said. “But there are years of problems, great hatred and distrust, and, you know, I came into the middle of it.”

“I think they made a mistake, but that’s okay,” Trump said of the Freedom Caucus.

As we wrapped up, I tried to get some clarity. The president was blaming the Democrats and was willing to let the law “explode.” Yet he also seemed to be teasing the possibility of doing something bipartisan down the road, a fresh start at some point.

I asked: Would working on a bipartisan health-care deal a year from now be something he would find more agreeable than whipping the hard right?

“A lot of people might say that,” Trump said, laughing. “We’ll end up with a better health-care plan. A great plan. And you wouldn’t need the Freedom Caucus.”

What about the moderates, the Tuesday Group?

“They were great,” Trump said. “They were really great.”

He turned once more to the Democrats.

“They own it,” he said.

“You’ve said that,” I told him.

“This is a process,” Trump concluded, “and it’s going to work out very well. I was a team player, and I had an obligation to go along with this.”

As Trump tried to hang up the phone and get back to work, I asked him to reflect, if at all possible, on lessons learned. He’s a few months into his presidency, and he had to pull a bill that he had invested time and energy into passing.

What was on his mind?

“Just another day,” Trump said, flatly. “Just another day in paradise, okay?”

He paused.

“Take care.”

Comments

Sanlmar: Beautiful. There is gonna be a Broadway play like Hamilton someday.

thesparten: Hamilton sucks, I heard it's a bunch of n-words with privilege
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Ugh, id prefer reading homoerotic paragraphs to that boring shit, you're losing it sonnnn......

Comments

LegallyNonBindingPosts: pfa's village idiot. choke to death sucking massive black cock fag boy.
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Is that cock sucker tine still ruining threads

Load Metric

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    With all of the uptight religious nutjobs we have in this country, on average we don't have the healthy freewheeling attitude towards sex that average Japanese have.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    100% THE SWAMP'S FAULT

Diamond
    Load Metric
    why would trump even want this bill after how hysterically retarded the libards have been acting lately? So Obamacare is absolute shit, but yet if trumpcare got thru the hallucinating democrats would never ever consider the fact that trumpcare is shit because its replacing shit that was their fault in the first place, they would immediately dump every problem on Trump even tho it was having the same result of something they were responsible in the first place

"THE DEMOCRATS ARE SCREWING UP PPL, THEYRE SCREWING UP TOWNS, THEYRE SCREWING UP STATES, THEYRE SCREWING UP CULTURE" - EL RUSHBO

Load Metric
    why would trump even want this bill after how hysterically retarded the libards have been acting lately?
    it's his bill, he won office based on his promise to implement it.

So Obamacare is absolute shit, but yet if trumpcare got thru the hallucinating democrats would never ever consider the fact that trumpcare is shit because its replacing shit that was their fault in the first place, they would immediately dump every problem on Trump even tho it was having the same result of something they were responsible in the first place

now youre just mad.

"THE DEMOCRATS ARE SCREWING UP PPL, THEYRE SCREWING UP TOWNS, THEYRE SCREWING UP STATES, THEYRE SCREWING UP CULTURE" - EL RUSHBO
    the democrats control nothing. hows that working out for you and your blue collar?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Yea, but they don't have tens of thousands of illegal immigrants coming in monthly speaking hundreds of different languages comming over just to get healthcare, much of it extensive..

Our system would be great if it spoke one language and was generally/ overwhelmingly for the citizenry..

Your comparison has a false premise.. this system we have now is in sustainable to say the least.
    Hard fact but true.

Comments

Tellafriend:

hongkonger: All false

Load Metric

Thread Information