Page 346 of 2149 FirstFirst ... 2462963363423433443453463473483493503563964468461346 ... LastLast
Results 6,901 to 6,920 of 42969

Thread: Time to get on the TRUMP train

Load Metric
    http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/flash...ry?id=42686582

Days after President Clinton admitted to having an inappropriate relationship with former White House intern Monica Lewinsky, Trump said Clinton was a “victim” and critiqued the physical appearances of various women with whom Clinton had been accused of having extramarital relations at different times.

“It’s like it's from hell, it's a terrible group of people,” Trump said in an interview with FOX News' Neil Cavuto on Aug. 19, 1998.

Asked by Cavuto if Clinton’s image as a “quasi-sex symbol” stood to somehow benefit from the alleged extramarital relations, Trump took issue with the characterization.

“I don't necessarily agree with his victims, his victims are terrible,” Trump said. “He is really a victim himself. But he put himself in that position.”

“The whole group, Paula Jones, Lewinsky, it's just a really unattractive group. I'm not just talking about physical," he said.

“Would it be any different if it were a supermodel crowd?” Cavuto then asked.

“I think at least it would be more pleasant to watch,” Trump replied.

Comments

Krypt: Unreal

MumblesBadly: LOLing at the GOP nominating that blowhard asshole!!!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post
    Druff, what was your reaction to the leaked trump tapes? And where does it rank in comparison to Hillary's indiscretions
    My reaction is that it looks really bad, and it's probably the final nail in the coffin of his campaign.

As far as actual scandals go, I don't think it's that huge.

Had such a tape surfaced regarding George W. Bush, John McCain, or Mitt Romney, it would be a huge scandal, because all of these guys were known to generally be good, moral men who behaved in a gentlemanly fashion.

Trump has always been boorish, rude, disrespectful, and likely degrading to women. Anyone paying attention should have noticed this about him by now.

However, Trump is correct that Bill Clinton is just as bad (perhaps worse), and Hillary stood by him all of this time, despite knowing about these actions for at least 40 years. So this means she endorses them to some degree, and must take ownership of his behavior when she attempts to run for President. It also doesn't help that Hillary has publicly attacked some of Bill's accusers.

Basically, whoever wins this thing, we will have a pervert living in the White House who doesn't respect women, and has probably done some highly inappropriate things in that area.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I can't stand Hillary and I'm not much of a fan of Trump as a politician but he was cut off way too much tonight in times when he should been allowed to respond.

Their should never be favoritism by mediators in any presidential debate.

Americans have a huge decision and these fools are trying to limit time the candidates can speak?? REALLY??? It's not as if the big network news don't control broadcasting already interrupting it for special alerts whenever they want to so why the hell do they care if this debate goes over 30 minutes to an hour which limits our candidates from making the points they are trying to do so in order to educate American people to make their decision in a month?

Comments

Corrigan: shut it down Gordo

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post
    Druff, what was your reaction to the leaked trump tapes? And where does it rank in comparison to Hillary's indiscretions
    My reaction is that it looks really bad, and it's probably the final nail in the coffin of his campaign.

Had such a tape surfaced regarding George W. Bush, John McCain, or Mitt Romney, it would be a huge scandal, because all of these guys were known to generally be good, moral men who behaved in a gentlemanly fashion.

Trump has always been boorish, rude, disrespectful, and likely degrading to women. Anyone paying attention should have noticed this about him by now.

However, Trump is correct that Bill Clinton is just as bad (perhaps worse), and Hillary stood by him all of this time, despite knowing about these actions for at least 40 years. So this means she endorses them to some degree, and must take ownership of his behavior when she attempts to run for President. It also doesn't help that Hillary has publicly attacked some of Bill's accusers.

Basically, whoever wins this thing, we will have a pervert living in the White House who doesn't respect women, and has probably done some highly inappropriate things in that area.
    This is a common misconception. George W. Bush was probably just as bad as Trump was when Bush was in his younger years but he did it in a more playful way. Also, George W. Bush eventually stopped drinking and acting like a frat boy, however, he didn't stop putting his foot in his mouth about other things.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by John Stamos View Post

This is a common misconception. George W. Bush was probably just as bad as Trump was when Bush was in his younger years but he did it in a more playful way. Also, George W. Bush eventually stopped drinking and acting like a frat boy, however, he didn't stop putting his foot in his mouth about other things.
    I know GW Bush drank a lot and probably did drugs, but I never heard about him harassing women.

I'd have thought that would have come out in either of the two elections he went through, especially considering how close and contentious they both were.

Load Metric
    Here's Barack Obama saying the word "Pussy".

Can we impeach him now?

Comments

Corrigan: youre down there with 4Dragons

4Dragons: cambridge public library rep

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by John Stamos View Post

I know GW Bush drank a lot and probably did drugs, but I never heard about him harassing women.

I'd have thought that would have come out in either of the two elections he went through, especially considering how close and contentious they both were.
    Men who drink and use cocaine more than likely try to fuck as many women as they can. Id say 75% + of guys like this are pussy hounds.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    thought about last question and both did terrible job.

Hillary should have focused on how she likes Donald Trump as an entertainer and understands why people are drawn to him, but that he can't really get things done and is over his head.

Trump should have focused on how good of a politician Hillary is but that the last thing America needs at this point is another politician.
    Great answers.

I thought the same about how Hillary should have praised Trump for being entertaining, but noted that America doesn't need that in the White House.

I couldn't think of what Trump should say about Hillary which wouldn't empower her campaign but your idea is a good one.
    i agree re hillary's answer, but completely disagree on trump's.

as someone who is a moderate and hates him, i think he knocked it out of the park with his answer. for that brief moment, he actually seemed like a civil and well mannered individual. he came across as the bigger person than hillary, who couldn't bring herself to say anything nice about trump and instead praised his kids. keep in mind that his temperament is the only thing keeping out of the white house (probably). that was the one non cringeworthy moment of the debate.

Load Metric
    This tweet was from October 8 (and I believe it).

But I doubt Pence was disappointed with tonight's debate performance.
    Druff, you simply hate Hillary too much to be objective. CNN poll shows Hillary won 57 to 34 percent. It could be too small of a sample, but seriously. You can't say that you didn't get tingly all over when you heard Trump blurt out that Hillary would be in jail if he were president. Come on, buddy. Admit that it gave you a bit of political boner. No shame in that.

For your enjoyment, I found a video clip by CNN that shows Trump promising to appoint a special prosecutor to investigate Hillary's lies and corruption.
    http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2...l-debate-2016/

And now, be honest: You'd really really really would like to vote for Trump with a clear conscience just to have Hillary feel the wrath of justice. Right? Heck! California is going to be landslide for Clinton this election. Go out the polls and pull that lever for Trump! It won't matter electorally, but you'll feel good knowing you did your part for all those victims of her evil deeds.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    Here's Barack Obama saying the word "Pussy".

Can we impeach him now?

in case anyone didn't already know this, he is actually reading a passage from a book.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/was-p...ibs-and-pussy/

Comments

MumblesBadly: What??? A partisan attacker took something out of context? Who'd a thunk?!!!!

gimmick: subtle clues in the video, like the book and reading

BetCheckBet: something trump should do more of

Load Metric

Comments

Tellafriend: Awesome lol

Daniel72:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicide King View Post
    You understand what a lawyers job is right?
    Umm, I think you need to tweet that to her. She doesn't post here.

What's it like to be 408mike?

Comments

4Dragons: if you spin any harder you'll leave earth's orbit rep

Suicide King: Yes

Load Metric

Umm, I think you need to tweet that to her. She doesn't post here.
    I'm asking you, do you understand what a lawyers job is? Also do you understand someone's constitutional right to a fair trial?

I posted a tweet from someone that felt maligned by a presidential candidate. I did not offer commentary on her words or anything else.

I just want it to sit there and needle the people that are the most butthurt about all things women's issues - except when it's against literally anyone who's been raped by Bill Clinton or come against Hillary.

My thoughts on wtf a lawyer does are not any part of the reasoning behind what she said, nor does it matter. What matters is that she put it out there, and for some reason, her pain becomes me not understanding what a lawyer does? You cannot deny her pain, so you try to project a false narrative on me?

You can attempt to shoot the messenger I guess, but it doesn't change that she feels the way she does and I literally dare you to bring it up to her.

Load Metric
    Just because you can doesn't always mean you should.

The problem with the world today is that nobody does anything based on principal anymore.

If you reach your 80's, consider your life in overtime. Sudden death overtime.

I'll never understand how swimmers get bitten by sharks. Can they not hear the music?

Load Metric
    Name:  trump.jpeg
Views: 300
Size:  17.6 KB

Comments

mwh72: so good

Charham: lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Load Metric
    I feel like he won the battle last night but lost the war. Try explaining all of this crap to your kids. BTW Mitt Romney never looked so good. Ill take a boring middle of the road Republican anyday at this point.

Comments

Tellafriend: magic underwear rep

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Charham View Post
    I feel like he won the battle last night but lost the war. Try explaining all of this crap to your kids. BTW Mitt Romney never looked so good. Ill take a boring middle of the road Republican anyday at this point.

Hillary is a pro-choice moderate Republican, Romney has no magic bullet for that. The fact is, Romney is a born political punching bag; he's the hopes and dreams of the biggest loser joke religion in America and all the magic underwear in the world isnt going to get him past the 'courtesy vote' threshold against anyone to the right of Willie Horton.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    This election is gold. Never been happier not to be from the US.

Load Metric
    I'm asking you, do you understand what a lawyers job is? Also do you understand someone's constitutional right to a fair trial?
    It is every defendant's right to have competent counsel who will use attempt to find every legal means necessary to get their client a not guilty verdict.

For example, had Hillary cited illegal-search-and-seizure tactics to get this guy a not guilty sentence, she couldn't be criticized, even if she helped a horrible person beat the rap. If the defendant's rights were violated in any way, or if any other legal precedent could get him off the hook, it is his lawyer's job to find that.

To that point I agree.

However, the issue here is that many lawyers will go above and beyond that, and will in fact violate the ethics they swore, in order to win at all costs.

The general ethical principle a lawyer is supposed to adhere to is that, as an officer of the court, they are not supposed to state anything that they either know to be untrue or likely untrue.

For example, let's say you are an attorney and your client is accused of murdering a convenience store clerk during a robbery, and you ask your client (privately), "Why did you shoot him?" If your client responds, "Because I didn't want any witnesses identifying me", and then you decide to go to court and spin a tale that the store clerk was going for a gun himself after everything was calm and your client had put his gun away, making your client panic and shoot first, then you would be committing an ethics violation. You would be stating something you know not to be true as a defense for your client.

Of course, if you're the one standing accused, and facing years in prison, you would much rather have the sleazy lawyer who violates these ethics than one who is completely by the book. You want the one who will find any way to get you off, even if it means knowingly peddling a complete bullshit defense (and one that the lawyer knows is complete bullshit).

But that is not required of lawyers, and it's especially not required of public defenders who are working for the state, and are only expected to give their clients the best legal and ethical defense, while not breaking any laws or legal ethics.

It is pretty clear that Hillary Clinton knew that this guy was a scummy rapist, and that his 12-year-old victim didn't entice him or throw herself at him. It's pretty clear that Hillary knew that this rape occurred because her victim was a repugnant and violent pervert, and not because her client was a Lolita who had fantasies about older men.

Hillary completely fabricated these characterizations about the victim because she wanted to win the case. It became an ego thing with her, as it does with many sleazy lawyers like her. She wanted to win at all costs, and didn't care about the legal ethics she broke or who she hurt in the process.

It is never the public defender's job to completely fabricate obviously untrue accusations about a 12-year-old victim in order to exonerate their client.

Unfortunately, in the legal profession, every victory in court is considered a "win", and can be used to elevate your position later. The more impressive a legal victory you pull off -- the more you beat the odds against you -- the more coveted your services become. This unfortunately pushes many lawyers (and DAs, for that matter) to violate their sworn legal ethics and instead engage in a win-at-all-costs strategy.

It would have been fine if Hillary suggested that a 12-year-old runaway with a history of behavioral issues might not be as much of a "victim" as an average 12-year-old girl, and Hillary also could have suggested that she lacked credibility, and very well could have come onto her client.

That would have been her duty as a lawyer.

What was NOT her duty was to falsify "facts" about this girl and her supposed desires, and attack her in court as if she were the enemy. That's where lawyer Hillary ended and sleazy Hillary began.

Would I have wanted a sleazy lawyer like Hillary Clinton as my defense attorney if I were accused of a horrible crime in the 1970s? You bet.

Do I want this sleazy character as President in 2016? Absolutely not.
    Calm down Todgers. She did not over step her job as a lawyer, or falsify any facts. You're better than this Todd.

Load Metric

I posted a tweet from someone that felt maligned by a presidential candidate. I did not offer commentary on her words or anything else.

I just want it to sit there and needle the people that are the most butthurt about all things women's issues - except when it's against literally anyone who's been raped by Bill Clinton or come against Hillary.

My thoughts on wtf a lawyer does are not any part of the reasoning behind what she said, nor does it matter. What matters is that she put it out there, and for some reason, her pain becomes me not understanding what a lawyer does? You cannot deny her pain, so you try to project a false narrative on me?

You can attempt to shoot the messenger I guess, but it doesn't change that she feels the way she does and I literally dare you to bring it up to her.
    You have to take responsibility for what you're posting. She was appointed by a judge to that case and did her sworn duty as an officer of the court. You posting that is just dumb, and pointless.

Comments

hongkonger: Bingo

Thread Information