Thread: Who is on the North Carolina Train??????

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by handicapme View Post
    I had a really long post here but I deleted it. Nova won because they had the refs on there side AND slightly better shooting (esp on the foul line). There wasn't any heart, clearly outsized and out matched. UNC couldn't make up for all the bullshit calls and they lost, but don't give me this heart bullshit or anything. Glad at least some people here won money so that's at least worth something. gg boys, off to bed
    I didn't watch much of the first half. But I watched most of the second. They did miss one bad foul but the north carolina guy rebounded and dunked it so they didn't lose point's there. Other than that one I didn't see them miss any blatant calls. There was one other where the NC guy went up and the nova guy went up and there was body contact but the nova guy went straight up so I can see them letting it go.

Basketball is the toughest sport to officiate. You can call a foul on every play if you want to or let some of them go in close spots. If a casual fan listened to the NC broadcast with Brandan Haywood (which I did) it was nauseating at how much crying he did throughout about the fouls.

That said I didn't see too much of the first half so maybe it was bad?

called vertically -- if body contact happens then it is not a foul when jumping vertically ( completely straight up ) -- when you are are coming from the other side of the lane, moving to the ball and contact is made with the body it is a foul

there was a stretch in the first half where there were 8 consecutive fouls called on unc-- whether they were fouls or not can be argued but they were touch fouls

The no call on jackson with a layup at end the half ( he was pushed from behind ) and Villanova scored at the halftime buzzer was big-- 4 point turn around

The call with 30 seconds to play was horrible-- first it was not a foul and second let the kids decide the winner not the ref-- Nova made an incredible shot to win but it might have been for a tie

I have, like most of you, watched hundreds upon hundreds of games but have rarely if ever seen eight straight fouls called on one team-- worked out for me betting but felt it was obvious I got away with something

Comments

chinamaniac: good post rep
    Last edited by ltrainkoja; 04-04-2016 at 10:21 PM.

Thread Information