Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you eat cultured meat? - Memphis Meats

Load Metric

Would you eat cultured meat? - Memphis Meats

Our concept is simple. Instead of farming animals to obtain their meat, why not farm the meat directly? To that end, we’re combining decades of experience in both the culinary and scientific fields to farm real meat cells—without the animals—in a process that is healthier, safer, and more sustainable than conventional animal agriculture.

http://www.memphismeats.com/about-us/

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by devidee View Post
    Our concept is simple. Instead of farming animals to obtain their meat, why not farm the meat directly? To that end, we’re combining decades of experience in both the culinary and scientific fields to farm real meat cells—without the animals—in a process that is healthier, safer, and more sustainable than conventional animal agriculture.

Don't understand your concept. Are you talking about some type of laboratory produced synthetic meat?

GL with your venture.

Are you from Memphis? Thinking you live in Ohio now.

Win the Memphis in May Barb-b-que contest and you are on your way.

Comments

Muck Ficon: Wow.....

big dick: dumb like a rock

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertstemple View Post

Don't understand your concept. Are you talking about some type of laboratory produced synthetic meat?

GL with your venture.

Lol. You really are retarded.

Comments

herbertstemple: Quiet dude, the grown ups are trying to have a conversation here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

This is actually going to be the future of meat.

This is also why I tell vegans that they are wasting their time with their activism. By the time they could possibly convince the majority of people to give up meat (if that can even ever happen), technology will have progressed to where meat can be produced without killing animals.

I wouldn't eat this meat right now, though. I'd have to be convinced that it is safe. A lot of times you'll have "breakthroughs" like this, only to later find that it causes cancer or other major health issues.

Load Metric
    Hit me up when I can buy a cultured human sex bot.

Name:  giphy.gif
Views: 412
Size:  979.0 KB

Name:  tumblr_lmud46k4Yh1qk4w17o1_500.gif
Views: 338
Size:  130.1 KB

Name:  tumblr_lmqm3nyccd1qk4w17o1_500.gif
Views: 424
Size:  497.0 KB

Name:  giphy.gif
Views: 367
Size:  1,021.9 KB

Comments

Jayjami: blade runner rep

nunbeater: BUT WHO WAS REPLICANT
    Last edited by 4Dragons; 02-22-2016 at 09:51 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

This is also why I tell vegans that they are wasting their time with their activism. By the time they could possibly convince the majority of people to give up meat (if that can even ever happen), technology will have progressed to where meat can be produced without killing animals.

I wouldn't eat this meat right now, though. I'd have to be convinced that it is safe. A lot of times you'll have "breakthroughs" like this, only to later find that it causes cancer or other major health issues.
    I have a very difficult time imagining it being less safe than the way meat is produced now.

Comments

El Gallo: yup

herbertstemple: How many people died last yoar from eating a hamburger? Is it possible to wade through the numbers?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertstemple View Post

GL with your venture.

I apologize. I'm having a difficult time wading through the stupidity.

Comments

Muck Ficon: Lol. Amazing isn't it?

herbertstemple: Fuck you too.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

I have a very difficult time imagining it being less safe than the way meat is produced now.
    The way meat is produced now is at least known and has been this way for a long time. It's not a perfect process, but I don't think any "gotchas" are going to come out that we didn't know before.

When something like this process is invented, it's a complete unknown, as are the possible side-effects.

I just don't want to be the guinea pig.

I do believe that this will be the future of meat, and societies of the 2200s will look back on our time as barbaric towards animals.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Lots of songs about Memphis in 1991-92.

Load Metric

The way meat is produced now is at least known and has been this way for a long time. It's not a perfect process, but I don't think any "gotchas" are going to come out that we didn't know before.

When something like this process is invented, it's a complete unknown, as are the possible side-effects.

I just don't want to be the guinea pig.

I do believe that this will be the future of meat, and societies of the 2200s will look back on our time as barbaric towards animals.
    They will have a completely transparent process. You'll be able to tour the facility and see the process take place as well.

They aren't adding anything here. They are simply using animal cells that have the ability to regenerate.

Comments

herbertstemple: Having trouble wading through all the stupidity of this company.

Muck Ficon: LOL Herbert

Load Metric
    This is a lab experiment for now.

I cannot imagine a company succeeding with the first attempt to gain acceptance. First company to market is a dead company. They will be butchered.

Only way to win appeal is price. School lunch.

I am still holding my Soylent Green stock.

Comments

IAmProfessionalTalk: love it

DRK Star: "butchered".....ICWYDT

Banned
    Load Metric

The way meat is produced now is at least known and has been this way for a long time.
    Over 95% of the meat consumed in the United States is factory farmed, a philosophy that animal suffering has no monetary cost and therefore ignored. These practices became widespread 50 years ago. That is not a long time, especially compared to 10,000+ years of traditional animal husbandry.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmProfessionalTalk View Post

The way meat is produced now is at least known and has been this way for a long time.
    Over 95% of the meat consumed in the United States is factory farmed, a philosophy that animal suffering has no monetary cost and therefore ignored. These practices became widespread 50 years ago. That is not a long time, especially compared to 10,000+ years of traditional animal husbandry.
    I'm more concerned with the steroids and antibiotics being pumped into animals than the animal suffering. But you're correct. The current process of mass farming animals hasn't been around very long and we're already seeing very unhealthy side effects.

There would be zero need for steroids or antibiotics in cultured meat.

Comments

herbertstemple: Hope you are pouring every penny you have into this pipe dream.

Muck Ficon: Lol herbert just doesn't get this

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    This is a lab experiment for now.

I cannot imagine a company succeeding with the first attempt to gain acceptance. First company to market is a dead company. They will be butchered.

Only way to win appeal is price. School lunch.

I am still holding my Soylent Green stock.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

50 years is a long time to know major side effects.

I would much sooner trust that than something really new where nothing is known.

Load Metric

I would much sooner trust that than something really new where nothing is known.
    The cells to make the cultured meat are biopsied from actual animals. These cells aren't magically made in a test tube from thin air. They are simply cultured from real live animal cells that are able to naturally regenerate.

Again, I'm having a hard time imagining how something could be made unhealthier than the current mass produced meat process.

Comments

herbertstemple: Well one way is natural, the other is not. How's that for starters moron?

Muck Ficon: Cancelling out retard rep

Load Metric

The cells to make the cultured meat are biopsied from actual animals. These cells aren't magically made in a test tube from thin air. They are simply cultured from real live animal cells that are able to naturally regenerate.

Again, I'm having a hard time imagining how something could be made unhealthier than the current mass produced meat process.
    Dude I loved Cancer Man in the X-Files.

Load Metric
    Herbert is having a very hard time understanding this thread lol. Someone please explain it to him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Load Metric
    Pretty sure the board addressed this question yesterday and it was an overwhelming no.

http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sho...t-would-you-do

Comments

The_Lurker: Finally a voice of reason

Platinum
    Load Metric
    NO

Thread Information