Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 408Mike Update Thread

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Avon Barksdale View Post
    Seems he's been off the PFA grid for at least a week...

Anyone on here stay in contact with the lovable guy outside this site?

Hate to hear he got pulled down to rock bottom with Heeb.
    I am fine thank you for the support. temporarily I've hashed things out with my parents to stay home and finish my degree, or leave, join the military etc.

none of these potentials interest me tho, and living at home..i might as well just kill myself now and stop wasting time I mean...I hate it. BIG time. The obvious problem now is how do i escape? 31 is bad enough, I might wake up and be 35-36 AND STILL LIVING WITH MY PARENTS- a real possibility now as I think my parents have more or less broken down and said they can't throw me out again.

*sigh* and life trudges on...
    Name:  omg22.gif
Views: 401
Size:  447.0 KB

yikes mate

Load Metric
    Mike, nothing you can do besides put one foot in front of the other in a positive way going forward. I've been broke, wealthy, broke, wealthy, in debt, wealthy, and then gave 50% of everything to an ex during the past 25 years. Things are good now, but I'm a decade + older than you, and it's all play money with our financial system at this point anyway. Honestly, just put blinders on, don't give a fuck about what people think, and get positive stuff done. Most depression stems out of comparing what is to what you thought it would be, or where others are, but fuck all that internal noise, and you have some advantages putting it all back together. No kids, I don't imagine any real significant debt, you're healthy besides the drug binges, which likely haven't permanently harmed you at this point. Some dude is coming back from Afghanistan right now missing a leg; you wouldn't change places with that fucker given the opportunity. Just regroup, stay the fuck away from poison, and don't worry about where you're at now. Just wake up tomorrow resolved to not fail, and to accomplish something positive each day. Just finish school if it's within reach, and at worst, you'll always make a decent living. Until then, suck it up and work through it. They'll probably add another 10 years to our lifespan by the time you're 80, so view yourself as 21 and just get busy.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTIFIEDhomicide View Post

What's your definition of trolling? it seems to be overused here. I made one post toward Mike mocking him, and you, the serious police come in telling me I'm pathetic?

lol, what's pathetic is how serious you and some others take the internet. How about you go fuck yourself and eat a fat dick, and realize I can and will say whatever I want on here to mock whoever I want.

Trying to make his life better? lol, you obviously don't have a fucking clue who Mike is and his past. If you think for a second he is coming on this forum to "make his life better" you are a fucking clown and don't even deserve a response. Now fuck off bitch and go protect someone who needs it
    You're like a more eloquent version of The Standard. The guy's life has fallen apart due to drugs and you feel it necessary to take shots at him over the internet. Tight fucking life bro, just sayin'

Name:  
Views: 
Size:

haha you have no idea what I am, but I know you're a hypocrite. You tell me I'm an internet badass and afterward post pictures of children with mental handicaps. Well played you fucking idiot. My life is miserable because I came on here, read a thread and posted something I thought was funny? Get a fucking life loser. You probably don't even have the mental capacity to understand what I just said. So, I'll just shut it down. Good day

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Mike, nothing you can do besides put one foot in front of the other in a positive way going forward. I've been broke, wealthy, broke, wealthy, in debt, wealthy, and then gave 50% of everything to an ex during the past 25 years. Things are good now, but I'm a decade + older than you, and it's all play money with our financial system at this point anyway. Honestly, just put blinders on, don't give a fuck about what people think, and get positive stuff done. Most depression stems out of comparing what is to what you thought it would be, or where others are, but fuck all that internal noise, and you have some advantages putting it all back together. No kids, I don't imagine any real significant debt, you're healthy besides the drug binges, which likely haven't permanently harmed you at this point. Some dude is coming back from Afghanistan right now missing a leg; you wouldn't change places with that fucker given the opportunity. Just regroup, stay the fuck away from poison, and don't worry about where you're at now. Just wake up tomorrow resolved to not fail, and to accomplish something positive each day. Just finish school if it's within reach, and at worst, you'll always make a decent living. Until then, suck it up and work through it. They'll probably add another 10 years to our lifespan by the time you're 80, so view yourself as 21 and just get busy.

I like it BCR, good post.
    Of all the money e'er I had, I spent it in good company

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTemplar View Post

I like it BCR, good post.
    BCR is the true, undisputed voice of reason and probably my all time favorite poster.

Sage advice as always.

Name:  xVoice of Reason.JPG
Views: 348
Size:  72.3 KB

Load Metric
    Mike,

From reading some of your posts, it sounds like you have a legit interest in technology. I would recommend taking a look at some of the I.T. trade schools in your area. (I would not recommend ITT Tech or Devry)
    Look at getting certified as a computer tech or even higher. There are and always will be a demand for high-tech workers, especially in the Silicon Valley.
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post
    Lol at the amount of effort that druff's friends have to exert trying to do an internet podcast without offending him.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTIFIEDhomicide View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

You're like a more eloquent version of The Standard. The guy's life has fallen apart due to drugs and you feel it necessary to take shots at him over the internet. Tight fucking life bro, just sayin'

Name:  
Views: 
Size:

haha you have no idea what I am, but I know you're a hypocrite. You tell me I'm an internet badass and afterward post pictures of children with mental handicaps. Well played you fucking idiot. My life is miserable because I came on here, read a thread and posted something I thought was funny? Get a fucking life loser. You probably don't even have the mental capacity to understand what I just said. So, I'll just shut it down. Good day
    hyp·o·crite
       [hip-uh-krit] Show IPA
    noun
    a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.
    a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

Name:  The_More_You_Know.jpg
Views: 580
Size:  26.6 KB

Perhaps you already know the meaning of this word and are just too angry at me to think but in no way did I express hypocrisy. I just called you out for being an anonymous troll on the internets and apparently that set you off.

I don't believe that the people with Downs I posted are children but even if they are that doesn't make me a hypocrite. Know your words, tough guy.

Name:  palinthumbsup-165x300.jpg
Views: 553
Size:  14.4 KB

*giggling*
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Avon Barksdale View Post
    Seems he's been off the PFA grid for at least a week...

Anyone on here stay in contact with the lovable guy outside this site?

Hate to hear he got pulled down to rock bottom with Heeb.
    I am fine thank you for the support. temporarily I've hashed things out with my parents to stay home and finish my degree, or leave, join the military etc.

none of these potentials interest me tho, and living at home..i might as well just kill myself now and stop wasting time I mean...I hate it. BIG time. The obvious problem now is how do i escape? 31 is bad enough, I might wake up and be 35-36 AND STILL LIVING WITH MY PARENTS- a real possibility now as I think my parents have more or less broken down and said they can't throw me out again.

i know i have trolled you in the past...nothing personal

i have been in your position, i know friends/acquaintances who have also, and the first thing you have to do is a self audit. Be honest with yourself and you will see a pattern...and try to change those bad habits/traits

you are obviously suffering from depression, and you need to get some help, maybe you already have

medicating yourself through drugs,even by been obsessed with your body isnt healthy either, either is spending an inordinate amount of time on the bullshit world of the internet

you should be thankful you have a place to stay...consider it a transit lounge, while you are sorting yourself out. You are also lucky that you have your loved ones around...talk to your parents, they might surprise you

good luck

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I'm really bothered(somewhat) by the constant baiting of Mr. Mike and the resultant deluge of personal information that no one needs to hear.

I suggest everyone leave Mike alone and then we won't have to hear these melodramatics played out every other week. I mean, no on really cares. You haven't met the guy, and you

do nothing other than offer armchair psychiatric advice. Most of you are just trying to get your kicks off the situation like you do with the Iceman.

The only good advice I heard was from Hutmaster when he suggested a running regimen for Mike. Running has many benefits which simulate what the addict needs or wants.

On top of any mental benefits, running takes time and this in itself can help someone with too much time on their hands. It also can provide a competitive outlet, which addicts often

crave and for some it can add a social aspect.

Load Metric
    I have run out of options today.

As of last night, when my mom called the cops on me, my life is essentially at "code red high alert"

I don't know who did it, but someone told my shell of a parent that, due to our agreement being verbal, she could literally just throw me out. So she tried.

I talked the cops out of actually grabbing my shit and throwing me on the front lawn, but things are dire. I have no cash, no car, no place to go, no job no income I have nothing.

The navy is working on my background check, and I am literally willing to sign on for 8 years *RIGHT NOW* and it's probably not happening. I have my AA degree, no one cares. My mother has horses to feed, dogs to feed, I no longer pose anythign but a threat to her apple cart of a free ride in life IE my step father who has afforded her to live the last 6 years without a job. Not one fucking day has she worked, and he's gotten tired of it.

So I have to go. And now she has the cops on her side.

I am fucked. This is more or less a distress signal, I have no clue what to fucking do. At all.

help?
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine
    i was pretty butt-hurt when mike said he didnt want to fuck with my home game because i was trannie-bombing threads, but ive definitely come to appreciate mike as a poster and a person and feel genuinely that the last thing on earth he deserves is a dime-store bipolar fruitcake like marty threatening him.

Load Metric
    if anyone has something to offer, I am down for anything. I can type 102wpm (tested) and have a background doing medical billing/collections, and also doing hard collections on insurance claims for various car insurance companies. I successfully ran a sports nutrition store for 4 years (it also had a tanning salon) and currently i am in the shape of my life. 5ft10 200lbs lean, pretty lean.

I have no options at this point, and tonight I may well be staying at a shelter.

Menopause is a motherfucker.
    Last edited by 408Mike; 06-19-2012 at 10:37 AM.
    i was pretty butt-hurt when mike said he didnt want to fuck with my home game because i was trannie-bombing threads, but ive definitely come to appreciate mike as a poster and a person and feel genuinely that the last thing on earth he deserves is a dime-store bipolar fruitcake like marty threatening him.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I have run out of options today.

As of last night, when my mom called the cops on me, my life is essentially at "code red high alert"

I don't know who did it, but someone told my shell of a parent that, due to our agreement being verbal, she could literally just throw me out. So she tried.

I talked the cops out of actually grabbing my shit and throwing me on the front lawn, but things are dire. I have no cash, no car, no place to go, no job no income I have nothing.

The navy is working on my background check, and I am literally willing to sign on for 8 years *RIGHT NOW* and it's probably not happening. I have my AA degree, no one cares. My mother has horses to feed, dogs to feed, I no longer pose anythign but a threat to her apple cart of a free ride in life IE my step father who has afforded her to live the last 6 years without a job. Not one fucking day has she worked, and he's gotten tired of it.

So I have to go. And now she has the cops on her side.

I am fucked. This is more or less a distress signal, I have no clue what to fucking do. At all.

help?
    It's time to head for the bridge.....cut the sympathy shit and get out of dodge one way or another

Desperate times call for desperate measures...if you are truly in distress, which I doubt, you can call on your government in the only way it seems fit and that is to serve through the military....anything else is viewed as giving up in your country so why not give it a try....what have you to lose....do you think they will scam you?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootsy Collins View Post
    Mike,

From reading some of your posts, it sounds like you have a legit interest in technology. I would recommend taking a look at some of the I.T. trade schools in your area. (I would not recommend ITT Tech or Devry)
    Look at getting certified as a computer tech or even higher. There are and always will be a demand for high-tech workers, especially in the Silicon Valley.
    I have actually looked into the IT field, a buddy of mine just graduated with a combined bachelors in IT and MBA, I just realized a bit too late. My background is heavily in biology as a nursing student who decided to try pre-med, I am rounded but specialize in nothing.

oh fuck me this is hopeless isn't it... i might as well just start calling gay pornographers now...or get used to stealing...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset316 View Post

As far as the military, it basically would be impossible to get in now at age 31. The services have cut back dramatically and you would not get past the interview process. They are actually bouncing people now who are in the service who they feel do not have the potential to advance.

Not sure why you don't get a job waiting tables. Not saying this is a lifetime job, but I know a guy who waits at a high end steak house and always is flush with cash and is generally a good guy. You'd have to start out at like an Outback to get the experience though. Sure beats sitting at home feeling sorry for yourself.

Plus you'll meet new people and have the potential to haul some ass with some 20 something waitresses, although you'll need to get an apartment first.
    I know the chances are slim but I'm gunning for a Hospital Corpsman spot, willing to travel, will take anything. My buddy got in a few months back, while I was still busy with classes. I have no criminal history, some nigling fines but that's about it, not married no kids etc. My friend called me and talked a while, he's USMC special forces, said my chances are "better than 50/50" and that's literally the only thing I have going for me.

better than 50/50...

Load Metric
    Also as per my recent past with addictive substances I have been almost totally clean the last 8 weeks. Just a few screw ups, nothing major. It's not a huge huge issue, now that I have gotten to the root cause of my self hatred. Presumtuous to say I am "cured" but suffice to say, my chances of a full relapse are equivalent to a person getting hooked in the first place.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    McDonalds and Taco Bell are always hiring. I'm not busting balls when I say this either. Find a job, any job, to keep your mind off other things.
    Of all the money e'er I had, I spent it in good company

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    It's so true......idle hands are the devils tools

Bronze
    Load Metric
    There are plenty of oil / natural gas drilling jobs in the Dakotas and Canada. You basically need to have some form of housing (i.e. a camper) or give part of your salary up to someone who has housing to bunk there. Long hard hours in a rough environment, but you will learn a trade and be able to bank a lot of money. You don't need experience as they train you.

Maybe cut a deal with your Mom, have her agree to a loan of $5,000, but a beat up camper with heat, and offer to pay her back $7,000 within a year. She might take the deal to get you out of the house. Or call the company you are interested in and see what they do about guys with no housing.

Either way, do your research on that. I met a guy a couple years ago in Cancun at a resort, and he was making $80,000 a year doing what I just described. 4 times a year he takes a tropical vacation. So its not all that bad and gives you something to look forward to.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Those hurt hard by the ailing economy are flocking to Williston, N.D., where an oil boom has turned a sleepy prairie town into a place producing thousands of jobs.

"There's opportunity here and that's what we all need is opportunity," said Williston Mayor Ward Koeser. "It's kind of been an oasis for the country. You know, there's a lot of jobs here, good paying jobs in the oil industry."

Williston is situated on the Bakken formation, an oil field that some say will produce the biggest boom in North America since the 1960s. Koeser said that his town currently has 2,000 to 3000 jobs and they haven't been able to fill the openings fast enough.

"A lot of jobs get filled every day, but it's like for every job you fill, another job and a half opens up," Koeser said.

A job on an oil rig can pay as much as six figures. The starting salary for truck drivers is around $80,000. While the nation's unemployment rate is 9.1 percent, Williston's unemployment rate is less than 1 percent.

Locals say job seekers from all 50 states are heading to the North Dakota town, becoming modern-day pioneers. The town's population has nearly doubled from 12,600 people to 23,000 people.

Patrick Parker hitchhiked from Yuba City, Calif., to Williston. When NBC News spoke to him, he had just $12 in his pocket. Parker, a paving stone layer by trade, has been out of work for two years.

Parker is one of a dozen people NBC News saw setting up camp or living in their cars in the parking lot of the local Wal-Mart. Williston's housing construction hasn't caught up with its rapid growth.
    http://rockcenter.msnbc.msn.com/_new...s-of-jobs?lite

Mike, I had a friend who entered this program where you teach English in certain countries. I forgot most of the details but i't might be something to look into.

Thread Information