Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: On Limon's "Pokersesh" show

Gold
    Load Metric
    Fuck Limon. He got ass raped betting against Trump and glad to see him go. Hope to never hear his annoying voice again.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    From SrslySirius in 2p2:

Whoever runs the LiveAtTheBike Twitch account told me that Limon is part owner, so I doubt he's been canned. Maybe one of the partners convinced him to take a step back because his histrionics are an embarrassment to the company.

Also, the Pokersesh last week in which he made a fool of himself is curiously missing from the archive. When I inquired about this via customer support, they claimed that it was a rare technical error and that the episode is unrecoverable.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    He made a fool of himself last week. I caught word somewhere in the middle of this long rant regarding Doug Polk.

Short cliffs the way I understood it (someone else can chime in with more or correct me) on what happened:

- Limon agreed to play Doug heads up for "Doug Polk Week" on Live at the Bike. They were going to play for 10k I believe half NL/PLO game then Limon said only if Doug called into his show.

- When Limon went on the air he was expecting an immediate call from Doug and Doug said he didn't know he had to call in the very minute Poker Sesh started.

- Doug did call in about 20 minutes afterwards but Limon was already in a rant about being "big timed" and how he is the fish in this thing with nothing to gain,etc... He says in poker the pros need to respect the fish more,etc..

- Doug tries calling into the show several times for the next hour and even fired up an impromptu twitch stream himself because Limon wouldn't take his call.

- Finally after a while Limon does answer the call and Limon is screaming where Doug can't get a word in so he basically says fuck it and hangs up.

Limon ranted forever and tried to get himself over on this angle while looking like a fool. His show had a record number of viewers compared to other weeks because people wanted to hear him talk to Doug then they stuck around for this embarrassing segment.

On the first Live at the Bike show last week that was on twitch I went in there when I saw Limon and asked why he big timed Doug by not taking his call for an hour and it got me snap banned probably by Limon or another nazi mod they have in there which was lol not that I give a shit about that channel but could probably get unbanned just messaging another mod letting them know what happened.

Limon saying this was a planned move to get away and has nothing to do with the Doug Polk thing last week is laughable. It certainly has some to do with it as the rest of the LATB owners aren't just going to let Limon go off like that and potentially ruin future big games by insulting those who are coming to play. LATB had more viewers last week then any other show they have ever done on twitch in the past.

Limon will likely remain a silent partner who could return some day but they probably want him off their channel for a bit. From what I've read he has annoyed several other hosts in the past but he does have that ownership in the show along with a few others. They would not give David Tuchman a piece after he put in a ton of work for years and basically ran him off the show.

Comments

GambleBotsChafedPenis: Summary Rep

MumblesBadly: Idiots! Tuchman's commentary on LATB was excellent.

Shizzmoney: Tuchman not being given a piece of LATB is a slap to the face
    Last edited by BeerAndPoker; 02-21-2017 at 05:39 AM.

Load Metric
    Stop making stupid (poker) people famous.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    He spent a year trashing Trump on twitter and bragging about how +EV his bets were on Hillary. Nothing sweeter than seeing a loudmouth drunk lose his ass on a sure thing.

Comments

Tellafriend: that certainly wouldn't happen around here.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    in fairness he has had a 20+ year gig as sideshow bob...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Limon got banned from twitter too which isn't as easy as you would think.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    Limon got banned from twitter too which isn't as easy as you would think.
    Tuchman liked this tweet:

Comments

Suicide King: Lol

Dupe_Fiasco:

Load Metric
    Am I the only one who sees Limon as a perfect 50/50 blend of Druff and Marty?
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    Am I the only one who sees Limon as a perfect 50/50 blend of Druff and Marty?
    I see what you're getting at but limon's voice is about a billion times worse than anything marty could belch. The sad truth of it is he actually reminds me of a detroit sports radio host named dan leach. anyone in detroit that listens to 97.1 the ticket knows exactly what I'm getting at here.

Load Metric
    When all this was going on in saw limon playing at commerce. Was wondering why he wouldn't Be at the bike.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by snake_in_the_ass View Post
    He spent a year trashing Trump on twitter and bragging about how +EV his bets were on Hillary. Nothing sweeter than seeing a loudmouth drunk lose his ass on a sure thing.
    He still claims his hillary bets were incredibly +EV. Says he was claiming the whole time that hillary was 80% to win, it just so happens that the 20% hit.

Load Metric
    He's the perfect example of an amusing sidekick where a little goes a long way.

I always enjoyed when Bart had him on periodically, but he isn't meant to carry his own show. Type of guy I'd probably get along with in real life, but a straight hour of him was simply too much. Show always felt forced. Too strong of an opinion on everything. Never nuanced. Plus whatever business issues he had that ended his friendship/collaboration with Bart spilled over into an underlying bitterness that you could feel. Was a bad look for a previously likeable character. Just my take on his solo work from afar. It had been quite awhile since I listened to him.
    Last edited by BCR; 02-21-2017 at 02:54 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Live at the Bike has a 25/50 game on right now on twitch and I put it on for a few minutes to see Cate Hall shuffling her chips with her weird, bony fingers.

Load Metric
    She is slim pastor on stars right? If so I was reading a bunch of hh she played and imo she is a spaz. I saw her call a few 4 bet oop float flop with airball then leads turn and ships river with airball.
    She didn't stick around in those games very long.. a few weeks or so and then she vanished

Fuck you limon you annoying live donk

Inaugural Spring Classic Champion HoodedN's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Live at the Bike has a 25/50 game on right now on twitch and I put it on for a few minutes to see Cate Hall shuffling her chips with her weird, bony fingers.
    Larry Laffer should trade hands with her

Comments

LarryLaffer: funny

Platinum
    Load Metric
    she just got felted...so outta her league against high stakes cash game pros...

Load Metric
    i had no idea LATB streamed for free.
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I don't follow much poker at all anymore, but I used to read Limon's posts concerning the high stakes section of the Commerce and thought they were very good and well thought out and had a lot of truth. I can't speak for his knowledge of online poker circa 2017, but I think circa early 2000s he understood the high stakes Los Angeles live poker scene very well.

I even played with him a couple times years and years and years ago before I knew who he was. He would "take shots" in juicy mid limit games which I played in at the time. I put that in quotes cause the games were effectively much smaller than the NL games he was a regular in at the time, but he probably thought there were higher EV in the moment for whatever reason, or he was waiting for a seat in his game.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    I don't follow much poker at all anymore, but I used to read Limon's posts concerning the high stakes section of the Commerce and thought they were very good and well thought out and had a lot of truth. I can't speak for his knowledge of online poker circa 2017, but I think circa early 2000s he understood the high stakes Los Angeles live poker scene very well.

I even played with him a couple times years and years and years ago before I knew who he was. He would "take shots" in juicy mid limit games which I played in at the time. I put that in quotes cause the games were effectively much smaller than the NL games he was a regular in at the time, but he probably thought there were higher EV in the moment for whatever reason, or he was waiting for a seat in his game.

On the old Crush Live Poker podcasts he was def on point.

I feel like in recent years he's gone off on the whole "troll" aspect of his online presence. He's always been a good poster on 2+2.

there's a huge reason why the LATB youtube videos don't have comments enabled, and it's Limon.
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Thread Information