View Poll Results: Who would you vote for right now?

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rand Paul

7 6.09%
  • Christie

1 0.87%
  • Trump

46 40.00%
  • Hilary

11 9.57%
  • Bernie

33 28.70%
  • Carson

1 0.87%
  • Cruz

6 5.22%
  • Rubio

6 5.22%
  • Bush

1 0.87%
  • Kasich

3 2.61%
Page 47 of 145 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797 ... LastLast

Thread: President 2016

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    Pooh, please stop calling Krypt "sand n-word". I really dislike reading that shit. There's plenty of other things to say without going there.
    fuck that sand n-word

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    He might drop a bomb that forces their hand like he advised her this was all illegal and she told him something along the lines of 'fuck you do what i say hail satan now fuck off so i can forward this directly to russia while i murder some babies'. Short of that, I doubt this is going to be go far.
    Plus it gives the DNC a shit ton of control over her.

You don't think she'd move right on Obama's policies to get elected?

It is a form of insurance by the DNC to make sure she doesn't campaign on over turning Obama's Executive Orders.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post
    He might drop a bomb that forces their hand like he advised her this was all illegal and she told him something along the lines of 'fuck you do what i say hail satan now fuck off so i can forward this directly to russia while i murder some babies'. Short of that, I doubt this is going to be go far.
    Plus it gives the DNC a shit ton of control over her.

You don't think she'd move right on Obama's policies to get elected?

It is a form of insurance by the DNC to make sure she doesn't campaign on over turning Obama's Executive Orders.

just one mans opinion but this seems far fetched. i dont imagine the DOJ or FBI would allow partisan politics to influence their course of action with a possible republican administration stepping into power so soon. i think this is more about them not wanting to spend thousands of man-hours enforcing and prosecuting every worm writhing around in that can. because if there is one thing we have learned, its that most of these silver hairs have security clearance and no fucking clue how to respect it/operate within its boundaries. so if you take hillary to the wall, you are basically going to end up in a hatfields/mccoys tit for tat bloodbath where the only people left standing are the types of people who dont own any electronic device that's not explicitly described in the holy bible.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Puts His Dick in the Mashed Potatoes
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    The best thing about Trump vs. Hilary is Trump will go where no other man would go with Hilary. Literally that bull dyke cunt.

best thing about clinton v trump is we get months of obama doing a correspondence dinner roast of trump

Comments

Tellafriend: Hilarious rep

Load Metric
    http://www.detroitnews.com/story/new...igan/81165542/

"The Republican National Committee allocated 400 tickets to the state party, which is expected to give roughly 350 to elected officials, state committee members and grassroots activists, said Michigan GOP spokeswoman Sarah Anderson."
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    http://www.detroitnews.com/story/new...igan/81165542/

"The Republican National Committee allocated 400 tickets to the state party, which is expected to give roughly 350 to elected officials, state committee members and grassroots activists, said Michigan GOP spokeswoman Sarah Anderson."
    Oh our shit's corrupt alright. Look at Flint.

Load Metric
    If you think Hillary has the Dem nomination locked up because of her Super Tuesday performance, think again. At least according to Cenk Uygar.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/why-b...b_9363416.html

Why Bernie Sanders Won Super Tuesday
    Cenk Uygur Host, 'The Young Turks'
    ------

Bernie won Super Tuesday! Let me explain why.

Going into tonight it was unclear what was going to happen because the polling was so shoddy in some states, especially Colorado and Minnesota. Those two states are so important because of what they mean for the future.

It turns out that Hillary Clinton won all of the states she was supposed to win -- and a narrow victory in Massachusetts (remember she won Mass. by 15 points against Obama and still lost the primary in 2008). But Bernie Sanders had resounding wins in CO & MN. Those two states are much more indicative of the states that are coming in the rest of the primary schedule.

All of these Southern states were Hillary Clinton's best states (by the way, also irrelevant places to have strength in for the general election). She's used up most of her ammo and doesn't even know what kind of trouble she's in. Right before the voting, she pivoted toward the right again in anticipation of the general election. Big mistake. She can't help herself; she lives and breaths arrogance.

Tonight could have been the knock out punch if Clinton had won CO & MN. But she didn't! She lost them big. Now, he has a $40 million war chest and favorable map in front of him. Feel the Bern!

Time is on Bernie's side. The more he runs, the more people find out about him. Everyone already knows Clinton. She's gaining no new voters. Every day he gains ground. So, now he lives to fight many other days. She is in a race against time and she didn't close the door tonight. Tick, tock. Tick, tock!

March 8th is huge because whoever wins Michigan has momentum going into March 15th -- the real Super Tuesday (FL, OH, IL, NC and MO). That's Colossal Tuesday. And maybe the Ides of March for Hillary Clinton.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    If you think Hillary has the Dem nomination locked up because of her Super Tuesday performance, think again. At least according to Cenk Uygar.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/why-b...b_9363416.html

Why Bernie Sanders Won Super Tuesday
    Cenk Uygur Host, 'The Young Turks'
    ------

Bernie won Super Tuesday! Let me explain why.

Going into tonight it was unclear what was going to happen because the polling was so shoddy in some states, especially Colorado and Minnesota. Those two states are so important because of what they mean for the future.

It turns out that Hillary Clinton won all of the states she was supposed to win -- and a narrow victory in Massachusetts (remember she won Mass. by 15 points against Obama and still lost the primary in 2008). But Bernie Sanders had resounding wins in CO & MN. Those two states are much more indicative of the states that are coming in the rest of the primary schedule.

All of these Southern states were Hillary Clinton's best states (by the way, also irrelevant places to have strength in for the general election). She's used up most of her ammo and doesn't even know what kind of trouble she's in. Right before the voting, she pivoted toward the right again in anticipation of the general election. Big mistake. She can't help herself; she lives and breaths arrogance.

Tonight could have been the knock out punch if Clinton had won CO & MN. But she didn't! She lost them big. Now, he has a $40 million war chest and favorable map in front of him. Feel the Bern!

Time is on Bernie's side. The more he runs, the more people find out about him. Everyone already knows Clinton. She's gaining no new voters. Every day he gains ground. So, now he lives to fight many other days. She is in a race against time and she didn't close the door tonight. Tick, tock. Tick, tock!

March 8th is huge because whoever wins Michigan has momentum going into March 15th -- the real Super Tuesday (FL, OH, IL, NC and MO). That's Colossal Tuesday. And maybe the Ides of March for Hillary Clinton.
    Only way Hills doesn't take it down is if she gets indicted. Then all bets are off, there will be a Party vote of 'No Confidence' and Biden will come in, or Gore or someone else that can coast this out for a brokered convention. Either way, the last act in Obama's career will be pardoning this idiot.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rum dick View Post

I don't know about that. He has the money and support to take it all the way to the convention and a pretty good shot of taking the nomination from Trump on the delegates' second ballot.

I ran the numbers on a delegate model and the possibility that Trump is denied the votes he needs to avoid a convention floor vote is a lot more likely than Trump getting the 1200 plus votes he needs to win the nomination outright. This becomes a near certainty if Kasich wins Ohio and Rubio wins Florida. Even then it can still be done even if Trump wins one of those states (I'm not sure if that's true if Trump wins both of them). Let's say Trump fails to win Ohio and Florida, in that case all Rubio or someone else needs to do is pick off a couple/few states like Minnesota (and Rubio already has one in the bag with Utah) and maybe somebody other than Trump needs to win California...maybe.

Plus, Rubio literally has nothing to lose. He's not running for reelection in the Senate so it's not like has to worry about saving his Senate seat or his political career (his political career is over if Trump wins the nomination). And even if Rubio fights all the way to the convention and loses or he fails to stop Trump from getting the outright win, there are gonna be a bunch of grateful establishment types with money who will reward him for "fighting the good fight to save the soul of the party" and hook him up with cushy lawyer and consultant gigs. Or he can get a job with Fox News ala Huckabee. The point is that losing a drawn out fight with Trump will have zero effect on his ability to clean up in the private sector post-election so why not go for it, especially with the Tump U trial set for July and Donald being required to testify at said trial.

The ONLY way it's over for Rubio is if the donations to his campaign and various super PACs dry up, and so far, there's no sign of that happening or Trump wins Ohio and Florida.
    Not only is it over for Rubio.
    It's over for Cruz, Kasich and Carson.
    They can only hope to block Trump from getting enough delegates.

Trump is ahead in Ohio and Florida. He will easily win these states.

Sen. leader Mitch McConnell is getting scared and hopefully he and other members of Congress will resign once President Trump takes office next year.

So far in this primary process, Republicans have gotten 3 million more votes than Democrats. Why? Because more people are voting for Trump. People are not turning out to vote for Bernie Sanders.

Trump will make America great again and make Hillary shut the fuck up.

Maybe because it is (was) an actual competition among the Republicans. Nobody thought Bernie had a chance.

Comments

rum dick: open primaries and this

Load Metric
    Hillary defended a 41-year-old rapist as an attorney in 1975. The victim was a 12-year-old girl.

Even though Hillary knew he was guilty, she painted the 12-year-old out as one who liked older men and how she was basically asking for it. The rapist got just 1 month in prison.

When questioned about this awful and dishonest defense strategy which damaged a young girl and allowed a rapist to get off almost scot free, she claimed she was simply "giving he client a good defense" -- or basically saying that as his attorney she had to do whatever it took to get him off the hook.

This was reported by CBS news, not a right-wing rag: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/hillary-...-rape-suspect/
    As a defence attorney she is required to represent her client to the best of her ability, even if she knows he's guilty. The defendant is constitutionally entitled to a defence, even if he is the worst person in the world. The entire burden of proof is on the state. If the prosecution had done its job he'd have gone to jail for longer.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Legal scholar rep

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Druff about to be gang raped. But he was asking for it with that post.

Proceed
    I don't understand.

What was wrong with my post about Hillary and the rapist?

Would I want to hire her as my defense attorney if I was guilty and wanted someone who would do or say anything to get me the lightest sentence possible? You bet.

Would I trust that same person to be President, or hold any other kind of position of authority? Absolutely not.
    So leaving aside political opinions, you wouldn't trust as President or as an authority figure someone who performs her job competently regardless of her personal feelings about it?
    Last edited by hongkonger; 03-03-2016 at 08:19 AM.

Load Metric
    Romney live, trying to destroy Trump, on tv now

Load Metric
    Hillary must be feeling like god right now

Comments

Henry:

Load Metric
    rofl at Romney calling other people CRONY capitalists..... fucking fraud

Comments

MumblesBadly: Spot on!

Henry:

Load Metric
    Lets be honest: Romney is PRESIDENTIAL

Comments

rum dick: he's definitely got POTUS level hair

Henry:

Load Metric
    Trump should have a press conference today where he just has a giant screen behind him, playing the speech Romney gave about him, completely praising him from 4 years ago, after Trump gave his support to Romney. Would be lolz.

Comments

Krypt: fair enough

Walking Image Library
    Load Metric
    Mitt the Failed Assassin

Load Metric
    Interesting article at the Atlantic this morning. Does a pretty good job of explaining the dilemma facing the Republican Party and the candidates going against Trump.

"The Republican Party's Best Bet Against Trump

GOP leaders had planned to unite behind an alternative to the front-runner, but after Super Tuesday, they now favor a strategy of fragmentation.

More by necessity than design, some of the leading Republicans opposed to Donald Trump are completely reversing their thinking about how he might be stopped after his sweeping wins on Super Tuesday.

After Trump’s victories in seven of 11 states this week, some of his key Republican critics are moving from a long-shot bet on beating him through consolidation to an even riskier wager on denying him the nomination through fragmentation.

Before Tuesday, Republican leaders had almost universally bet on consolidation: clearing the field to unite behind one alternative to the front-runner. But after Trump captured states across the GOP’s geographic and demographic spectrum, those resisting him are now talking about a strategy of fragmentation: encouraging Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz, and John Kasich, Trump’s principal remaining rivals, to informally divide the country and simultaneously challenge him on different battlefields.

The goal is to splinter the vote enough to prevent Trump from acquiring the 1,237 delegates he needs for a first ballot nomination at the GOP convention in Cleveland. “I don’t think consolidation is the path forward; I think that was a December option,” says Stuart Stevens, the senior strategist for Mitt Romney in 2012 and a leading Trump critic. “I think people other than Donald Trump winning delegates is the answer, and that is better achieved not through consolidation.”

Katie Packer Gage, the executive director of Our Principles PAC, the leading conservative group targeting Trump, has now also concluded that fragmentation offers a better chance of stopping him than consolidation, if only because the latter is so unlikely. “Whatever [is] the best option might be irrelevant,” she says. “That might be the only option. There probably does have to be a multi-pronged effort to deny him the nomination.”

It would be tempting to call this a strategy of divide and conquer-except that would understate the position of weakness from which this discussion springs. “I would call it divide and survive,” Stevens says. “No one is going to be conquering.”

Among Republicans nervous about Trump, the talk of consolidation hasn’t stopped. But nothing about Tuesday’s results encouraged it. Instead it underscored the limits confronting each of the candidates chasing Trump, even as it demonstrated both the front-runner’s strengths and continuing challenges.

In most respects, Trump’s performance this week was dominant. Trump crossed the geographic and religious divide that stymied the past two GOP nominees, Mitt Romney and John McCain, by winning northern and border states with relatively fewer evangelicals that they carried (Vermont, Massachusetts, Virginia) but also taking the heavily evangelical Southern states they lost (Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee). And Trump continued to demonstrate enormous appeal for the party’s turbulent blue-collar wing, carrying at least 46 percent of non-college whites in Tennessee, Virginia, Georgia, Alabama, and Massachusetts.

But in other ways, Trump’s performance hinted at lingering resistance. He exceeded 40 percent of the vote in just two states—Alabama and Massachusetts. In every state, his showing among whites with a four-year college degree or more lagged behind his support from whites without degrees; he’s carried most college-educated whites in only six of the 13 states with exit polls. And of course, his wins came even as concern over him among party leaders peaked following his refusal to instantly denounce the Ku Klux Klan and white supremacist David Duke on CNN last weekend. “You talk to people on Capitol Hill and they are terrified,” the veteran Republican strategist Pete Wehner said.

The problem remains, though, that none of Trump’s rivals appear big enough to stop him alone. Cruz and Rubio continue to demonstrate mirror-image weaknesses. Cruz’s coalition is too narrow, while Rubio’s remains too shallow. Even as Trump has cracked Cruz’s evangelical foundation in several states, the Texan has not topped 18 percent support among voters who are not evangelicals anywhere except his home state. Rubio, meanwhile, has drawn support that is broad but thin. On Tuesday, Rubio won white college graduates in just three states and non-college whites in none. And by tilting right in his message, Rubio has left room for Kasich—whose support is narrowly restricted to party centrists—to peel away moderates outside the South.

Looking at that record, it’s no wonder more Trump critics are losing faith that one candidate can unite the party against him—and instead hoping that the field can collectively contest Trump in enough states to prevent him from obtaining a first ballot nomination. The most obvious risk in this approach is that the pack will divide the voters most skeptical of Trump. But, argues Stevens, “There is no other path. Ask yourself: If Rubio gets out is Kasich going to win Florida? If Kasich gets out, is Rubio going to win Ohio?” Even some senior advisers to the remaining contenders are privately echoing that logic.

This last ditch strategy implicitly acknowledges that Trump is likely to arrive in Cleveland with the largest delegate haul—but bets that the convention will reject him anyway if he falls below an absolute majority. Ordinarily that would be a recipe for civil war. But Trump’s critics justifiably think civil war is equally likely if he’s nominated. “There is a huge split in the party whether he wins or there is a brokered convention,” said Gage. “Neither,” she added a moment later, “bodes well for winning the general election.”"

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/...-trump/471996/

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post
    Lets be honest: Romney is PRESIDENTIAL

Barack Obama defeats ex-Gov. Mitt Romney in Massachusetts election, claims 11 electoral votes

If you can't carry your home state what shot do you have? None

Load Metric
    ROFL!! Chris Christie is the gift that keeps on giving.

"6 New Jersey newspapers call for Chris Christie to resign

Dylan Stableford
    Senior editor
    March 2, 2016

To say New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie had a rough day on Tuesday would be an understatement.

Six New Jersey newspapers issued a joint editorial calling on Christie to resign following his failed presidential campaign and subsequent endorsement of Republican frontrunner Donald Trump.

“We’re fed up with Gov. Chris Christie’s arrogance,” the papers wrote. “We’re fed up with his opportunism. We’re fed up with his hypocrisy. We’re fed up with his sarcasm. We’re fed up with his long neglect of the state to pursue his own selfish agenda. We’re disgusted with his endorsement of Donald Trump after he spent months on the campaign trail trashing him, calling him unqualified by temperament and experience to be president.”

The newspapers — the Asbury Park Press, the Bridgewater Courier-News, the Cherry Hill Courier-Post, the East Brunswick Home News Tribune, the Vineland Daily Journal and the Morristown Daily Record, each owned by Gannett — published the call for Christie’s resignation a day after the governor held a contentious press conference where he refused to answer questions related to his endorsement of Trump because, he said, “I don’t want to.”

The newspapers noted that Christie spent 261 days out of state last year and traveled to campaign with Trump after giving the real estate mogul his endorsement on Friday. (On Saturday, even Trump told Christie it was time to “go home.”)

“For the good of the state, it’s time for Christie to do his long-neglected constituents a favor and resign as governor,” the papers wrote. “If he refuses, citizens should initiate a recall effort.”

The papers concluded: “New Jersey needs someone whose full attention is devoted to making life better for New Jersey’s citizens. That won’t happen until Christie steps down or is forced out.”

The joint editorial came the same day New Hampshire’s Union Leader newspaper, which endorsed Christie, admitted it was wildly wrong to do so.

“Boy, were we wrong,” Union Leader publisher Joseph W. McQuaid wrote in an editorial. “Watching Christie kiss the Donald’s ring this weekend — and make excuses for the man Christie himself had said was unfit for the presidency — demonstrated how wrong we were. Rather than standing up to the bully, Christie bent his knee. In doing so, he rejected the very principles of his campaign that attracted our support.”

The public humiliation didn’t end there.

After introducing Trump at a press conference in Palm Beach, Fla., on Tuesday night, Christie stood awkwardly behind Trump — and was widely mocked."

https://www.yahoo.com/politics/new-j...144350557.html

Thread Information