Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RIP to a Druff and my favorite Glenn Frey

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BUMP

Glenn Frey's wife Cindy has sued the hospital and the doctor that treated Frey, for wrongful death.

Frey was only 67 when he died 3 1/2 years ago, of ulcerative colitis, pneumonia, and other respiratory issues. While many musicians who die young end up having themselves to blame, due to drug or alcohol abuse, Frey appears to have simply been a victim of bad luck, and came down with various medical conditions which progressed to kill him.

But was it completely bad luck? His wife believes that the doctor was incompetent and took far too long to identify and treat Frey's diseases of the bowel, eventually leading to his death.

She also states that his death wasn't abrupt, but rather the malpractice led to him being incapacitated and mostly disabled during the final months of his life.

There's also an interesting legal battle gong on currently regarding how much of Frey's financial records can remain sealed. His wife is suing for $12 million, claiming that's what he could have earned for the rest of his life had this been treated properly and he recovered. The doctor is demanding financial records to prove this, which his wife doesn't want to provide, citing that the public would be too interested in it and it would become tabloid fodder. The judge ruled that she has to provide these records, or at least the relevant parts, regardless of how famous Glenn was.

I have no idea if the doctor screwed up, but I do know that you have to be really careful and advocate for your own health. Doctors often take a stab in the dark when diagnosing people, and they give each patient very limited time -- even famous ones like Frey. It doesn't help that some doctors are arrogant and refuse to question their own initial conclusion. I have seen many people go down an unfortunate road of improper treatments or dangerous tests, which then lead to more complications, which ultimately lead to death or disability, and it becomes very difficult to prove.

Everyone would be smart to do a sanity check on any conclusions the doctors come to, especially if it's a problem which is potentially serious and won't go away. This is also true when it comes to invasive testing which may not be necessary.

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/glen...rongful-death/

https://pagesix.com/2019/04/18/judge...ul-death-suit/

I know you got the $12 million number from the article, but that number has to be wrong. He would easily earn more than that in a single year from touring with the Eagles.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Yeah it's weird that they're questioning the $12 million. I thought that was low, too.

Silver
    Load Metric
    12 million is ridiculous - I am assuming he and Henley are chopping it up pretty close to equal.

Their tours are probably more expensive than most - lots of overhead with many musicians on the stage other than the main 4 or 5 but their tour is still doing big-big business in the states - playing 20k+ seat arenas, etc.

Maybe they asked for a smaller amount hoping not to disclose the real #s since they can make the argument it's gonna be more if they disclose? I dk - that explanation makes no sense but 12 million makes no sense either - they could have toured for another 10 years.

Thread Information