Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Guess Which One of These 5 Stories is a Lie

Banned
    Load Metric

Guess Which One of These 5 Stories is a Lie

4/5 of these stories are true...one is complete bullshit

cast your vote for the fake story of your choice

____

1) When our ship the 'Silas Bent' was docked in Korea overnight, I accidentally took a wrong turn walking back from the PX, and was detained at gunpoint by heavily armed North Korean border guards until our captain showed up.

Name:  kor.JPG
Views: 761
Size:  43.6 KB

2) When living in Sydney, Australia in the mid 80's....I scaled a 6 foot inverted retaining barbed wire fence while heavily intoxicated and climbed to the very top of the Sydney Harbour Bridge only to be arrested and jailed overnight for trespassing

Name:  Sydney_Harbour_Bridge.jpg
Views: 695
Size:  466.0 KB

3) When living in Hawaii in the late 80's, I hung out and got shitfaced with Ozzy Osbourne and his entourage at a popular nightclub called 'The Wave' in Waikiki, and upon leaving, he puked all over my new Nikes before stumbling into his limo

Name:  oz.jpg
Views: 678
Size:  106.5 KB

4) When living up in the mountains near Mt Lassen in Northern California about 3 years ago, Winnie and I stumbled across an adult mountain lion guarding 2 cubs while out hiking in the wilderness right before dawn.

Name:  mountain_lion.jpg
Views: 706
Size:  66.2 KB

5) When working for a Yellow Pages publisher as an advertising sales rep in Napa, California during the summer of 2009...I ran into a bald Bruce Willis & his girlfriend at a small cafe', and convinced him to say his famous line from the original Die Hard " Welcome to the Party Pal !"

Name:  erf.JPG
Views: 693
Size:  45.7 KB

Comments

Henry: 2

Rest In Peace, Godfather delaware's Avatar
    Load Metric
    number 5 the rest are the truth

Comments

tyde: Del wins as usual

Load Metric
    Lie is first, rest are true.

Comments

tyde: incorrect

Load Metric
    Idiots don't even know how polls work? Just make your pick at the top!
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    the one where you were sober

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    2 looks like the bullshit one to me.

I don't believe Marty would take a risk like that, as we have never known him to be an extreme thrill seeker.

Also, the other four seem true for the following reasons:

1) Story isn't exciting enough to be fake. Marty was just "detained by North Korean guards until the captain showed up". If this were a fake story, he would have gone to jail there.

3) Marty would be unlikely to name the nightclub ("The Wave") if this story weren't true. He would have just written "a nightclub". If he were looking to falsify a nightclub, he probably would have googled one. The Wave existed from 1981-2006, so it fits within the timeframe he claims to have been there.

4) While encountering a mountain lion is scary, the story doesn't contain any drama. The mountain lion didn't approach them or act threatening, but was simply "guarding her two cubs". Like #1, this story would have been more dramatic if it were phony.

5) Too much detail to be phony. Small cafe, Napa, Bruce Willis being bald, etc. The bald part actually jumped out at me the most regarding the story being real. Marty remembers the bald thing because he recalled Bruce Willis NOT being bald in the Die Hard movies, so seeing him bald was memorable. If it were a fake memory, he wouldn't have written it up this way.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    There is something cringeworthy about #5, I mean what normal human being would ask Willis to do this.
    And knowing how Marty has acted before around "poker celebs" according to China, #5 is 100% true.

Comments

Muck Ficon: LOOL
    Slava Ukraini!

Load Metric
    I chose #4 because you don't see a cougar unless it wants you to & I don't think this would end well having a dog with you.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by adamantium View Post
    There is something cringeworthy about #5, I mean what normal human being would ask Willis to do this.
    And knowing how Marty has acted before around "poker celebs" according to China, #5 is 100% true.
    Bruce Willis is the last man in Hollywood that I would expect to tolerate that crap.

Load Metric
    I think #1 is the lie, although it is partially true...the lie part is the captain of his ship showing up to claim him:

rather the whole ship wanted to leave him with the North Koreans, but after a few hours of Marty, the North Koreans insisted (paid) the ship to take him back and delivered him on board--that's fits the Marty we all know

Comments

Muck Ficon: haha
    Last edited by GrenadaRoger; 01-11-2016 at 01:56 PM.
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    5 is a lie

no way that someone let you into a cafe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    (I'm) a little preoccupied in Thailand right now

Load Metric
    #2 has to be bullshit. The first part is believeable but climbing the bridge while drunk would likely have ended with Tyde being a plummeting rock slamming into the water below or something similar. When Marty is sauced hes usually 3X the legal limit meaning his motor coordination would be shot to hell.

Comments

tyde: wrong yet again moron

Load Metric
    3)

Ozzy Osborne has never been drunk a day in his life. Except maybe for the day he married that ugly bitch Sharon,

Platinum
    Load Metric
    None of the above

Marty is the lie

Comments

Muck Ficon: LOL

Platinum
    Load Metric
    And i call bullshit on #1.

I have never been in the military but im having a hard time wrapping my head around why there would be North Korean guards in arms reach. If anything you are encountering South Korean guards first and they would possibly detain and spank you for being so stupid to go the wrong way. I would think if you are encountering NK'S, you're straight up fucked. Also, why are you on the ship in the first place and at a PX. That is a head scratcher to me too but again the NK soldiers are the biggest red flag to me.

Comments

tyde: add this one to your long list of bad choices

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    So one of them is a lie and the rest is shit you made up?

Load Metric
    The best part about this thread will be that Tyde will never answer which one is actually the lie, lol.

Load Metric
    def #1
    Didnt you work on cruise ships, is that a cruise ship or what, looks more like a navy ship. Plus no way you can drunkenly stroll across the border into the north. surely they have border guards on south side to stop you. and if you did happen to get over there no way they wait for the captain to come collect you. wouldnt they just put you in a labor camp for 5 years

and for the absolute lock of it 'def did happen' i would go with number 2. pretty sure alot of drunk tourists climbed the bridge and in the end they decided to cash in on it and you can do guided climbing tours with professional mountaineers to this day

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom View Post
    def #1
    Didnt you work on cruise ships, is that a cruise ship or what, looks more like a navy ship. Plus no way you can drunkenly stroll across the border into the north. surely they have border guards on south side to stop you. and if you did happen to get over there no way they wait for the captain to come collect you. wouldnt they just put you in a labor camp for 5 years

and for the absolute lock of it 'def did happen' i would go with number 2. pretty sure alot of drunk tourists climbed the bridge and in the end they decided to cash in on it and you can do guided climbing tours with professional mountaineers to this day
    Yes it is a navy ship. That was the other thing that bothered me. No freakin way i could see the US military letting someone like Marty within arms reach of any of its equipment let alone wander around a military installation. But again, the strongest point imo is your not going to have armed NK's around a military installation like that. It just sounds absurd the more i think about it.

Comments

Ryback_feed_me_more: If you've paid attention to Marty's stories he did work some Merchant Marine duty besides just cruise ships

Thread Information