Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Restaurant for sale

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hutmaster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thesparten View Post

Will go.. if I can leave store. It's a 100% cash business. No cards and your talking to the delivery boy /dishwasher/back prep helper/owner/janitor.

We're is it and will u be there?
    It's in Vegas and I am going. Is this place take out / delivery only? If no POS, make sure you use numbered ticket books, make sure all tickets are accounted for and keep an exact count on boxes vs pizzas sold. The easiest way to determine if some theft is going on. The most common is a closing key holder and a driver in cahoots...take deliveries and just write info on a piece of scrap paper and split the proceeds. Buy a portion scale and mandate that cooks weigh out toppings during non-peak hours....it will get them used to using the right amount when making pies during the peak.
    Your good.. very American and very corporate..

I grew up in New York Greek dinners..

Totally the opposite, hire real workers and counter man not kids and the problematic.. and u just do it.. whether chef or grill man or counter man with the pen behind his ear yelling prices to the cashier etc etc..

The place as is , is a 3 or 4 man operation. It will go to five in 6 months....

I would pay my pizza man extra to do the right thing!! and just keep an eye in the sky and ear to the ground by the shadows.. like my boss did.

That's the way I was taught.. if I could make this place go gang busters, I would give my pizza man 10% in time so I can retire and just hang around a pick up my envelope..

I was never into the McDonald's way of doing things..

If they want pepperoni, I'll give them the fucken pepperoni(jokingly)..

I'm really more old school New yorkish. Your style is a little too corporate and middle America and sterile for me.. I'M NOT PUTTING YOU DOWN AND PLEASE KEEP IT COMMING AND I WILL P.M. YOU AS A RESOURCE. PLEASE AND THANK YOU. Your place sounds very successful..

I like my spots with a little more down to earth neighborhood character..

I have seen sons of major dinner owners branch out and try it that way we're everything is preportioned and anesthetized. They generally fail when an old school guy opens up across the street. ..

Please keep it comming , just wanted you to know what your dealing with the last of the throwbacks. There are no more after me. I'm 47. I think I'm the last one..
    It's take out, delivery and eat in. Very basic complete with Dusty pictures of base ball players on the wall with 3 video games and I'm removing a booth to put 2 more.... It's in the middle of large tenement buildings and public transportation and the majority of customers are very urban.

March would be difficult. That's only 2 months away. Couldn't leave the store for 3 days and I don't know myyworkers that we'll yet... u never know though.
    Last edited by thesparten; 01-08-2016 at 07:46 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    New York is just so different than outside new York. Here whether the bodega or the Chinese or the laundromat or the hardware store or any waiters job except corporate restaurants. We all work for cash. No check..

Whether the mechanic at the gas station or the painter and his 2 helpers. It's all cash..

I remember about 20 years ago I was in providence road island and got a job in a sandwich shop as a sandwich man. Privately owned and real sandwiches. Not subway or blimpie. The guy wanted my s.s. #. And I asked him why. He said for your check.
    I said u mean this $12 bucks an hour ain't cash. He said "u mean under the table" I said (naively) no "off the books". He said u idiot that's the same thing. I said ok., either way This jobs not worth it for $7 bucks an hour and left..
    Last edited by thesparten; 01-08-2016 at 08:07 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    It's 1.30 am..

I've poured myself a double shot of dewars to relax going to take a perc 10 and get some sleep.

The place made a whopping $880 dollars today and u spent most of my time smoking Marlborough in.The front(outside).

Couldn't stand to see Mr + Mrs dysfunctional run around like it was busy trying to do things right . As if they were going to impress me with there culinary prowess..
    That wasn't even a busy lunch in half the places I waited tables or hours gross in.my last place..

Still going to buy it. Il tell them on Sunday.. tgull was kinda right. I've seen enough.

Need a break..

P.s c money.
    I know dewars is just a $28 dollar blended whiskey but it's actually better and smoother then j.walker black..
    Not that it would mean anything...

My house bar has..
    Dewars
    Crystal head vodka.
    Jack Daniels
    Vermouth
    Johnny walker blue.
    Patron
    Southern comfort
    Last edited by thesparten; 01-08-2016 at 10:36 PM.

Silver
    Load Metric

It's in Vegas and I am going. Is this place take out / delivery only? If no POS, make sure you use numbered ticket books, make sure all tickets are accounted for and keep an exact count on boxes vs pizzas sold. The easiest way to determine if some theft is going on. The most common is a closing key holder and a driver in cahoots...take deliveries and just write info on a piece of scrap paper and split the proceeds. Buy a portion scale and mandate that cooks weigh out toppings during non-peak hours....it will get them used to using the right amount when making pies during the peak.

Totally the opposite, hire real workers and counter man not kids and the problematic.. and u just do it.. whether chef or grill man or counter man with the pen behind his ear yelling prices to the cashier etc etc..

I would pay my pizza man extra to do the right thing!! and just keep an eye in the sky and ear to the ground by the shadows.. like my boss did.

That's the way I was taught.. if I could make this place go gang busters, I would give my pizza man 10% in time so I can retire and just hang around a pick up my envelope..

I'm really more old school New yorkish. Your style is a little too corporate and middle America and sterile for me.. I'M NOT PUTTING YOU DOWN AND PLEASE KEEP IT COMMING AND I WILL P.M. YOU AS A RESOURCE. PLEASE AND THANK YOU. Your place sounds very successful..

I have seen sons of major dinner owners branch out and try it that way we're everything is preportioned and anesthetized. They generally fail when an old school guy opens up across the street. ..

Please keep it comming , just wanted you to know what your dealing with the last of the throwbacks. There are no more after me. I'm 47. I think I'm the last one..
    It's take out, delivery and eat in. Very basic complete with Dusty pictures of base ball players on the wall with 3 video games and I'm removing a booth to put 2 more.... It's in the middle of large tenement buildings and public transportation and the majority of customers are very urban.

March would be difficult. That's only 2 months away. Couldn't leave the store for 3 days and I don't know myyworkers that we'll yet... u never know though.
    Sometimes old school needs to embrace new school in order to be successful. A customer needs to be able to count on consistent quality from you and that's why you need recipes and specific portion amounts. You weigh during non peaks so you don't have to during peaks. It breeds consistency and trust in your product. You get a POS system because it builds a data base that lends to amazing marketing abilities. For example I can pull addresses of folks that haven't ordered in a specified period of time and send them a mailer with an offer to induce an order. If they don't respond I can send another mailer that sweetens the offer. It costs far less to increase the frequency of current customers than it does to win new customers. You keep close track of inventory so you know if you're leaving low hanging fruit on the vine that could be in your pocket. At the end of the week I know what my ideal food cost should be and what my actual food cost is.....I can then look at my variances and fine tune things to maximize profits. You seem to think something is wrong with a "corporate" approach and I tend to agree with you in the front of the house dealing with customers but in the BOH you need to run a business like a business and utilize all the tools available to you to maximize profits, you don't just wing it.

I have been successful, doubling my sales in the last year because I am anything but corporate or sterile. I think it is fair to say that I own the community I am in. We do more business than any of the chains and have surpassed 2 local places that have been around 20+years. We have a catering truck and if there is an event in town....pretty fair chance I am there selling pizza. We reached deals to be named the "Official" Pizza of both area high school athletic departments. I donate heavily to local non-profits. We support the local foodbank. I've started a positive ticketing program with the police department, a anti-bullying program with the local school district, we hold fundraisers 3 days a week for local groups that drive amazing sales. I am the face of the business and I am recognized all over town. We were recently named the Chamber of Commerce Business of the Year and received an Economic Vitality award from the city. I've also been written up in a national trade magazine. I locally source my produce and use other local products as much as possible. In other words, I run the BOH like we are a corporate chain but in the FOH my guest see nothing but a mom and pop operation.

Comments

4BET: Great work!

Load Metric

you are removing seats for a video game? are you fucking nuts?

you're giving up twenty dollar bills for quarters

or are you trying to squeeze another booth into a space that had one? i'm confused
    Last edited by WillieMcFML; 01-09-2016 at 01:58 AM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Sometimes old school needs to embrace new school in order to be successful. A customer needs to be able to count on consistent quality from you and that's why you need recipes and specific portion amounts. You weigh during non peaks so you don't have to during peaks. It breeds consistency and trust in your product. You get a POS system because it builds a data base that lends to amazing marketing abilities. For example I can pull addresses of folks that haven't ordered in a specified period of time and send them a mailer with an offer to induce an order. If they don't respond I can send another mailer that sweetens the offer. It costs far less to increase the frequency of current customers than it does to win new customers. You keep close track of inventory so you know if you're leaving low hanging fruit on the vine that could be in your pocket. At the end of the week I know what my ideal food cost should be and what my actual food cost is.....I can then look at my variances and fine tune things to maximize profits. You seem to think something is wrong with a "corporate" approach and I tend to agree with you in the front of the house dealing with customers but in the BOH you need to run a business like a business and utilize all the tools available to you to maximize profits, you don't just wing it.

I have been successful, doubling my sales in the last year because I am anything but corporate or sterile. I think it is fair to say that I own the community I am in. We do more business than any of the chains and have surpassed 2 local places that have been around 20+years. We have a catering truck and if there is an event in town....pretty fair chance I am there selling pizza. We reached deals to be named the "Official" Pizza of both area high school athletic departments. I donate heavily to local non-profits. We support the local foodbank. I've started a positive ticketing program with the police department, a anti-bullying program with the local school district, we hold fundraisers 3 days a week for local groups that drive amazing sales. I am the face of the business and I am recognized all over town. We were recently named the Chamber of Commerce Business of the Year and received an Economic Vitality award from the city. I've also been written up in a national trade magazine. I locally source my produce and use other local products as much as possible. In other words, I run the BOH like we are a corporate chain but in the FOH my guest see nothing but a mom and pop operation.
    Interesting stuff.

I pass by your city sometimes, BTW.

I would honestly like to visit your restaurant sometime and try it. I'll even post an honest review on PFA if you want, while of course leaving out any details that could lead to who you are.

Let me know.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Factoid: I can hit a golf ball (I crush) from my back yard to two failed pizza joints. Ones even a bowling alley/arcade/pizza joint. Every other year or so a new owner takes over, pours their soul into it and fails. As of now the bowling alley is closed down but a couple lives there and the other one is some fail thrift shop after probably five attempts to sell pizza under dif owners. The bowling alley people owe me a favor and said I can bowl whenever. No thx, it's cold as fuck in there and it'd just be weird.

Good luck Sparten, you're a gung ho mofo.
    You certainly got the passion. Hutmaster's crushing it so it's def possible

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FPS_Russia View Post
    Factoid: I can hit a golf ball (I crush) from my back yard to two failed pizza joints. Ones even a bowling alley/arcade/pizza joint. Every other year or so a new owner takes over, pours their soul into it and fails. As of now the bowling alley is closed down but a couple lives there and the other one is some fail thrift shop after probably five attempts to sell pizza under dif owners. The bowling alley people owe me a favor and said I can bowl whenever. No thx, it's cold as fuck in there and it'd just be weird.

Hutmaster is crushing it.. I'm happy for him and glad he is part of the community..

The place pays for itself, as is.. no profit and no reinvestment liquidity..

But it pays for itself. Just hope a light bulb doesn't burn out. That $1.29 would come out of my pocket.

I'm betting the river with middle pair high kicker..

Telling them Monday my lawyer is coming to the shop. 10k check from my l.l.c. and 62k in the envelope.

Going to get it over with, pinch my nose and jump.
    I hope there is enough water down there. It feels kinda high.

It is what it is.
    Last edited by thesparten; 01-09-2016 at 10:25 AM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Interesting stuff.

I pass by your city sometimes, BTW.

I would honestly like to visit your restaurant sometime and try it. I'll even post an honest review on PFA if you want, while of course leaving out any details that could lead to who you are.

Let me know.
    Would love to have you!!!

Il put your signed wsop headshot on the wall!!!

Just remember before review. The type of clients I'm dealing with and the price structure before review. If I was in Manhattan, I would go about it differently.

Just let me know.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FPS_Russia View Post

Hutmaster is crushing it.. I'm happy for him and glad he is part of the community..

The place pays for itself, as is.. no profit and no reinvestment liquidity..

But it pays for itself. Just hope a light bulb doesn't burn out. That $1.29 would come out of my pocket.

I'm betting the river with middle pair high kicker..

Telling them Monday my lawyer is coming to the shop. 10k check from my l.l.c. and 62k in the envelope.

Going to get it over with, pinch my nose and jump.
    I hope there is enough water down there. It feels kinda high.

It is what it is.
    Why are you paying so much for a place that has literally zero profit? That's basically worth liquidation value.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Sorry..

I get it now, I'm too dismissive...

If someone hasn't ordered in a while I could send them a flyer with a special invite.. smart..

I have to learn how to grow, in a lot of ways..

Your operation sound great. Corporate efficiency but keep the mom and pop ambiance.. I'M WITH U ON THAT.. don't have the reinvestment liquidity. I'm.not going to go through all my saving but micro maintain that the place pays for itself and slowly but surely have excess income over expenditure,s to reinvest.. I don't mind working 16 hours 7 days a week for free right now....

Il be the only person on official payroll right now at $8.75 an hour.
    So I have to have $500 a week in accounts.. I won't actually cash the checks but payroll services and taxes have to be there making me real tight on liquidity..

I'm changing the awning. Keeping the name with a small change.. that's almost 2k out of my pocket..

As far as getting rid of a booth. This is nit generally the place we're family come to sit and eat. It's worker bee transients and yes a baby mom with kids getting 2 slices, both cut in half with one grape drink and 2 cups.. drug dealers and gypsy cab driver who scream in Spanish from the door what they want while watching there cabs not get tickets..

I wish I could click my ruby red shoes and say "no place like, I wanna go home" but big Dick put 5inch heels on them and never returned them.

The machines are cool. There's always quarters being dropped.. 50¢ play. And no food cost or over head..
    Shit, I would make the whole place a game room and just keep a counter for pizza. One less employee and machines are "free" money..micro adjustments for now.

I got that aspca cardboard u put quarters in that actually earns me 10$ a week..(Sorry druff)..

Really look forward to hanging w u druff. Please bring signed headshot.. serious!! DO NOT BRING BRACELET. I DO NOT GTD YOUR SAFTEY.
    Last edited by thesparten; 01-09-2016 at 11:09 AM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I need to gross $700 a day to break even...

Every dollar above that is 100% in my pocket..

$150 rent
    $200 salaries
    $150 supplies
    $200 gas ,water,taxes,electricity.

Load Metric
    I think Druff was referring to hutmaster when he said he wanted to visit.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    I think Druff was referring to hutmaster when he said he wanted to visit.
    Your probably right...

Still would like to hang with druff, for a minute.

Nonetheless, open invite to druff.. signed wsop headshot, non negotiable..

In this neighborhood maybe I can get away with a joker poker machine like the old days. This hood is in a time warp.. just thinking out loud.

New yawning is 2k..
    Menus is $350, I'll go around the houses myself..
    With 'll lawyer fees, l.l.c. fees and payroll fees. Il be just over 76k.. havnt made a penny or for the foreseeable future. Wow this is so exciting.

I wanna go home, I wanna go home, I wanna go home..
    Dam, it doesn't work with Florshiem, I'll try new balance next. At least there the $180 American made one's.
    Dam, didn't work either..

Big Dick bring back my shoes without the heels.
    Last edited by thesparten; 01-09-2016 at 11:40 AM.

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    so you have to sell like 35 pizzas a day just to break even?
    How many do you sell a day now?
    Slava Ukraini!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by adamantium View Post
    so you have to sell like 35 pizzas a day just to break even?
    How many do you sell a day now?
    Honestly..

From what I have seen , not been told. That's why when buying a store front, you have to be there before actually sale..

12/22 pies..plus in house sales plus machines..

I really believe that just a spartenesq touch, more efficiency and cleanliness and upbeat mentality that sales will increase on that alone. Never mind the shit I sell will be better shit...

But like I said, .BREAK EVEN.

my payroll has increased slightly starting next week.
    Gave martini a $50 buck raise to $600 and Louie a $40 raise to $400..

Have to hire delivery boy/kitchen help guy for $50 a day plus tips..

My food cost will increase slightly. Can't fucken work.like that and sell that..

My supplies will increase. How about investing in some.bleach , pine sol and scrubbing brushes for a start. AND liquid hand soap instead of a beat up bar of Irish spring above the sinks. Let's start there.

So I'll be at a loss, my way unless the hustle and micro upgrades start attracting a little extra here and a little extra there. Build relationships and trust.

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Best of luck, sounds like its going to be hard to make more than just a little.
    But if the pizza tastes better than the competition and your shop is clean , that would be most important if I was a customer
    Slava Ukraini!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I'm kinda using this thread as a diary and sound board....

There are pictures of base ball players on the wall on paper frames and Dusty/dirty. Some covered in saran wrap??

Il replace that with Dominican and Latino players solely in nice frames and start learning and watching baseball.. it's heavily Dominican/ Latino..

Il also splash a little poker around as to reflect my personality and who knows???

If druff sends me a signed headshot. I'll put that over the register and post pics. I'm sure it will bring me druff Jew luck..

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by adamantium View Post
    Best of luck, sounds like its going to be hard to make more than just a little.
    But if the pizza tastes better than the competition and your shop is clean , that would be most important if I was a customer
    It's definitely uphill but 72k doesn't buy a lot. It does have customers that would seem busy in suberbia but in the urbon area, not so..

Tx brother!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    FUCK!!!!

my insurance is going to cost 9k..minimum 4.5k down...

$725/day minimum operation cost.

I have to put 8k from personal account to business..

Where the fuck did I put my vicaden. I need one now..
    Last edited by thesparten; 01-09-2016 at 12:46 PM.

Thread Information