This is from Daniel on 2+2:

Quote Originally Posted by DNegs
But it was a massive communications blunder. Oct 2014 the newsletter said "PokerStars is considering substantial changes to the VIP Program in 2016." That's wishy washy, and not clear, but did any of you who read that think, "This must mean we are getting even more rakeback in 2016!!!"

That doesn't excuse the error, but it clearly shows that they had this planned over a year ago. They just didn't know in what form the changes would take place. I didn't lie, and I am not lying when I say this could all have been avoided with better communication. If the statement instead said, "There will be substantial cuts to the VIP program in 2016" as well as the website, instead of showing precise 2016 numbers for SNE players, simply said, "TBD."

If those two things happened correctly, then this wouldn't even be an issue at all. So yes, that is a communications blunder. A very big one and a lot of players got screwed as a result. A lot of players are rightfully pissed as a result.

Also, he had this exchange with active 2+2er "ChoakMyDee":

Quote Originally Posted by ChoakMyDee
I'm glad you brought this up. Let me help you....

1. You lied when you said your integrity is not for sale.

2. You lied when you wrote in your blog that it was Baazov's idea to delay the VIP changes for 1 year. It is very obvious that you rewrote history when you said that. You were told that. You know it isn't true, yet you parroted it.

Amaya has deceived and stolen from the players. They will not budge and will not change their mind. Yet, you want us to try to work together with them and have meetings in the future? FFS Daniel, why?
Quote Originally Posted by DNegs"
1. That is not a lie. It isn't for sale. I have plenty of money already and my reasoning for staying with the company has absolutely nothing to do with a paycheck.

2. How is that a lie? It was confirmed by several sources that it happened just like that. Sure, it's possible that they are all lying to me, but how does that make me writing that a lie?

As for your last point, because the site is going forward and you are probably going to be playing on it. The games will continue to run, and if you plan on continuing to give action to the site than you might as well have added communication, no?

Honestly, Negreanu is just making himself look like a fool at this point.

I respect that he tried to help the players here (he didn't have to), but he needs to quit with the backpedaling and story-changing.

He stupidly told people that his resignation was on the table if things didn't change, and then he didn't resign when the changes didn't happen. I don't blame him for not resigning, but he put himself in this spot now where he looks like a phony.

Instead of defending Stars' actions, he should have just left it with, "I'm sorry, guys. I agree with you fully, but I tried my best, and Stars management saw it a different way. As Stars has a very good track record with how they treat their players, I have decided to stay with them despite this, provided that they improve their communication going forward."

Still would have left a lot of people angry, but a lot LESS angry than his recent claims that the whole thing was a "miscommunication" and that he's not staying for money.

OF COURSE he's staying for money. Why else would he be a Pokerstars site pro? Money is the reason anyone signs on to a position like that, so his refusal to leave is obviously tied to money. I guarantee he would have resigned if it was a voluntary, unpaid position.

Again, I like Daniel, and I think he believed what he wrote when he messaged people in early November that he might quit if this doesn't get resolved, but he put himself in a bad spot saying something like that, and now he's handling the fallout poorly.