Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trip Report : Peru

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmProfessionalTalk View Post
    Altitude sickness is a real son of a bitch. I had my first experience with it while in Peru riding the 2nd highest train in the world, from Lima to Huancayo. The misery only gets worse until you take the miracle cure of descending in altitude. Now I'm overly cautious and try to avoid going anywhere above 6000 feet.

I live in Colorado. My house is at 6800 feet with a view of Pikes Peak (14,114) to the south...it does take some getting use to. people that visit on trips shorter than 2 weeks don't get use to it...caution should be taken drinking alcohol at elevation as well a few beers can feel like a case...

Load Metric
    how much coke did you do?

Comments

chinamaniac: beat me to it

Load Metric
    Lima was my second choice for where to go to get suits made. One can live very, very well there on very, very little.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Superb trip report nutty. My kind of holiday, very envious... Would go tomorrow if circumstance allowed.

How did you plan the logistics for your time there. Was it through tips from friends or travel sites such as Lonely Planet?

Which airline did you use. Presume flying out of Heathrow via Madrid was a transit job and not two separate bookings?.. What was the total price of those flights?

Forgetting about your girlfriend's sister and the cousin. What was the total spend for you and your girl?

Peru is the home of coke and always wondered what the quality would be like when buying from a random like you did with the weed... Could you shed any light on that, or did you speak to anybody over there who could?

Oh and crucially get the Transylvania report shipped asap.
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I think peru is one of those countries we dispose of our radioactive wast for 5$ a barrel..

Or we could invade them and put it thete for free.. why spend 5$ on the natives..

Comments

jsearles22: :noose

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    Superb trip report nutty. My kind of holiday, very envious... Would go tomorrow if circumstance allowed.

How did you plan the logistics for your time there. Was it through tips from friends or travel sites such as Lonely Planet?

Which airline did you use. Presume flying out of Heathrow via Madrid was a transit job and not two separate bookings?.. What was the total price of those flights?

Forgetting about your girlfriend's sister and the cousin. What was the total spend for you and your girl?

Peru is the home of coke and always wondered what the quality would be like when buying from a random like you did with the weed... Could you shed any light on that, or did you speak to anybody over there who could?

Oh and crucially get the Transylvania report shipped asap.

Logistically it was more or less all arranged by girlfriend. We pre booked flights out there at about $ 700 each and flew using BA and a spanish one world aircraft. Flights booked were to Peru and back inclduing the transfer in Madrid.

She basically reads quite a lot of travel information and built the itinery herself so she should get all the credit. She reserved the 1st accomodation which we paid for on arrival and then every other place was booked the night before leaving from booking.com where we got absolute bargains in doing so.

I would guess i spent about $1800 in total for the whole holiday.

With regards the coke we could have scored from the same guy who we got the weed from but declined. It would have been about $30/ gram and no doubt was excellent, we passed as my girlfriend and sister do not do any drugs and i myself havent touched for a couple of years. I was curious to try but had a feeling it could detract from my holiday.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Bonus Pics

Butterfly feeding in a butterfly sanctuary which was on one of the hikes

Name:  IMAG0369.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  1.23 MB
    Name:  IMAG0380.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  649.2 KB

It's a dogs life! There are 6 million stray dogs in Peru

Name:  IMAG0373.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  1.10 MB

Another view of Lake Titikaka

Name:  IMAG0387.jpg
Views: 356
Size:  1.07 MB

Inka site. These people wanted a photo in particular with myself as they were impressed by my height.
    Name:  IMG-20150909-WA0000.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  570.5 KB

Silver
    Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Did you consider doing Ayahuasca?

Thread Information