Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Series That Will Save Sonatine's TV

Load Metric

The Series That Will Save Sonatine's TV

NARCOS on Netflix Aug 28

I’m basing this theory on watching these 2 series’. I’d recommend both, but they are in Spanish.

This the story of Pablo Escobar.
    Fascinating story. You try to like him, but you can't.

Name:  En la boca del lobo 2.PNG
Views: 886
Size:  703.3 KB
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escoba...C3%B3n_del_Mal

Narcos is like the American version of this, per Huffington Post.

Netflix's 'Narcos' Series On Pablo Escobar 'Will Be Like Nothing Ever Seen Before'
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5087063.html

This is the best series I’ve ever seen.
    It is through the eyes of the guy who flipped and took down the Cali Cartel. 80 episodes, each one ends w/ a cliff hanger.
    1st 40 episodes cover the war w/the Medellin Cartel. So its like the one I watched just the other side.

Name:  En la boca del lobo.PNG
Views: 1265
Size:  1.03 MB
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/En_la_boca_del_lobo

This mob boss; Guy has 3 (ex/current) wives on a rotation, 2 are former Miss Colombia contestants.
    Owned a soccer team, (if you saw that 30/30 ‘The 2 Escobars’, he was one of those guys.)
    They were more like the Kennedys or Rockafellers, where Escobar was like Al Capone. The kids were in the society pages. They were bankers and lawyers. Captains of industry and took advantage, like they owned the phone company, so they produced them so they could tap any phone in the region.

The women are unreal in both shows. The one from Modern Family wouldn’t even stick out.

[img]https://38.media.tumblr.com/4b5abf877153c19ee1c771e08d10cf75/tumblr_ml8ifxRd4P1ryihyyo1_500.gif[img]
    EDIT: My Ed Norton Curb Stomping Gif isn't working.

Comments

Crowe Diddly: This looks awesome rep

MumblesBadly: Good recommendation rep

Muck Ficon: Did you ever get your crab meat how you wanted it? LOL
    San Francisco crowned the ‘world’s best’ city to live: survey
    https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...o-live-survey/

Load Metric
    im locked and loaded to be disappointed with this, i literally checked netflix last week just in case they leaked early.

Comments

lewfather: Rofl
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Is there any series that went downhill faster than Orphan Black?

1st Season: 8.5/10
    2nd Season: 6/10
    3rd Season: 1/10
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83
    I'm going to come across as a bit of a douche but I really know more about this then anyone on this board by miles.

...if Trump is nominee he wins Presidency easily. Angry Blue Collar Whites will have record turnout.

Load Metric
    100% agreed re OB.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    I haven't even watched Orphan Black now. I was it's biggest fan and don't care at all now. Maybe one day I will finish it but doubtful.

Load Metric
    I really tried with OB. And then I saw that season finale dance scene.

And now when people mention OB in real life I just shrug like Ive never heard of it.

Comments

ThreeBet: LOL

Load Metric
    I watched the first episode of S3 and it was one of the worst things I have ever seen.
    I'm going to come across as a bit of a douche but I really know more about this then anyone on this board by miles.

...if Trump is nominee he wins Presidency easily. Angry Blue Collar Whites will have record turnout.

Load Metric
    Last few episodes of Mr Robot have been god.

Load Metric

Load Metric
    I love Mr Robot but Im having trouble liking Mr Robot, primarily because a) the writing for its female characters is appalling superbad across the board, and b) because its so obviously jacking Fight Club that they have to make a coquettish nod to it with the Pixies song at the end of the last episode.

Its still probably the best thing Ive ever seen on TV and I actually kind of respect that they were like "Yeah its the plot to Fight Club, so the fuck what", but its still the plot to Fight Club.

Load Metric
    I also feel like they roped me in using pitch-perfect tradecraft for like 5 episodes then just kind of dumped that whole vein to focus more on Elliot's feels. And its not like I have a problem with Elliot's feels, I just feel like its evolved beyond the exact thing that put the hooks in me.

So yeah, its a bit on the uneven side. Not a mortal sin but its disconcerting.

Lastly the whole '8 minutes of show with a 3 minute commercial break' deal is downright predatory. Im really tempted to cut cable and just fuck with HBO streaming and netflix and download torrents with the commercials removed for everything else.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

Lastly the whole '8 minutes of show with a 3 minute commercial break' deal is downright predatory. Im really tempted to cut cable and just fuck with HBO streaming and netflix and download torrents with the commercials removed for everything else.
    Best reasons for not cutting the cable were if you watched a lot sports, nature shows, history shows or random documentaries. Out of those i mostly just watched nature shows when i was hungover and i gave up on that when i hit back-to-back clips of a lizard shooting blood from his eye and whales killing seals for funsies by body slamming the water next to the shore.

For serialized dramas/comedies and movies there almost no need for cable. There's a really small chance that you might miss something good that would never hit your radar otherwise but it's acceptable when you get to skip most of the noise and commercials.

Name:  63971_1_1280x720_640x360_177593923639.jpg
Views: 547
Size:  29.9 KB

Comments

sonatine: cosigned, cosigned, and cosigned

Kuntmissioner: four years+ without cable or a television set, so much less noise in my life/ I don't miss it for a second

Load Metric
    I share some of your concerns with Mr Robot. It definitely has its flaws, and there is always a scene per episode where either the acting or writing makes me cringe a little, but I love the whole atmosphere of the show. And yeah that music at the end of the episode was like yeah we stole it, deal with it.

Load Metric
    Also, no spoiler tags tine?

and I definitely watch this shit torrented + commercial-free

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrigan View Post
    Also, no spoiler tags tine?

I dont really do the spoiler tag thing if its about a show thats aired, unless its a theory discussion or a fairly obscure show that people simply might not be getting into yet.

That said.. If its a leaked ep, I spoiler tag. If we are talking about shit heard on a rumors site, I spoiler tag. Reveals from the book its based on? Spoiler tag.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrigan View Post
    Is there any series that went downhill faster than Orphan Black?

1st Season: 8.5/10
    2nd Season: 6/10
    3rd Season: 1/10

This series turned to shit immediately after season 1.

Load Metric
    Im pretty proud of having never watched an episode of Heroes in my life.

Comments

Corrigan: seconded

OSA: sorry

ToasterOven: no heroes club

Load Metric
    5 eps of Narcos released - Streams: http://videobull.to/tv-shows/narcos/

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    I think the entire series is on netflix

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    I think the entire series is on netflix