Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RE: Free Burger for not putting the cheese on the side???

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    P.s.. I was once scolded by the soup nazi and took it as a privilege.. In my place my wealthy, highly educated or/famouse custermers (upper east side) come in too see what kind of mood I'm in and love to argue with me. Its the schtick of the place but only works because deep down they know theres validity to what I'm saying or how I'm running the place..

But they know one thing.. I take my job seriously, demand to be compensated and in return get them out fast with fresh, real!! Hot food at a tremendous value.. Anything else they tell me is bull shit and I let them know..

Comments

MumblesBadly: Brilliant! Your diner is the anti-chain establishment. And it sells!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesparten View Post
    [lQUOTE=anonamoose;459259]

It's funny you tried to write a dissertation on this. It's not extra to put cheese on the side you rube.

Let's break down the steps of both scenarios:

1. Put cheese on burger
    2. Cook burger
    3. Put burger together on bun with lettuce and whatever
    4. Put burger on plate

1. Cook burger
    2. Put burger on bun with lettuce and whatever
    3. Put burger on plate
    4. Put cheese on plate

Is this really that hard to fucking understand? In both cases you're still picking up the cheese and putting it on something. What the fuck does it matter what you put it on? Just put it on the fucking plate you dimwit, or is that too mentally challenging for you?
    U just showed ur ignorence..

Let someone go to your job and say thing, tell a truck driver or a lawyer or a constructin worker or a paralegal the same reasoning you just gave me..ITS THE SAME THING.. No its not..

Go to McDonalds or a five star and say that also..

Or are you the type that comes into a mom a pips and course u spent 10 dollars u expect everyone to kiss ur ass..

Like I said go to other restaurants and professions and explain YOUR logic to the when they say no or charge extra..

Kitchen operations are a flow and a system if I slow it down 10 seconds for u and 50 other customers who think like you I would let my hourly gross drop..

It would cost me more in packaging to go or if its on a side plate, more dishwashing never mind it's more labor intensive "whether u have an understanding of that or not" and slow down my kitchen..

Like I said, your free to express your opinions to another food establishment and see what happens.
    8/10 come back. The other 2, I'm glad we got rid off them..

My friend owns a pizzaria, he gives u a large(not Domino's large) a real large pizza for 16$ but he charges for papper plates and forks and extra packaging.. The people complain. His doe is home made, the souce is home made from crates of tomatoes and olive oil and never mind simmering it for hours its not just labor its a skill and a trade he should be compensated for..

All the custermers that walked out and went to pizza hut and olive garden across the street... Came back..where else is a family to eat real food for under 30$..if he needs to keep the prices low and the food real(not pre manufactured) he charges for all the extra cups and this and that the custermers feel they should have../QUOTE]

You literally lose no time. I've been in the service industry. I know people like you that are incapable of understanding what is or isn't a time sink. Putting cheese on the side is not a time sink. People like you are the leeches that try to justify what you do as important or difficult. You're a fucking burger cook not a fucking lawyer or engineer. Putting cheese on the side requires exactly the same amount of time and same amount of movement.

People like you take 5 minutes to do a 30s job because you feel like you need justification in your job so you sacrifice efficient for job security and waste time on menial tasks because you think anything from the norm is an excuse to show off. It's a fucking piece of cheese you simpleton.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Good point, but a bit unaware of the ethos of being a "New Yorka"

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by anonamoose View Post

U just showed ur ignorence..

Let someone go to your job and say thing, tell a truck driver or a lawyer or a constructin worker or a paralegal the same reasoning you just gave me..ITS THE SAME THING.. No its not..

Go to McDonalds or a five star and say that also..

Or are you the type that comes into a mom a pips and course u spent 10 dollars u expect everyone to kiss ur ass..

Like I said go to other restaurants and professions and explain YOUR logic to the when they say no or charge extra..

Kitchen operations are a flow and a system if I slow it down 10 seconds for u and 50 other customers who think like you I would let my hourly gross drop..

It would cost me more in packaging to go or if its on a side plate, more dishwashing never mind it's more labor intensive "whether u have an understanding of that or not" and slow down my kitchen..

Like I said, your free to express your opinions to another food establishment and see what happens.
    8/10 come back. The other 2, I'm glad we got rid off them..

My friend owns a pizzaria, he gives u a large(not Domino's large) a real large pizza for 16$ but he charges for papper plates and forks and extra packaging.. The people complain. His doe is home made, the souce is home made from crates of tomatoes and olive oil and never mind simmering it for hours its not just labor its a skill and a trade he should be compensated for..

All the custermers that walked out and went to pizza hut and olive garden across the street... Came back..where else is a family to eat real food for under 30$..if he needs to keep the prices low and the food real(not pre manufactured) he charges for all the extra cups and this and that the custermers feel they should have../QUOTE]

You literally lose no time. I've been in the service industry. I know people like you that are incapable of understanding what is or isn't a time sink. Putting cheese on the side is not a time sink. People like you are the leeches that try to justify what you do as important or difficult. You're a fucking burger cook not a fucking lawyer or engineer. Putting cheese on the side requires exactly the same amount of time and same amount of movement.

People like you take 5 minutes to do a 30s job because you feel like you need justification in your job so you sacrifice efficient for job security and waste time on menial tasks because you think anything from the norm is an excuse to show off. It's a fucking piece of cheese you simpleton.
    And thus my case was made.........

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Don't bother with anonamoose, the autism is too strong!

Comments

thesparten: lol

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    TheSparten, I can't dis agree of what you wrote in your post but weren't you washing dishes or cooking like six months ago?

PFA transformed him into Anthony Bourdain or some shit.

He may be the one and only posters whose life has ever gotten better after posting here.
    I wash dishes every day brother..
    Perhaps if you weren't such a typical New York City prick towards your customers and placated them a little, your business would have grown more over the years to the point were you could hire someone (even under the table) to do this work for you. (Just sayin')
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

I wash dishes every day brother..
    Perhaps if you weren't such a typical New York City prick towards your customers and placated them a little, your business would have grown more over the years to the point were you could hire someone (even under the table) to do this work for you. (Just sayin')
    U don't win placating your custermers. Think a dining room full of druffs with coupons and tomatoes on the side. Fuggedaboutit.. Close the doors..

U win by giving value and REAL food.. If that's not good enouph go some where else..

I'm confident in what I provide and what I charge for it anything else is bullshit.. Then pay the extra dollar for the side of cheese..

If a customer thinks its not worth it. He is the nit not me..they are not a supporter of my establishment there a taker .just pay the dollar..let a whole bunch of druffs go to your establishment... Good luck..

For what I give and the prices I charge the only thing a customer has to say is thank you..

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

U don't win placating your custermers. Think a dining room full of druffs with coupons and tomatoes on the side. Fuggedaboutit.. Close the doors..

U win by giving value and REAL food.. If that's not good enouph go some where else..

I'm confident in what I provide and what I charge for it anything else is bullshit.. Then pay the extra dollar for the side of cheese..

If a customer thinks its not worth it. He is the nit not me..they are not a supporter of my establishment there a taker .just pay the dollar..let a whole bunch of druffs go to your establishment... Good luck..

For what I give and the prices I charge the only thing a customer has to say is thank you..
    And P.s

A good owner/operated has his hands in everything.. We get slammed for breakfast and lunch and weekends are non stop. The average rent on my block is 30k/40k a month. We're on an old lease..the commercial rates on electricity and water almost hits 10k a month. The liquer licesnce is 15k a year the lawyers and bookeepers for all the regulations is another 3k month. Never mind every time they find a cigarette butt on my sidewalk its 250$.payroll taxes are 12k month..

The board of health will come in twice a year and get you for 8k.. And WE have an" A" rating. ..

If the custermers don't want to pay the extra dollar and it is more packaging and labor intensive. Packaging cost a lot of money...after all we go through if they don't want to pay the dollar...FUCK THEM...

Think of going through that and have a dinning room full of druffs with coupons and tomatoes on the side. Space is limited and expensive. Better to throw them out and get some real custermers..
    Last edited by thesparten; 08-05-2015 at 04:37 PM.

Load Metric

And P.s

A good owner/operated has his hands in everything.. We get slammed for breakfast and lunch and weekends are non stop. The average rent on my block is 30k/40k a month. We're on an old lease..the commercial rates on electricity and water almost hits 10k a month. The liquer licesnce is 15k a year the lawyers and bookeepers for all the regulations is another 3k month. Never mind every time they find a cigarette butt on my sidewalk its 250$.payroll taxes are 12k month..

The board of health will come in twice a year and get you for 8k.. And WE have an" A" rating. ..

If the custermers don't want to pay the extra dollar and it is more packaging and labor intensive. Packaging cost a lot of money...after all we go through if they don't want to pay the dollar...FUCK THEM...

Think of going through that and have a dinning room full of druffs with coupons and tomatoes on the side. Space is limited and expensive. Better to throw them out and get some real custermers..
    it's a fucking piece of cheese get over yourself.

Load Metric
    I don't really think asking for cheese on the side is "nickel and diming." Anyone who says different is just an incompetent idiot. Is it really so hard to put cheese on a plate vs putting it on top of a burger and grilling it? Some people like their cheese cold instead of melted and cooked. Not really a big deal. Just fucking do it.
    Wealthy people and govt workers with Milly pension, s come to dinners thinking they just spent 10 dollar s and weren't given "enough value" when 6$ of that 10 is food cost..lol

Let a 100 people a day go to your job and ask for just ask for 1 more thing that actually cost u time and money....

U will either go out of business or work a lot harder then u have to..
    Somethings wrong with these numbers. Are you telling me that your gross markup is only 67% (($10-$6)/$6)? That seems very low. It sounds like your prices are too low, (or the Mafia is excessively jacking up the price of the food you buy).
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Wealthy people and govt workers with Milly pension, s come to dinners thinking they just spent 10 dollar s and weren't given "enough value" when 6$ of that 10 is food cost..lol

Let a 100 people a day go to your job and ask for just ask for 1 more thing that actually cost u time and money....

Somethings wrong with these numbers. Are you telling me that your gross markup is only 67% (($10-$6)/$6)? That seems very low. It sounds like your prices are too low, (or the Mafia is excessively jacking up the price of the food you buy).
    I was including labor costs.........

How come no comment on the post with my bills..

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

And P.s

it's a fucking piece of cheese get over yourself.
    Charging for extra items or for doing things "offf the menu" are the only way u stay in business. Not the other way around...

If u don't want to spend the extra dollar, go somewhere else. We're happy to get rid off you and happy to see you taking a table at the competition..

Would love to send 20x druffs a day to my competition with coupons and tomatoes on the side..

Load Metric

There is an old saw: label your employees A to Z. Get rid of your Z's.

In the service business the same applies. Given Sparten's location there exist those customers who have more money than time. They want to be treated well and consistently. The coupon clippers need to be politely dissuaded from returning. It's that simple.

I have actually chatted with Sparten about business and poker and stuff. What makes Sparten unique is that he is a straight shooter. I mean this guy is absolutely unfiltered. He doesn't worry for one second what you might think about what he is about to say. He puts it out there.

I don't always agree and sometimes I am laughing along with the rest of PFA at his posts but he completely lacks the bullshit gene. An endangered species.

He knows how to run a business and I give Sparten an A too.

So we run a health club and market to the high end. You can buy family memberships for a fixed price.

Today I am grabbing coffee at 10:00am as is my habit. I see this girl for the second time in as many days at the computerized coffee machine. (Thing offers 6 different coffees ground on demand.). The girl is 20-23, 6'2" tan and blonde. I am thinking she is one of our life guards. I make some comment about a tennis match going on and she doesn't respond.

I grab my coffee from the machine and she moves in. She stares at the screen and asks what's good. She has an accent. Wow. For an instant I am once again the god I always see in the mirror. She is flirting with me.

She points at the screen. "What is decaf?" She honestly has no clue.

OMG I have stumbled upon the mythical Swedish au pair. This chick is on a visa watching some rich family's kids looking for adventure in the USA. She's working out under the families membership.

This is an "A" customer.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 08-05-2015 at 07:00 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

In the service business the same applies. Given Sparten's location there exist those customers who have more money than time. They want to be treated well and consistently. The coupon clippers need to be politely dissuaded from returning. It's that simple.

I have actually chatted with Sparten about business and poker and stuff. What makes Sparten unique is that he is a straight shooter. I mean this guy is absolutely unfiltered. He doesn't worry for one second what you might think about what he is about to say. He puts it out there.

I don't always agree and sometimes I am laughing along with the rest of PFA at his posts but he completely lacks the bullshit gene. An endangered species.

So we run a health club and market to the high end. You can buy family memberships for a fixed price.

Today I am grabbing coffee at 10:00am as is my habit. I see this girl for the second time in as many days at the computerized coffee machine. (Thing offers 6 different coffees ground on demand.). The girl is 20-23, 6'2" tan and blonde. I am thinking she is one of our life guards. I make some comment about a tennis match going on and she doesn't respond.

I grab my coffee from the machine and she moves in. She stares at the screen and asks what's good. She has an accent. Wow. For an instant I am once again the god I always see in the mirror. She is flirting with me.

She points at the screen. "What is decaf?"

OMG I have stumbled upon the mythical Swedish au pair. This chick is on a visa watching some rich family's kids looking for adventure in the USA. She's working out under the families membership.

This is an "A" customer.
    Sanlamar, I too have enjoyed our chats...

U got it sooo right..but once again with greater depth and efficiently..

I've seen many au pairs.. It's the lottery ticket dude..

If an American chick looked and acted like them we wouldn't have a chance but those that come over love regular joes with a good brain.. U cant lose..

Load Metric
    Not had a burger, curry or a pint in 3 months and this thread is making me wet.

Had insane cravings for several double cheeseburgers since texas-tool put this up.

It's like he fucking knew.

Load Metric

She points at the screen. "What is decaf?"

This is an "A" customer.

If an American chick looked and acted like them we wouldn't have a chance but those that come over love regular joes with a good brain.. U cant lose..
    I did a quick edit you missed.

She legitimately had no fucking clue. I am twice her age so it's a catch and release program. I am infinitely more interested in the middle aged tanned tennis playing milfs.

My greatest line. "I have been watching your game lately and it's really coming along. If I can offer one suggestion it would be: work on your trash talk".

I own their soul every time.

Problem is I like my stuff and the wife works with me. She is smarter than me and knows every single thing that goes on.

For 5 minutes today I didn't hate my life. I'll book the small win.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

I did a quick edit you missed.

She legitimately had no fucking clue. I am twice her age so it's a catch and release program. I am infinitely more interested in the middle aged tanned tennis playing milfs.

My greatest line. "I have been watching your game lately and it's really coming along. If I can offer one suggestion it would be: work on your trash talk".

I own their soul every time.

Problem is I like my stuff and the wife works with me. She is smarter than me and knows every single thing that goes on.

For 5 minutes today I didn't hate my life. I'll book the small win.
    Brother please believe me, your in. Take her to n.y.c. u can crash at my pad, I got the room..

Banned
    Load Metric
    i think we need to hit up gordon ramsey and the kitchen nightmare crew for sparten

Name:  d74886d6118bcdc355ba4b55fbb8a4a2170b5654571f63f5565658e772c9c1d5.jpg
Views: 538
Size:  32.3 KB

Comments

4Dragons: amys baking is god

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric

It actually is...

More labor, packaging and slows down the kitchen..

Ask McDonald's or a 5 star to do it.

People who are nits don't get it.. When people come to dinners and coffee shops ,,that think THAT! All there EXTRA needs aren't much effort but refuse to pay for it.. Multiply that by 500x a day and the kitchen would get stuck or work themselves to death for nits who refuse to compensate for extra labor..

Let every custermers go to your job and do that..

Just because u bought a burger doesn't mean I got to stand there for an hour as u describe it..

I'm sure McDonald's will do it for a 3 dollar big Mac or a 5star will do it for a 24$ sirloin burger.. OOOP,S THEY WONT..

Dinners and coffee shops already give you the greatest value when dinning out.. If that's not enough time and labor and investment for u for a 7oz fresh ground round hamburger THEN pay the extra dollar for cheese on the side!! Or go somewhere else that will kiss your ass for a dollar..

Ooops they don't exist and if they did "I" don't want to eat there.

It's funny you tried to write a dissertation on this. It's not extra to put cheese on the side you rube.

1. Put cheese on burger
    2. Cook burger
    4. Put burger on plate

1. Cook burger
    3. Put burger on plate
    4. Put cheese on plate

Is this really that hard to fucking understand? In both cases you're still picking up the cheese and putting it on something. What the fuck does it matter what you put it on? Just put it on the fucking plate you dimwit, or is that too mentally challenging for you?
    Are you this big of an asshole in real life or is this just your gimmick?

Either way you've become a dull, loathsome twat who brings nothing to the forum except needless derision and fake tough talk.

Do us all a favor and go back to scamming people into buying your horrible poker lessons you insufferable King deuce boor.

Comments

RegGaymer: anonamoose is a loathesome twat rep

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

1. Put cheese on burger
    2. Cook burger
    4. Put burger on plate

1. Cook burger
    3. Put burger on plate
    4. Put cheese on plate

Are you this big of an asshole in real life or is this just your gimmick?

Either way you've become a dull, loathsome twat who brings nothing to the forum except needless derision and fake tough talk.

Do us all a favor and go back to scamming people into buying your horrible poker lessons you insufferable King deuce boor.
    Sorry, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings burger flipper.

Truth sucks sometimes. Maybe you should learn how to be more efficient with your time than contemplating how difficult it is to put cheese on a plate.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

It actually is...

More labor, packaging and slows down the kitchen..

Ask McDonald's or a 5 star to do it.

People who are nits don't get it.. When people come to dinners and coffee shops ,,that think THAT! All there EXTRA needs aren't much effort but refuse to pay for it.. Multiply that by 500x a day and the kitchen would get stuck or work themselves to death for nits who refuse to compensate for extra labor..

Let every custermers go to your job and do that..

Just because u bought a burger doesn't mean I got to stand there for an hour as u describe it..

I'm sure McDonald's will do it for a 3 dollar big Mac or a 5star will do it for a 24$ sirloin burger.. OOOP,S THEY WONT..

Dinners and coffee shops already give you the greatest value when dinning out.. If that's not enough time and labor and investment for u for a 7oz fresh ground round hamburger THEN pay the extra dollar for cheese on the side!! Or go somewhere else that will kiss your ass for a dollar..

Ooops they don't exist and if they did "I" don't want to eat there.

1. Put cheese on burger
    2. Cook burger
    4. Put burger on plate

1. Cook burger
    3. Put burger on plate
    4. Put cheese on plate

Looks like a dissertation to me. Not a stretch to think the Mouse was at one time trying to climb the corporate ladder at McDonalds
    setting those teens and special needs workers straight. Had to flee to China for who knows how many underage violations.

Thread Information