Hey, Druff!

Great shows, despite the technical problems, but how in the hell did you get a free burger out of this? (Just because you ordered your cheese on the side and it came on the burger.) Did you argue, raise your voice, whine, etc? How do you get all of this free stuff and how long did it take? Did you order the cheese on the side knowing it would cause a problem much of the time?

I had a complaint recently that I thought deserved some compensation. I'm an American truck driver and I stop at a particular truck stop in Calgary, Alberta sometimes. I had to take a day off there and there was a motel attached to the truck stop. I have always just paid for a shower and not a motel room because they have Wi-Fi all the way out to the parking lot and my internet plan is crazy expensive in Canada. Well, the Wi-Fi was so-so and I thought I would have a much better signal if I just stayed in the motel.

Turns out the Wi-Fi was going off and on due to a router problem and the attendant had to reset it every hour or so to keep it going. The router was located in the main office which was locked at 11 pm, therefore it was no longer accessible by the attendant. I was driving nights and sleeping days and the only reason I got a motel room was for this Wi-Fi. I was up until 5 am with absolutely no internet. I was so pissed, but the manager the next day said there was nothing they could do about it since the internet is free for everyone at the truck stop, not just the motel guests. Of course they advertise "Free Wi-Fi" on their web site, but I couldn't get anything out of the guy. I'll try emailing their main office (it's a franchise) and see what happens.

Any advice on what to tell them?

Thanks!