Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RE: Free Burger for not putting the cheese on the side???

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric

RE: Free Burger for not putting the cheese on the side???

Hey, Druff!

Great shows, despite the technical problems, but how in the hell did you get a free burger out of this? (Just because you ordered your cheese on the side and it came on the burger.) Did you argue, raise your voice, whine, etc? How do you get all of this free stuff and how long did it take? Did you order the cheese on the side knowing it would cause a problem much of the time?

I had a complaint recently that I thought deserved some compensation. I'm an American truck driver and I stop at a particular truck stop in Calgary, Alberta sometimes. I had to take a day off there and there was a motel attached to the truck stop. I have always just paid for a shower and not a motel room because they have Wi-Fi all the way out to the parking lot and my internet plan is crazy expensive in Canada. Well, the Wi-Fi was so-so and I thought I would have a much better signal if I just stayed in the motel.

Turns out the Wi-Fi was going off and on due to a router problem and the attendant had to reset it every hour or so to keep it going. The router was located in the main office which was locked at 11 pm, therefore it was no longer accessible by the attendant. I was driving nights and sleeping days and the only reason I got a motel room was for this Wi-Fi. I was up until 5 am with absolutely no internet. I was so pissed, but the manager the next day said there was nothing they could do about it since the internet is free for everyone at the truck stop, not just the motel guests. Of course they advertise "Free Wi-Fi" on their web site, but I couldn't get anything out of the guy. I'll try emailing their main office (it's a franchise) and see what happens.

Any advice on what to tell them?

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasFugitive View Post
    Hey, Druff!

Great shows, despite the technical problems, but how in the hell did you get a free burger out of this? (Just because you ordered your cheese on the side and it came on the burger.) Did you argue, raise your voice, whine, etc? How do you get all of this free stuff and how long did it take? Did you order the cheese on the side knowing it would cause a problem much of the time?

I had a complaint recently that I thought deserved some compensation. I'm an American truck driver and I stop at a particular truck stop in Calgary, Alberta sometimes. I had to take a day off there and there was a motel attached to the truck stop. I have always just paid for a shower and not a motel room because they have Wi-Fi all the way out to the parking lot and my internet plan is crazy expensive in Canada. Well, the Wi-Fi was so-so and I thought I would have a much better signal if I just stayed in the motel.

Turns out the Wi-Fi was going off and on due to a router problem and the attendant had to reset it every hour or so to keep it going. The router was located in the main office which was locked at 11 pm, therefore it was no longer accessible by the attendant. I was driving nights and sleeping days and the only reason I got a motel room was for this Wi-Fi. I was up until 5 am with absolutely no internet. I was so pissed, but the manager the next day said there was nothing they could do about it since the internet is free for everyone at the truck stop, not just the motel guests. Of course they advertise "Free Wi-Fi" on their web site, but I couldn't get anything out of the guy. I'll try emailing their main office (it's a franchise) and see what happens.

Thanks!
    Giving free burgers when something is messed up is very common. You usually don't have to complain much to make that happen. They give you a coupon for a free one next time.

Regarding your Wifi situation, I agree that was shitty, and you should have gotten something off the room for that. Unfortunately, franchises are notoriously cheap with customer service comps, especially once they already have your money. I would try calling the national hotline, not e-mailing. E-mail complaints usually get ignored, or you simply receive a form letter back.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    OK, thanks!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I would just refuse to serve you guys and politly ask you too leave...

You never win with custermers who there sole INTENT is to try look for every "mistake" and then demand free goods and services, lol...

No business can survive with a policy like that or attracting customers like that..

As far as the cheese on the side, I refuse to do that..

I would charge you for a hamburger and a side of cheese..

Let someone go to your business and for every percieved micro mistake demand free goods. Lol..

As far as wifi, il try to reset it, IF i have the time and just state its probably down for the day..if a table of nits wants to get in some prolonged discusion, il just walk away from the table.

I love new York..I hate white trash and money doesn't buy class..

P s. I've been in the restaurant business over 2 decades and am co owner of a coffee shop in new York..

Comments

Serial Fail: The way to handle shit

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Hey, Druff!

Thanks!
    Giving free burgers when something is messed up is very common. You usually don't have to complain much to make that happen. They give you a coupon for a free one next time.

Regarding your Wifi situation, I agree that was shitty, and you should have gotten something off the room for that. Unfortunately, franchises are notoriously cheap with customer service comps, especially once they already have your money. I would try calling the national hotline, not e-mailing. E-mail complaints usually get ignored, or you simply receive a form letter back.
    Im sure Druff handled his issue with the eloquence of queen Elizabeth.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I have worked in various subshops and restaurants and the one request we got once in a while was pickles on the side or make an entree or sub / sandwich with bread on the side or carb less meals but I have never seen a tomato on the side order but I don't think it is that out of the ordinary.

But what's up with the cheese on the side of a burger. I have cooked countless burgers over the years or meals that have had cheese in them and have never got a request to put the cheese on the side

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    U c china..

A lot of these cats will order an item and try to make a 5 course meal out of it. Never mind of the extra packaging or glass plates or that it is more labor intensive and slows down the restaurant ..

They ask for let, tom and onion in the side when they order a burger then want an extra plate then want some blue cheese dressing and when u charge them 1$ or 50cents extra ,,, they scream ..

Or when they get the food they try sooooo hard to find micro mistakes or over inflate an actual mistake to get free food..there is no such thing as free food because you think we made a mistake or actually did...period!!!!

Or they say I want a western oml but instead of the onions can I have bacon instead, lol..

That's a meat lovers omlette but they want to pay the western omlette price..

I would charge them the lower price of the hamberger not cheeseburger and then charge for a side of cheese which has 5 slices not 2..

You got to know how to handle the animals..

Load Metric

I'm an American truck driver and I stop at a particular truck stop in Calgary, Alberta sometimes.
    Aside re HOS regs: Canadian >>> FMCSA

(Drive safe!)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Don't fuck with people that handle your food. You couldn't pay me to eat that free burger.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesparten View Post

You never win with custermers who there sole INTENT is to try look for every "mistake" and then demand free goods and services, lol...

No business can survive with a policy like that or attracting customers like that..

Let someone go to your business and for every percieved micro mistake demand free goods. Lol..

As far as wifi, il try to reset it, IF i have the time and just state its probably down for the day..if a table of nits wants to get in some prolonged discusion, il just walk away from the table.

P s. I've been in the restaurant business over 2 decades and am co owner of a coffee shop in new York..
    By any chance, are you related to the real Soup Nazi?

I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    I have worked in various subshops and restaurants and the one request we got once in a while was pickles on the side or make an entree or sub / sandwich with bread on the side or carb less meals but I have never seen a tomato on the side order but I don't think it is that out of the ordinary.

But what's up with the cheese on the side of a burger. I have cooked countless burgers over the years or meals that have had cheese in them and have never got a request to put the cheese on the side

It's not like you are getting it because you paid for it. Cheese is almost always an extra charge on a burger.

You don't want tit melted?
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    TheSparten, I can't dis agree of what you wrote in your post but weren't you washing dishes or cooking like six months ago?

PFA transformed him into Anthony Bourdain or some shit.

He may be the one and only posters whose life has ever gotten better after posting here.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    TheSparten, I can't dis agree of what you wrote in your post but weren't you washing dishes or cooking like six months ago?

He may be the one and only posters whose life has ever gotten better after posting here.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

By any chance, are you related to the real Soup Nazi?

The soup nazi does the right thing...

Comments

MumblesBadly: "When you dont have enough competition, you can poss all over the customers while overcharging them." Unofficial Comcast customer service manual

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post

I wash dishes every day brother..

Load Metric
    I don't really think asking for cheese on the side is "nickel and diming." Anyone who says different is just an incompetent idiot. Is it really so hard to put cheese on a plate vs putting it on top of a burger and grilling it? Some people like their cheese cold instead of melted and cooked. Not really a big deal. Just fucking do it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by anonamoose View Post
    I don't really think asking for cheese on the side is "nickel and diming." Anyone who says different is just an incompetent idiot. Is it really so hard to put cheese on a plate vs putting it on top of a burger and grilling it? Some people like their cheese cold instead of melted and cooked. Not really a big deal. Just fucking do it.
    It actually is...

More labor, packaging and slows down the kitchen..

Ask McDonald's or a 5 star to do it.

People who are nits don't get it.. When people come to dinners and coffee shops ,,that think THAT! All there EXTRA needs aren't much effort but refuse to pay for it.. Multiply that by 500x a day and the kitchen would get stuck or work themselves to death for nits who refuse to compensate for extra labor..

Let every custermers go to your job and do that..

Just because u bought a burger doesn't mean I got to stand there for an hour as u describe it..

I'm sure McDonald's will do it for a 3 dollar big Mac or a 5star will do it for a 24$ sirloin burger.. OOOP,S THEY WONT..

Dinners and coffee shops already give you the greatest value when dinning out.. If that's not enough time and labor and investment for u for a 7oz fresh ground round hamburger THEN pay the extra dollar for cheese on the side!! Or go somewhere else that will kiss your ass for a dollar..

Ooops they don't exist and if they did "I" don't want to eat there.

Wealthy people and govt workers with Milly pension, s come to dinners thinking they just spent 10 dollar s and weren't given "enough value" when 6$ of that 10 is food cost..lol

Let a 100 people a day go to your job and ask for just ask for 1 more thing that actually cost u time and money....

U will either go out of business or work a lot harder then u have to..

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by anonamoose View Post
    It actually is...

People who are nits don't get it.. When people come to dinners and coffee shops ,,that think THAT! All there EXTRA needs aren't much effort but refuse to pay for it.. Multiply that by 500x a day and the kitchen would get stuck or work themselves to death for nits who refuse to compensate for extra labor..

Just because u bought a burger doesn't mean I got to stand there for an hour as u describe it..

I'm sure McDonald's will do it for a 3 dollar big Mac or a 5star will do it for a 24$ sirloin burger.. OOOP,S THEY WONT..

Dinners and coffee shops already give you the greatest value when dinning out.. If that's not enough time and labor and investment for u for a 7oz fresh ground round hamburger THEN pay the extra dollar for cheese on the side!! Or go somewhere else that will kiss your ass for a dollar..

Wealthy people and govt workers with Milly pension, s come to dinners thinking they just spent 10 dollar s and weren't given "enough value" when 6$ of that 10 is food cost..lol

Let a 100 people a day go to your job and ask for just ask for 1 more thing that actually cost u time and money....

It's funny you tried to write a dissertation on this. It's not extra to put cheese on the side you rube.

Let's break down the steps of both scenarios:

1. Put cheese on burger
    2. Cook burger
    3. Put burger together on bun with lettuce and whatever
    4. Put burger on plate

1. Cook burger
    2. Put burger on bun with lettuce and whatever
    3. Put burger on plate
    4. Put cheese on plate

Is this really that hard to fucking understand? In both cases you're still picking up the cheese and putting it on something. What the fuck does it matter what you put it on? Just put it on the fucking plate you dimwit, or is that too mentally challenging for you?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    [lQUOTE=anonamoose;459259]

It actually is...

It's funny you tried to write a dissertation on this. It's not extra to put cheese on the side you rube.

1. Put cheese on burger
    2. Cook burger
    4. Put burger on plate

1. Cook burger
    3. Put burger on plate
    4. Put cheese on plate

Is this really that hard to fucking understand? In both cases you're still picking up the cheese and putting it on something. What the fuck does it matter what you put it on? Just put it on the fucking plate you dimwit, or is that too mentally challenging for you?[/QUOTE]

U just showed ur ignorence..

Let someone go to your job and say thing, tell a truck driver or a lawyer or a constructin worker or a paralegal the same reasoning you just gave me..ITS THE SAME THING.. No its not..

Go to McDonalds or a five star and say that also..

Or are you the type that comes into a mom a pips and course u spent 10 dollars u expect everyone to kiss ur ass..

Like I said go to other restaurants and professions and explain YOUR logic to the when they say no or charge extra..

Kitchen operations are a flow and a system if I slow it down 10 seconds for u and 50 other customers who think like you I would let my hourly gross drop..

It would cost me more in packaging to go or if its on a side plate, more dishwashing never mind it's more labor intensive "whether u have an understanding of that or not" and slow down my kitchen..

Like I said, your free to express your opinions to another food establishment and see what happens.
    8/10 come back. The other 2, I'm glad we got rid off them..

My friend owns a pizzaria, he gives u a large(not Domino's large) a real large pizza for 16$ but he charges for papper plates and forks and extra packaging.. The people complain. His doe is home made, the source is home made from crates of tomatoes and olive oil and never mind simmering it for hours its not just labor its a skill and a trade he should be compensated for..

All the custermers that walked out and went to pizza hut and olive garden across the street... Came back..
    Last edited by thesparten; 08-05-2015 at 06:12 AM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    [lQUOTE=anonamoose;459259]

It actually is...

1. Put cheese on burger
    2. Cook burger
    4. Put burger on plate

1. Cook burger
    3. Put burger on plate
    4. Put cheese on plate

Is this really that hard to fucking understand? In both cases you're still picking up the cheese and putting it on something. What the fuck does it matter what you put it on? Just put it on the fucking plate you dimwit, or is that too mentally challenging for you?
    U just showed ur ignorence..

Let someone go to your job and say thing, tell a truck driver or a lawyer or a constructin worker or a paralegal the same reasoning you just gave me..ITS THE SAME THING.. No its not..

Go to McDonalds or a five star and say that also..

Or are you the type that comes into a mom a pips and course u spent 10 dollars u expect everyone to kiss ur ass..

Like I said go to other restaurants and professions and explain YOUR logic to the when they say no or charge extra..

Kitchen operations are a flow and a system if I slow it down 10 seconds for u and 50 other customers who think like you I would let my hourly gross drop..

It would cost me more in packaging to go or if its on a side plate, more dishwashing never mind it's more labor intensive "whether u have an understanding of that or not" and slow down my kitchen..

Like I said, your free to express your opinions to another food establishment and see what happens.
    8/10 come back. The other 2, I'm glad we got rid off them..

My friend owns a pizzaria, he gives u a large(not Domino's large) a real large pizza for 16$ but he charges for papper plates and forks and extra packaging.. The people complain. His doe is home made, the souce is home made from crates of tomatoes and olive oil and never mind simmering it for hours its not just labor its a skill and a trade he should be compensated for..

All the custermers that walked out and went to pizza hut and olive garden across the street... Came back..where else is a family to eat real food for under 30$..if he needs to keep the prices low and the food real(not pre manufactured) he charges for all the extra cups and this and that the custermers feel they should have../QUOTE]

Thread Information