Thread: Arizona Cardinals grasping at straws.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Arizona Cardinals grasping at straws.

First female coach of any kind to make the NFL. Asked if she objects to the the "boys" referring to her as their "head" coach in waiting, Jen Welter took the high road and said she will bend over backwards to see her team suckseed.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Banned
    Load Metric
    It's the 21st century, bruh.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post

I'm sure she's the most qualified person for the job.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but what exactly does qualify someone for the job? Is high-level playing experience really a must?

There are so many former pros becoming coaches that make terrible decisions, can't manage the clock, reject advanced metrics, etc. There are also great coaches that never played professionally. Belichick never even made it to the collegiate level.

It's just a theory of mine, but if intelligence/knowledge/tactics/etc is a better predictor of coaching success, then I see nothing wrong with women coaching pro football or any other sport. I'm sure players will have issues with it though.

Comments

jsearles22: Agreed

Load Metric

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but what exactly does qualify someone for the job? Is high-level playing experience really a must?

There are so many former pros becoming coaches that make terrible decisions, can't manage the clock, reject advanced metrics, etc. There are also great coaches that never played professionally. Belichick never even made it to the collegiate level.

It's just a theory of mine, but if intelligence/knowledge/tactics/etc is a better predictor of coaching success, then I see nothing wrong with women coaching pro football or any other sport. I'm sure players will have issues with it though.
    I don't give a fuck about rich, spoiled players. I don't care if she is the best suited for this. I was bringing to attention that this is just the NFL / Teams doing everything that it can to attract female viewers. The NFL has no more depth in its marketplace. It can pretty much count exactly how many human males it has in its audience at any given time, along with attrition because of death and new customers because of birthrate. The only thing that they can do to grow their bottom line is to sell jersey's to people that have enlarged mammary's. The NFL has been on a full court press (excuse the basketball lingo in a football thread) to bring Breadth to their marketing by including women in every last thing that they do. The fun part is when this private company trying to line its pockets with your gold, has convinced you and others that this is somehow a civil rights issue | glass ceiling | war on women, etc.. That they have people so bamboozled is marketing genius. That anyone sees it in any other way is representitive of the sad state of the humanity that we have today.

They fool you, they take your money, they win.

Banned
    Load Metric
    I don't give a fuck about rich, spoiled players. I don't care if she is the best suited for this. I was bringing to attention that this is just the NFL / Teams doing everything that it can to attract female viewers. The NFL has no more depth in its marketplace. It can pretty much count exactly how many human males it has in its audience at any given time, along with attrition because of death and new customers because of birthrate. The only thing that they can do to grow their bottom line is to sell jersey's to people that have enlarged mammary's. The NFL has been on a full court press (excuse the basketball lingo in a football thread) to bring Breadth to their marketing by including women in every last thing that they do. The fun part is when this private company trying to line its pockets with your gold, has convinced you and others that this is somehow a civil rights issue | glass ceiling | war on women, etc.. That they have people so bamboozled is marketing genius. That anyone sees it in any other way is representitive of the sad state of the humanity that we have today.

thesparten, is this true???

Even it was some conspiracy by the league, that doesn't make the discussion we're having any less valid. It's an interesting topic to explore, and not just in the NFL.

A much better example of the NFL's cynical pandering to women would be their alliance with the litigious scam charity that is the Komen Foundation.

Load Metric

thesparten, is this true???

Even it was some conspiracy by the league, that doesn't make the discussion we're having any less valid. It's an interesting topic to explore, and not just in the NFL.

A much better example of the NFL's cynical pandering to women would be their alliance with the litigious scam charity that is the Komen Foundation.

Then you should explore further..

Thread Information