Well after 14 years of driving in the midwest I finally hit a deer tonight. This is a fairly common occurrence where I live so I have been pretty lucky so far. I have had a few close calls in the past but never hit one before.

I was driving my wifes car back from a graduation party as her and the kid are sleeping. Fucking deer just appeared from nowhere and was straddling the center line on split 4 lane highway. I drilled that motherfucker with the front drivers side at about 70; i didnt even have a chance to slow down. I pulled over to the side as quick as I could. I got out and was looking at my busted up car. I hear two more cars run right over the top of the deer as it was laying in the middle of the road. One was a smaller car and the last one was an SUV. The car busted its front all up too. I walked back and dragged the carcass off of the road.

Fucking $500 deductible down the drain. I hate insurance. I pay them bastards $150/month between my car and truck and now when i have probably a $3000 claim I still have to pay $500 up front. The is only the 2nd claim my wife or have ever had in 14 years. Figure $1800 annually and thats nearly $22000. Pretty sweet deal for them that a $1700 claim and a $3000 claim minus $500 each time and they are still up $18000+.