Most of you probably didn't know David Koenig, a PokerFraudAlert user who went by "Klownbuster", who mainly chose to stay in the background.

However, David was an avid lurker of the site (with 26 posts as well), and listened to every PFA Radio show religiously. Most recently, he remarked on June 1st that he loved the marathon shows I was doing with Brandon at the time: http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sho...610#post390610

But more importantly, David was a generous man with a very big heart.

He invested in my WSOP shares for the last few years, including this one. When I made the final table of the $5k Limit event in 2013, he showed up to rail me.

David always offered his time and assistance when he felt I could use some help. When I complained on the radio about the food situation at the Rio, he offered to bring any food of my choice to my table at any WSOP event. When I talked about having a 2-day "lapse" of hotel stays where I wasn't booked anywhere (and couldn't get any comps), he told me I could stay at his home if I wanted for those days.

I never took David up on those offers because I didn't want to be a bother. But he was serious about them, and he did them simply out of the goodness of his heart. On his Facebook page, where news of his death spread, there were lots of similar stories -- that David was a kind and big-hearted man.

I don't yet know the cause of death. David battled a weight problem for much of his life, so I assume it was likely related to that. He was only 45 -- less than 2 years older than me.

Really great guy, and a wall of sadness hit me when I saw the news on his Facebook. I believe he passed away yesterday.

RIP