Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Mr. Robot

Load Metric
    I don't actually think he is at his moms. It's weird how everyone visits him, he does not go to them. They also always meet him at the same table, like that is where people meet. The schedule he is on and the fact that he eats with the same person everyday makes it seem like he is in a hospital of some sort. Maybe a psych ward. I think a lot of this is happening in his head. The way Ray was able to get him out of the hospital so easily after the beating is probably because he runs the hospital and/or psych ward.

No one ever says that Elliot is with his mother.
    We pray for understanding as we all occasionally request back door action by accident, when we tried to call an electrician. It happens, it simply happens.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by El Gallo View Post
    I don't actually think he is at his moms. It's weird how everyone visits him, he does not go to them. They also always meet him at the same table, like that is where people meet. The schedule he is on and the fact that he eats with the same person everyday makes it seem like he is in a hospital of some sort. Maybe a psych ward. I think a lot of this is happening in his head. The way Ray was able to get him out of the hospital so easily after the beating is probably because he runs the hospital and/or psych ward.

No one ever says that Elliot is with his mother.

A lot of people are saying Elliot isnt with his mom, or hes in a psyche ward, so on. Personally I dont really buy it and Id be super, super disappointed if they are like SURPRISE, HE WAS IN A COMA THE WHOLE SEASON or something.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...cebook_vulture

Interesting take on the potential impact of this all being a delusion, pros and cons. The date on the article appears wrong tho, its talking about things that happened recently..

Regardless, it touches on the 'metal fatigue' threat of a huge 'he was in a hospital all along' gimmick/reveal.

That said, after reading all the points they lay out, I do feel its more possible than I did this morning, but really when you look at shit like his sister basically taking over an eCorp directors apartment to use as a staging base for attacks, gauging the chances of something being real or not in this series seems flaky somehow.

But yeah, if Ray turns out to be a fucking doctor/orderly at Bellevue, Im going to have to downgrade this series stock.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...cebook_vulture

Interesting take on the potential impact of this all being a delusion, pros and cons. The date on the article appears wrong tho, its talking about things that happened recently..

Regardless, it touches on the 'metal fatigue' threat of a huge 'he was in a hospital all along' gimmick/reveal.

That said, after reading all the points they lay out, I do feel its more possible than I did this morning, but really when you look at shit like his sister basically taking over an eCorp directors apartment to use as a staging base for attacks, gauging the chances of something being real or not in this series seems flaky somehow.

But yeah, if Ray turns out to be a fucking doctor/orderly at Bellevue, Im going to have to downgrade this series stock.
    If it led to a remake of the Disorderlies I'd probably let it slide

Load Metric
    And there it is

Comments

GringoStar: Yup.
    We pray for understanding as we all occasionally request back door action by accident, when we tried to call an electrician. It happens, it simply happens.

Load Metric
    Im frustrated because I have no fucking idea what happened with Ray etc and thats really a shame.

Load Metric
    I really am not a fan of these types of 'twists'.

Load Metric
    been reading the trade reports and it appears im not alone in resenting that the show wasted about 7.5 hours of my life on a dream sequence.

Load Metric
    been reading the trade reports and it appears im not alone in resenting that the show wasted about 7.5 hours of my life on a dream sequence.
    but, but, he said he was sorry.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyt View Post
    but, but, he said he was sorry.

his response honestly made me angrier than anything else.

just own your shit and say you had a vision and you stuck to it.

its a gorgeous show, i still adore it, but its fucking far from perfect and thats just one of several cringe items on my list.

Load Metric
    But, he said he would never do it again.... It wasn't all a dream sequence... he also says that everything actually happened.

Load Metric
    Well that escalated quickly.

Load Metric
    good ep. also, looks like it's a good idea to know someone in the animal disposal business with an incinerator

Load Metric
    ya know theoretically speaking........

Load Metric
    Pretty sure either Elliot or his sister end up in that incinerator by the time this is wrapped up.

Radio Co-Host
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ToasterOven View Post
    What about Halt and Catch Fire?

I need a new show.

True Detective 2 is a dumpster fire.

Tim Robbins is solid gold in Brink, though.

jesus christ TD2 is bad. like high school shakespeare bad.

im going to roll with halt and catch fire soon. probably very soon. i hear goodish things.
    Halt and Catch Fire is great! Hell on Wheels is awesome too if you haven't seen it.

Comments

LarryLaffer: hell on wheels is the poor mans deadwood. but i like Common

Load Metric
    Just binged watched this show all the way up to 2.09 inclusive

Started off thinking this is really weird but somehow here I still am, hooked

Episode 2.07 left me feeling cheated (hadn't been reading this thread until now on purpose) but it has loads of potential

Season 2 far better than 1 imo, a friend tried to tell me nothing happens but it's far more intense and addictive than first

Next episode on thursday then...?
    BALLIN'!!

Load Metric
    ayyyyyyyyyyy

Load Metric
    one of the better episodes, hollar to gaspar noe influences.

Load Metric
    i like the commitment of the Chinese guys. Get caught blow your own head off. ez

Thread Information