Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: LOL Politics

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Ok so we are still pretending hes not a Democrat false flag?

Just checking here.
    Depends on the issue. You could say the same about Rand Paul on some things.

It took a 18 person field, but at least they have 1-2 outside the box canidates now.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post

Please he stands no chance of being the nominee. This is just BS the media is playing because its awesome for ratings. As more candidates drop out he will fall lower and lower just like Paul in the last election. There are just too many republicans that can't stand him.

FOXNEWS though underestimated though his popularity among viewers and are having to try to figure out how to properly cover him while still towing the GOP line.

I will say though that he stands a better chance of beating Hillary than his GOP counterparts.

If anyone does believe the media hype I'll gladly escrow at 5-1 up to 5k vs your 1k that trump does not win the GOP nomination. In all fairness though to make the bet worthwhile you should be asking I put up over 10k.

His candidacy reminds me of one a long time ago, guys name was something, something Reagan. Everyone laughed at the 'bedtime for bonzo' B actor running for President. The fun part that everyone that was poo poo-ing him was cheering on Carter to win a second term.
    So, the Trump candidacy is comparable to the candidacy of the governor of America's largest state? C'mon man. Reagan was not taken seriously in the early 60's when he first went right wing and got political, but he was governor of California from 67-75 and the clear choice of the right wing in 76. By 1980 he was in no way like 2015 Trump.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ToasterOven View Post

His candidacy reminds me of one a long time ago, guys name was something, something Reagan. Everyone laughed at the 'bedtime for bonzo' B actor running for President. The fun part that everyone that was poo poo-ing him was cheering on Carter to win a second term.
    So, the Trump candidacy is comparable to the candidacy of the governor of America's largest state? C'mon man. Reagan was not taken seriously in the early 60's when he first went right wing and got political, but he was governor of California from 67-75 and the clear choice of the right wing in 76. By 1980 he was in no way like 2015 Trump.

Do you remember how Reagan was portrayed in '79? They barely mentioned anything of substance of him on tv. He was 'the actor that wanted to be President'. His own party didn't want him, and this was the party of Nixon. BTW how Nixon didn't kill off the Republican party is way beyond me. I remember clear as day how they openly mocked Reagan and how everyone should 'give Carter another chance'. It was the bullshit hippie lemming mantra, just 35 years ago. He's like Reagan in the sense he's hated by both sides but his leadership skills keep throwing everybody a curve ball they can't put wood to... just like Reagan.

Comments

big dick: Fuck Reagan

Load Metric
    how old are you bro

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    how old are you bro

Name:  CFZ26yNUIAIDrUx.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  22.2 KB

Load Metric
    yikes?

Load Metric
    yikes?

Name:  CChNKKeUkAAqen0.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  37.1 KB

Load Metric
    yikes?

Name:  B96exBoCUAAXl_-.png
Views: 311
Size:  546.8 KB

Load Metric
    I'm too young to recall the 1980 election. However, Reagan was the odds on favorite and had just almost dethroned a sitting president in the 1976 primary. I don't really see the similarities between the conservative standard bearer and a neophyte just off a TV show.

Trump is an actual clown, though. I'm enjoying the show, but he's not going to win. His ideas are all somewhere between WTF and LOL.

Load Metric
    I'm too young to recall the 1980 election. However, Reagan was the odds on favorite and had just almost dethroned a sitting president in the 1976 primary. I don't really see the similarities between the conservative standard bearer and a neophyte just off a TV show.

Trump is an actual clown, though. I'm enjoying the show, but he's not going to win. His ideas are all somewhere between WTF and LOL.

People who want Trump to win aren't looking at the 'what', they're looking at the 'why'. If you ask a lot of people why they like him, they couldn't tell you specifically. There's a reason for that.

Load Metric

People who want Trump to win aren't looking at the 'what', they're looking at the 'why'. If you ask a lot of people why they like him, they couldn't tell you specifically. There's a reason for that.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Ok so we are still pretending hes not a Democrat false flag?

Just checking here.
    Depends on the issue. You could say the same about Rand Paul on some things.

It took a 18 person field, but at least they have 1-2 outside the box canidates now.
    You will know he's a dem operative if he decides to go third party, then Hillary is a shoe in

Load Metric
    trump can win.

people voted for GWB because they wanted to say fuck you to the clinton liberals.

sound familiar?

i mean look hes not going to win but seriously, he could. if hes serious about dumping a cool billion into a campaign, thats more than enough to do the job.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    trump can win.

people voted for GWB because they wanted to say fuck you to the clinton liberals.

sound familiar?

i mean look hes not going to win but seriously, he could. if hes serious about dumping a cool billion into a campaign, thats more than enough to do the job.
    It's been said before - guys like Trump usually buy politicians not become one.

However, never dismiss the guy at the table who is deeply rolled, knows how to play (marketing) and doesn't give a fuck. Prepare to get run over.

Load Metric
    trump can win.

sound familiar?

It's in the realm of possibility. I mean, it's possible that Carcetti beats Hillary in the Democratic, but neither thing is going to happen.

Trump can't win once the field whittles down to 3-4. It's just math. His unfavorables in the party are too high, and he can't get a high enough percentage to overcome it. He's flourishing in a 35 person field. Last cycle Michelle Bachman and Herman Cain were at 25% even closer to the first contest. This is media driven.

Load Metric
    nothing there anyone could argue with.

but politics has a funny way of going batshit insane every so often.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    I know next to almost nothing about politics, but out of curiosity why is everyone all of the sudden talking about Ronald Reagan like he was JFK or something??? Like wasnt this the same guy who was borderline senile and had that lol trickle down theory that rich ppl would share their money with the poor or some shit like that? I dont recall Reagan being well liked at all, in fact I even remember Repubs giving him shit cant remember why. Oh and didnt his wife spearhead the say no to drugs campaign??? And this is the guy we are now blowing?? LOL merica

Comments

big dick: He was a scumbag.

4Dragons: yeah, he was hated by both sides equally becuase he didn't play their games

Load Metric
    nothing there anyone could argue with.

but politics has a funny way of going batshit insane every so often.
    Right on. Hey, I'm on board. I hope the guy stays in until the end.

I'd love to see Rand Paul versus Bernie Sanders and have a real election between two ideologies.

I'll settle for a circus, though.

Load Metric
    anything that really and truly motivates me to move to british columbia cannot be all bad.

you know, for me.

the rest of you are proper fucked of course.

Load Metric
    trump can win.

sound familiar?

In fairness GWB was far from an idiot. He played up the hillbilly role to his benefits and was extremely likeable as even left wing reporters noted. GWB also had some top advisors. Trump is the exact opposite in both regards.

But even worse the polls show he is consistently disliked among republican voters, and not just by a little. He totally blows away the other candidates here. This is important because his base show little room for growth once candidates start dropping off, and its very unlikely any of them will endorse their supporters to vote for him.

The above isn't my opinion its basic statistics. He needs to find someway to bring in supporters from outside. The fact that Trump just continues to distance himself from the party tells me he either doesn't;t believe he has a chance to win, doesn't care, loves the attention, or plans to run for pres regardless of party.

The above arguments doesn't even take into consideration how unqualified he is or absolutely ridiculous some of his ideas are.

Thread Information