Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: LOL Politics

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post

Druff is just mad as hell that Donald Trump is most likely going to be the Republican Presidential nominee.
    At this point in the process in 2008, Herman Cain was the frontrunner. Then Michelle Bachman. Then Newt Gingrich.

Trump may be the nominee, but to say he is most likely going to be the nominee is folly.

Load Metric
    Herman Cain never had that big of a lead and he had very limited funds to run a campaign.

It's still too big of a Republican field, they need to cut the field in half immediately.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ToasterOven View Post

Druff is just mad as hell that Donald Trump is most likely going to be the Republican Presidential nominee.
    At this point in the process in 2008, Herman Cain was the frontrunner. Then Michelle Bachman. Then Newt Gingrich.

Trump may be the nominee, but to say he is most likely going to be the nominee is folly.

Michelle Bachman won a straw poll where you basically go to farmers markets, tell everyone you have free food for them if they vote for you and then she busses them to chick-fil-a and then the polling station.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post

Michelle Bachman won a straw poll where you basically go to farmers markets, tell everyone you have free food for them if they vote for you and then she busses them to chick-fil-a and then the polling station.
    Well, here's the data. At this point 4 years ago, Rick Perry was leading. He led until early October. Then Romney and Cain traded off until mid Novermber. Gingrich then led for the rest of the year. Even Santorum has a little bump.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...tion-1452.html

Point is, leading at this point is as much an indication that a person will be the nominee as it is an indication a person will be hosting a weekend Fox show.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post

Well, here's the data. At this point 4 years ago, Rick Perry was leading. He led until early October. Then Romney and Cain traded off until mid Novermber. Gingrich then led for the rest of the year. Even Santorum has a little bump.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...tion-1452.html

Point is, leading at this point is as much an indication that a person will be the nominee as it is an indication a person will be hosting a weekend Fox show.
    And all i'm saying is that it was scripted from the get that Romney was going to be on that ticket.

Load Metric
    I guess it was scripted because he was the only viable candidate without huge baggage or a flat out stream of nonsense flying out of their gape. Endorsements matter, establishment support matters, and Bachman, Cain, Santorum, Ron Paul and Newt had about none. Once Pawlenty crapped out and Perry flamed out, Mitt was last establishment man standing. Pretty easy script to write.

This race should be down to about 7-8 by Thanksgiving and we'll have a better idea where the establishment money is heading. Some are already about out, I read Perry stopped paying staff, so he's about done. Others will soon follow and the race with be clearer. If this was a baseball season, it would still be early in spring training.

Load Metric
    The biggest revelation from the latest poll is what happened to Scott Walker.

On July 30th Scott Walker was at 12.50%, On August 25th he is at 3.5%.

Scott Walker may have too many problems and baggage to become the Republican Presidential nominee.

Load Metric
    I guess it was scripted because he was the only viable candidate without huge baggage or a flat out stream of nonsense flying out of their gape. Endorsements matter, establishment support matters, and Bachman, Cain, Santorum, Ron Paul and Newt had about none. Once Pawlenty crapped out and Perry flamed out, Mitt was last establishment man standing. Pretty easy script to write.

This race should be down to about 7-8 by Thanksgiving and we'll have a better idea where the establishment money is heading. Some are already about out, I read Perry stopped paying staff, so he's about done. Others will soon follow and the race with be clearer. If this was a baseball season, it would still be early in spring training.
    That is another anomaly with The Donald, he's not fundraising. He's not looking for Koch brothers money or anyone elses. I guess you could send him some and he'll use it, but this guy is self funded and even during the debate like 3 of the people on the podium asked Donald if he did bow out if he would ship it crucial to their respective campaigns.

Curve ball.
    Last edited by 4Dragons; 08-27-2015 at 07:55 PM.

Load Metric

Scott Walker may have too many problems and baggage to become the Republican Presidential nominee.

This guy is without question the dopiest looking mother fucker I've ever seen run for president.

0% chance he gets the nod.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Agreed.

Load Metric
    Thank god...

Load Metric

Comments

MumblesBadly: Solid gold! LOL!
    Last edited by vegas1369; 08-27-2015 at 11:27 PM.

Load Metric

Mine is Rand Paul. Quinnapac (or whatever) has him at 2%. That saddens me as he's really the only one that deviates from the Republican platform of warmongering. I wonder if it's the messenger or if Republican's flirtation with libertarian politics is over and the Libertarian party will divide further from the Republican party.

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Why does she get to be referenced as "Gov." when she up and quit half-way through her only term? Shouldn't it be "Ex-Gov. (Who Quit To Cash In Before Being Impeached For Abuse of Office) Sarah Palin"?

Comments

Muck Ficon: Why do you still post here?
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric

Load Metric
    dang more like sassachusetts

Comments

4Dragons: sweet sassy molassy

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    dang more like sassachusetts
    He's like every person in 'the blaze' comment section rolled into one.

Load Metric
    can you dumb down your political commentary bro

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The Don is 1....

Talking about the blaze, trump will pick glenn beck supported ted cruz for v.p.

U heard it from thesparten 1st..

Comments

herbertstemple: +1 for going out on a limb rep.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesparten View Post
    The Don is 1....

Talking about the blaze, trump will pick glenn beck supported ted cruz for v.p.

U heard it from thesparten 1st..
    GOP presidential politics these days is lot more like a deep stack PLO tourney than a short-stacked NL one. And we haven't even yet gotten to the pre-flop on a hand where the blinds are still pretty low.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Thread Information