Thread: bad year for delaware

Rest In Peace, Godfather delaware's Avatar
    Load Metric

bad year for delaware

jan was ok but found out my body could not handle the game. my hands would get cramps in them and knock over my chips until i had to play out of a rack. i played and was done in 5 hours. i won 1002.00 in jan i played 7 sessions of 20-40 stud that month.had one 7 dollor loseing day. longest day was 11 hours others werw 5 to 7 hours mosts wins were in the 5 to 8 hundred range. then i never played in feb my wife got very sick was in hospital and nurseing home for almost 4 month.came home and was doing alot better but they gave her 6 months to live. sunday she fell and broke her hip. was operated on last night and had rods and pins put in. now its back to nurseing home for rehab. but it dont look good as she is 70 years old with only 25 percent of her lungs working.she also on hospice care. i can only hope for the best.

Comments

cmoney: Best wishes sir

DRK Star: sorry del...that sounds awful.

Banned
    Load Metric
    wish you all the best Del

getting old sucks doesn't it

hang in there my friend

Load Metric
    She must be a pistol to have put up with the gambling life.

Chicks dig the salary man. Knowing you are forfeiting your life in exchange for a steady paycheck seems to provide a perverse pleasure for most of them.

Hope both of you find some peace each day.

Load Metric
    Doctors, nurses, and clergy affiliated with hospice are some of the best people I've ever met in my experience. I hope they take great care of your wife, and let's hope she feels better and defies the odds assuming she's not in too much pain. Best of luck to you dealing with the loss of companionship during her convalescence.

I recall my grandfather chugging morphine straight out of the bottle in his mid 50s dealing with lung cancer after a lifetime of smoking and working in a mill. He grabbed my arm and said,"when you have your health, you have everything." Not much of an epiphany to a 10 year old, but it stuck, and I have recalled it many times since and understood exactly what he meant. Nothing else is of any value when you're real sick.

Comments

Dan Druff: agree

Krypt: absolute truth

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Age aint a joke,Wishing you better days del

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikki View Post
    Age aint a joke,Wishing you better days del
    Fuck the kind words, if you really wish him better days show him a picture of your bush
    Slava Ukraini!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by delaware View Post
    jan was ok but found out my body could not handle the game. my hands would get cramps in them and knock over my chips until i had to play out of a rack. i played and was done in 5 hours. i won 1002.00 in jan i played 7 sessions of 20-40 stud that month.had one 7 dollor loseing day. longest day was 11 hours others werw 5 to 7 hours mosts wins were in the 5 to 8 hundred range. then i never played in feb my wife got very sick was in hospital and nurseing home for almost 4 month.came home and was doing alot better but they gave her 6 months to live. sunday she fell and broke her hip. was operated on last night and had rods and pins put in. now its back to nurseing home for rehab. but it dont look good as she is 70 years old with only 25 percent of her lungs working.she also on hospice care. i can only hope for the best.
    Sorry to hear this.

Hope she beats this. Saddens me when the PFA Godfather is suffering misfortune.

Load Metric
    Hoping for the best for you and your wife my friend. Very sorry to hear about these bad times.

Load Metric
    what everyone else said

god speed del

Load Metric

Cool

Wishing peace and comfort to you and your lady, Del

Load Metric
    stay strong bushfather

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 379
Size:  33.0 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Doctors, nurses, and clergy affiliated with hospice are some of the best people I've ever met in my experience. I hope they take great care of your wife, and let's hope she feels better and defies the odds assuming she's not in too much pain. Best of luck to you dealing with the loss of companionship during her convalescence.

I recall my grandfather chugging morphine straight out of the bottle in his mid 50s dealing with lung cancer after a lifetime of smoking and working in a mill. He grabbed my arm and said,"when you have your health, you have everything." Not much of an epiphany to a 10 year old, but it stuck, and I have recalled it many times since and understood exactly what he meant. Nothing else is of any value when you're real sick.

People living today really got the short end of the stick on this whole aging, living with pain situation. Relatively speaking we are so close ( couple hundred years max) to having most if not all of these problems solved. There will be a time in the near future where smoking and drinking is inconsequential to your health. You will pop a pill or go through some kind of damage repair program before the accumulation of damage gets too great.

I normally think Joe Rogan is kind a retard on most subjects but there is a great interview he did with Aubrey De Grey on this subject. I think most people here would enjoy it.

:freelewfather

Rest In Peace, Godfather delaware's Avatar
    Load Metric
    thanks for the kind words from all of you. it means alot to me

Comments

vegas1369: +1

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by delaware View Post
    thanks for the kind words from all of you. it means alot to me
    Let me add mine. Hang in there.

And I agree with adamantium, Nikki, show us all your bush.

Thread Information