Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Badking up into public parking spaces

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Backing up into public parking spaces

If you make a habit of this then you very likely have the intelligence of a twig.

Why? First of all, there is nothing to gain from it. When parking in a standard lot there are usually two options, not counting parallel parking. So your job is to pull in and pull out. Backing in has no advantage and you screw everyone else up. Your backwards choice means you have to make that angled move to the opposing row and right there people are wondering what's next? You can't make use of your signal lights as you can with the front end first option so only you know what your next move is. When you make it you're outed as an idiot.

Most people I assume want to get in and out of where ever they're parking a.s.a.p. and you back in first dullards are messing it up for the majority.

Back to the "in and out" options........somewhat sexual connotations perhaps. Maybe the back in first boys have no conscious control of this act.
    Last edited by limitles; 06-27-2015 at 06:16 PM.

Banned
    Load Metric
    The obvious reason is that when you park normally, and there's other cars parked next to you, you have a massive blind spot when you back out. Especially if there's a truck or van beside you. You can't see if anyone is going down the lane, so you're taking a leap of faith every time. Some idiot might smack into you as soon as you reverse a few inches.

When you back in to the parking spot, you can see in front of you and to either side just fine.

I don't back in to park very often, because I'm lazy I guess, but it's a reasonable precaution to take.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    The obvious reason is that when you park normally, and there's other cars parked next to you, you have a massive blind spot when you back out. Especially if there's a truck or van beside you. You can't see if anyone is going down the lane, so you're taking a leap of faith every time. Some idiot might smack into you as soon as you reverse a few inches.

When you back in to the parking spot, you can see in front of you and to either side just fine.

I don't back in to park very often, because I'm lazy I guess, but it's a reasonable precaution to take.

I believe the automatic lights that are activated as you backup are intended for the sole purpose of letting anyone near know your plan is to back out. It's up to the new kid on the lot to look for this simple warning and yield at that point.

It's all about order and when you back in you are in the minority and are letting no one know your intentions. This also applies to walking in said lot. I prefer to avoid vehicles while walking but these backwards tits seem to think angling towards you and impeding your process is just fine because they have to back it in and can only do so by taking a wide berth and blocking the lane.

Decent effort but wrong.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    I believe the automatic lights that are activated as you backup are intended for the sole purpose of letting anyone near know your plan is to back out. It's up to the new kid on the lot to look for this simple warning and yield at that point.
    One of the first things I learned about driving is that you can't always depend on other people to not be morons.

Suppose you're sitting at a light that just turned green. You glance to the right and see someone on the cross street approaching at 50mph and not slowing down. I'm not going to hit the gas and collide with him just because my light is green. Perhaps you would. I guess you could say "well it was up to him to obey the traffic lights, not my fault", and you'd be right, and your insurance company would even agree, but your shit is still totaled.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    One of the first things I learned about driving is that you can't always depend on other people to not be morons.

Suppose you're sitting at a light that just turned green. You glance to the right and see someone on the cross street approaching at 50mph and not slowing down. I'm not going to hit the gas and collide with him just because my light is green. Perhaps you would. I guess you could say "well it was up to him to obey the traffic lights, not my fault", and you'd be right, and your insurance company would even agree, but your shit is still totaled for the day.
    You've had your chance, it's was of little merit, so now you change the subject.
    Parking lots, traditional vs moronic backender styles.....that's the topic.

On your new angle. You're in a lot looking for a space and a white lights appears on a parked car as they will only do when someone is backing up. Do you continue with disregard or slow/stop for the predictable outcome? If someone is pulling out of a similar space in a non traditional manner and is distracted by a wasp, there is no warning to oncomers that this dumb ass is about to lunge forward sending you and you're passengers up in flames.

Comments

Muck Ficon: He didn't change the subject...he used an example to point out your flawed logic

Baron Von Strucker: counter rep

Banned
    Load Metric
    You've had your chance, it's was of little merit, so now you change the subject.

On your new angle. You're in a lot looking for a space and a white lights appears on a parked car as they will only do when someone is backing up. Do you continue with disregard or slow/stop for the predictable outcome? If someone is pulling out of a similar space in a non traditional manner and is distracted by a wasp, there is no warning to oncomers that this dumb ass is about to lunge forward sending you and you're passengers up in flames.
    I didn't change the subject. The only thing I've been talking about in this thread is the advantage of parking backwards, because you said there is none in the OP. You were wrong.

Yes, if I see white lights, I obviously stop. Not everyone does though. That's why some people park backwards. That was the point of the green light analogy.

If someone parks backwards and exits his spot while I'm coming down the lane, and they do so haphazardly, I guess they might hit me. What a moron that guy was.

If I park backwards, I'm not going to exit haphazardly, because I'm not a moron and the whole point of parking backwards was to be cautious.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

I didn't change the subject. The only thing I've been talking about in this thread is the advantage of parking backwards, because you said there is none in the OP. You were wrong.

Yes, if I see white lights, I obviously stop. Not everyone does though. That's why some people park backwards. That was the point of the green light analogy.

If someone parks backwards and exits his spot while I'm coming down the lane, and they do so haphazardly, I guess they might hit me. What a moron that guy was.

If I park backwards, I'm not going to exit haphazardly, because I'm not a moron and the whole point of parking backwards was to be cautious.
    The point is to make others aware of your intentions and not bring the basic act of parking into a selfish act. Someone can leave their space haphazardly as you say but if they don't have decent sense then at least their vehicle provides a clue as to their actions.
    Last edited by limitles; 06-26-2015 at 07:23 PM.

Banned
    Load Metric
    The point is to make others aware of your intentions and not bringing the basic act of parking into a selfish act. Someone can leave their space haphazardly as you say but if they don't have decent sense then at least their vehicle provides a clue as to their actions.
    Notice that I didn't make any comments about the etiquette of parking backwards. I just offered one reason why people do it, because you were at a loss.

Like I said before, I rarely do it myself. I also don't care when other people do it, as I've never found it to be an inconvenience.

Comments

Muck Ficon: Don't bother trying to explain this to him....It's a binge night for him

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The point is to make others aware of your intentions and not bringing the basic act of parking into a selfish act. Someone can leave their space haphazardly as you say but if they don't have decent sense then at least their vehicle provides a clue as to their actions.
    Notice that I didn't make any comments about the etiquette of parking backwards. I just offered one reason why people do it, because you were at a loss.

Like I said before, I rarely do it myself. I also don't care when other people do it, as I've never found it to be an inconvenience.
    The one reason you offered is flawed in logic and that leads me to believe you are at a loss. Changing the subject is standard fair for anyone who cannot make a decent argument.

Load Metric
    Normally drive straight in rather than reverse in because will be easier to unload/load stuff from the boot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I stay to myself and keep out of trouble and/or potentially problematic scenarios

Banned
    Load Metric
    The one reason you offered is flawed in logic
    How so?

Park normally: You're backing out blind, might get hit.

Park backwards: You can see your surroundings and look both ways. Exit safely 100% of the time.

Seems simple enough to me, but maybe there's some danger I haven't accounted for. Please enlighten me.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The one reason you offered is flawed in logic
    How so?

Park backwards: You can see your surroundings and look both ways. Exit safely 100% of the time.

Seems simple enough to me, but maybe there's some danger I haven't accounted for. Please enlighten me.
    Have you ever been hit while backing out of a parking space. I've not for a simple reason.
    In or out you're in tight quarters so as I'm backing out I'm doing so at an even slow pace with my head turned so I can see any on coming traffic. Beyond that my car is alerting any oncoming traffic that this is what is happening. None of which is possible with option two, plus I don't take everybody on a guess what I'm doing journey and fag up the lot in the process.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiganer View Post
    Normally drive straight in rather than reverse in because will be easier to unload/load stuff from the boot.
    A man with a brain.

Muck Ficon: "He didn't change the subject...he used an example to point out your flawed logic"

You wouldn't know if your social worker changed your diapers. Bloody simpleton.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Have you ever been hit while backing out of a parking space. I've not for a simple reason.
    In or out you're in tight quarters so as I'm backing out I'm doing so at an even slow pace with my head turned so I can see any on coming traffic. Beyond that my car is alerting any oncoming traffic that this is what is happening. None of which is possible with option two, plus I don't take everybody on a guess what I'm doing journey and fag up the lot in the process.
    I'm not sure how you can see so well, especially if there's a large vehicle next to you. I've been in many situations where it's impossible to see oncoming traffic.

We've already talked about signaling intent. For someone complaining so much about all the simpletons inferior to you, your faith in other drivers is remarkable.

When parking backwards, it's not necessary for anybody to guess your intent because you shouldn't be pulling out in front of anybody. Just go when the coast is clear.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiganer View Post
    A man with a brain.

Muck Ficon: "He didn't change the subject...he used an example to point out your flawed logic"

You wouldn't know if your social worker changed your diapers. Bloody simpleton.
    Says the drug addict. Going to be another binge tonight I see. Good luck with that. Won't be long before people with lives log off and you stay on here all night talking to yourself.....bumping posts from years ago.

Comments

limitles: Says the ignorant.

jacosta24: Get a job faggot
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I'm not sure how you can see so well, especially if there's a large vehicle next to you. I've been in many situations where it's impossible to see oncoming traffic.

We've already talked about signaling intent. For someone complaining so much about all the simpletons inferior to you, your faith in other drivers is remarkable.

When parking backwards, it's not necessary for anybody to guess your intent because you shouldn't be pulling out in front of anybody. Just go when the coast is clear.
    I said nothing at all about my faith in other drivers. It's the last thing any driver should take for granted. I'm simply pointing out that by proceeding in the normal fashion, I look out for myself and back up accordingly. Automatic back up lights are there as a "back-up", if you will, for the thick.

Load Metric

I said nothing at all about my faith in other drivers. It's the last thing any driver should take for granted. I'm simply pointing out that by proceeding in the normal fashion, I look out for myself and back up accordingly. Automatic back up lights are there as a "back-up", if you will, for the thick.
    Most of us only have manual back up lights and forget to turn them on. Guess that's a luxury only you have and explains why you are such a superior driver.

Comments

smithbk: Fight the good firght, but I think I need these 3 minutes of my life back.

limitles: Unless you're still driving a Pinto, backup lights are automatic. You can't turn them on or off

anonamoose: i hate to give limitles any credit ever, but he's right. all cars come with automatic reverse lights now, and is a law in most states.
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Muck Ficon View Post

Most of us only have manual back up lights and forget to turn them on. Guess that's a luxury only you have and explains why you are such a superior driver.
    And shut up with "the most of us" or "everyone" thoughts. You are not everyone, nor do you posses any knowledge of what anyone else is thinking.

Load Metric
    Name:  limitles.jpg
Views: 652
Size:  8.5 KB

Really? Wow....you learn something new every day. Thanks for that.

Comments

jacosta24: faggot post right here

Load Metric
    now that all vehicles have high-backed seats, it's harder than hell to turn around and look behind while backing up

one aid to solving this problem: onboard backup camera

aftermarket add-ons are available
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Thread Information