Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ***Official*** 2015 U.S. Open at Chambers Bay thread

Platinum
    Load Metric

***Official*** 2015 U.S. Open at Chambers Bay thread

I'm sure everyone has seen the reports on the course, so this should be interesting. The greens are insanely sloped, and can't be cut to tour speed or they literally won't be puttable. But the USGA is known for going riggght up to the line on the greens, so a full player revolt is possible if they push it too far one day, or conditions change during the day and a wave of late players get fucked.

The course is also crazy long, and will have 4 "par 4's" of 530 to 570 yds! So any idea of taking the driver out of play to keep it out of the rough is not likely. If you can't drive it straight, might as well not even show up even though it is a links style "open" course. There is still heavy rough and worse everywhere.

Which leads us to Tiger. 40 to 50 -1 in various places to win (LOL, right), for a guy who can't hit a fairway to save his life. I am more interested in the line for him even to make the cut, which I just guessed on twitter is probably him as a small favorite.

Comments

BHS: US OPEN

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post
    I'm sure everyone has seen the reports on the course, so this should be interesting. The greens are insanely sloped, and can't be cut to tour speed or they literally won't be puttable. But the USGA is known for going riggght up to the line on the greens, so a full player revolt is possible if they push it too far one day, or conditions change during the day and a wave of late players get fucked.

The course is also crazy long, and will have 4 "par 4's" of 530 to 570 yds! So any idea of taking the driver out of play to keep it out of the rough is not likely. If you can't drive it straight, might as well not even show up even though it is a links style "open" course. There is still heavy rough and worse everywhere.

Which leads us to Tiger. 40 to 50 -1 in various places to win (LOL, right), for a guy who can't hit a fairway to save his life. I am more interested in the line for him even to make the cut, which I just guessed on twitter is probably him as a small favorite.
    Haven't heard about this course but it sounds great for ruffling feathers. Agree with the Tiger take. He's more likely to withdraw with a dislocated elbow after failing to rip though a bush on an opposite hole in a practice round.

Skated Thru to PFA WP Title BHS's Avatar
    Load Metric
    I am all about this action and will be donating at least a few hundred to the cause on Draftkings.. Going to majorly nerd it up for the millionaire maker and pretend that my analysis means something lol, really excited for this one.

Big dog Jsizzle, you gonna run the PFA pool and US Open spreadsheet??

Load Metric
    The REAL U.S. Open is a TENNIS major. LOL golf.

Comments

jsearles22: You try too hard to be hated. Why?

NaturalBornHustler: Fags gonna fag.

BHS: Do not like..

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Headshot View Post
    I am all about this action and will be donating at least a few hundred to the cause on Draftkings.. Going to majorly nerd it up for the millionaire maker and pretend that my analysis means something lol, really excited for this one.

Let's do it. Same format again? Anyone want to donate or will there be an entry fee? I feel like more people will participate if it's a free roll obv
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post

Let's do it. Same format again? Anyone want to donate or will there be an entry fee? I feel like more people will participate if it's a free roll obv
    I'll donate to a freeroll but prefer something with say a $20 entry fee? Should definitely be Draftkings format so picks can't be top 5 chalk imo..

Comments

NaturalBornHustler: Please and thank you. Just go to odds and chop it into 3.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Actually chop it into 5 LOL. 3 won't work unless we take 2 each from top 2 groups, one from bottom group. Actually I kind of like that idea, then only 1 truly long shot in mix, but still keeps balance in picks.

Load Metric
    I will donate $20 for this if we want a freeroll. I'm really hoping for this to be a great Open. Chambers Bay is a good story.
    Last edited by smithbk; 06-15-2015 at 06:25 PM.

Load Metric
    Let's do a contest, $20 entry w/draftkings player pricing.. We might even be able to make a custom contest on DK which would save us a shitload of time and energy as far as sending money everywhere for escrow, etc..

I'll message them about it now.

Load Metric
    Thank God. I'm sick of seeing fuckers go -20 in majors. Makes The Masters feel like The Hartford Open. There is obviously a lot of variance with British Open, where weather can make a course a par course, or a 65 course on a tame day. The PGA is all over the place as far as difficulty. I'd like my majors all like Bethpage Black, where one guy finishes under par. The players can suck it. Where they going to go and play for over a million every weekend?

I can watch these fags go -25 every weekend. I want to see them chucking clubs like me in a major.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Let's do a contest, $20 entry w/draftkings player pricing.. We might even be able to make a custom contest on DK which would save us a shitload of time and energy as far as sending money everywhere for escrow, etc..

Fuck Draft Kings.

I have no interest whatsoever in that, have fun.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post

Fuck Draft Kings.

I have no interest whatsoever in that, have fun.
    Not sure I understand why you hate a private contest on DK but what's your suggestion?

Load Metric
    The golf tourneys ran just fine previously

I don't care if everyone takes chalk. I guess if people do separate into two groups.

Load Metric
    Custom contest on DK details -

It can be done easily but once the contest is set, the parameters cannot be altered and it won't run unless it fills..

Are there 10-20 people that want to play for 20 bucks/ea?? Not sure how many to set it for..

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    The golf tourneys ran just fine previously

I don't care if everyone takes chalk. I guess if people do separate into two groups.
    I'd prefer DK style, BUUUT I think the set way we have done it will work best honestly. I don't think anyone has really been super successful with all chalk anyways
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Gold
    Load Metric
    Custom contest on DK details -

It can be done easily but once the contest is set, the parameters cannot be altered and it won't run unless it fills..

Are there 10-20 people that want to play for 20 bucks/ea?? Not sure how many to set it for..
    I will play for money

Banned
    Load Metric
    id rather do it the searles way, say what you will but kid runs a tight ship. plus we wouldnt have to pay rake. druff has always been top top about escrowing.

also one other thing, im fine with $20 but i think $10 would get more people involved.

gun to head id grind DK too

Load Metric
    $20 winner take all 10 man DK pool is setup for those that want action in this format. Contest only runs if it fills, so hopefully there are 9 other dudes that want beef.

https://www.draftkings.com/contest/draftteam/7067153

Making picks is a slippery fucking slope this week.. GLGL

Load Metric
    It's just been reported by Bob McCown on PTS that in an attempt to speed up the green to US Open specifications they killed them.

Should be interesting.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    $20 winner take all 10 man DK pool is setup for those that want action in this format. Contest only runs if it fills, so hopefully there are 9 other dudes that want beef.

https://www.draftkings.com/contest/draftteam/7067153

Making picks is a slippery fucking slope this week.. GLGL

1. Interesting. This is the first time I've looked at the scoring for DK's PGA. It's a lot to take in. It would be a pretty big edge for anyone with experience there.

2. I hate every lineup I've tried. No offense to Steve Marino and Marcel Siem.

Thread Information