Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: *** 2015 WSOP THREAD

Walking Image Library
    Load Metric
    The best outcome for poker would be Kelly Minkin vs Dan Neg with Minkin winning. Dan Neg winning would be the second best option.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Busted the Main.

Had Scott Montgomery at my table. Laid down AQ to him in a tough river spot where I had 17k behind, and the board was A7965, and he put me all in on the river. He had a ton of chips and could have easily been bluffing, but he was calling down with something, and AQ is just really horrible in that spot unless he's bluffing (I bet river, he put me all in).

Doubled up back to 35k where I dodged flush & gutshot draw on the river, then ran into KK to fall down to 20k, then got myself back to 35k or so again, and then hit a very tough spot.

400/800/100 blinds, I had like 28.5k coming in, with AhTd in middle pos. Opened to 1900, tight guy to my left flatted, fairly tight (but not as tight as the 1st) Asian guy to his left flatted, BB (a shortstack whom I just doubled up 4300 with AQ < KK) called.

Flop Tc6h5h

I had 26.5k behind.

Bet 5k, was probably going to lay it down if super tight guy pushed, but was going to call the other two.

Asian guy shoved. He had about 50k total in his stack.

Shortstack BB folded, back to me. I tanked for a bit but realized I had to call, given that he could easily be shoving on my stack with any ten, any heart draw, and possibly even 78. I also reasoned that I had a backdoor nut heart draw, plus aside from chopping with another AT, it seemed my AT was likely roughly equivalent to an overpair in this spot.

I called, and was shown QQ, which was surprising. Why he flatted the QQ with a raiser and a flatter, I'll never know.

Turn Qs, and that was it for me.

Oh well. I'll try again next year.
    Thats not good actually its 1 less type of hand that would shove there that you're ahead of. I think id fold because of your stack size but theres enough semi bluff hands that shove there to reason a call. If you fold you have like 25ish bbs which is a decent stack size.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Definitely one of the funnier Negreanu pics ever to surface from this years main event.

Name:  negranu.PNG
Views: 1003
Size:  622.6 KB

Load Metric
    This guy Neil who I play with a lot is still in

Load Metric
    Butters is god

Name:  worldclass.JPG
Views: 786
Size:  87.6 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyJ View Post
    ... and then hit a very tough spot.

400/800/100 blinds, I had like 28.5k coming in, with AhTd in middle pos. Opened to 1900, tight guy to my left flatted, fairly tight (but not as tight as the 1st) Asian guy to his left flatted, BB (a shortstack whom I just doubled up 4300 with AQ < KK) called.

Flop Tc6h5h

I had 26.5k behind.

Bet 5k, was probably going to lay it down if super tight guy pushed, but was going to call the other two.

Asian guy shoved. He had about 50k total in his stack.

Shortstack BB folded, back to me. I tanked for a bit but realized I had to call, given that he could easily be shoving on my stack with any ten, any heart draw, and possibly even 78. I also reasoned that I had a backdoor nut heart draw, plus aside from chopping with another AT, it seemed my AT was likely roughly equivalent to an overpair in this spot.

I called, and was shown QQ, which was surprising. Why he flatted the QQ with a raiser and a flatter, I'll never know.

Turn Qs, and that was it for me.

Oh well. I'll try again next year.
    Thats not good actually its 1 less type of hand that would shove there that you're ahead of. I think id fold because of your stack size but theres enough semi bluff hands that shove there to reason a call. If you fold you have like 25ish bbs which is a decent stack size.
    Something not addressed is that the Asian guy had someone else behind him (the BB, who checked the flop) before it got back around to Druff.

(1) If Asian actually had a big draw, he'd want more chips in the pot if he hits, and would likely have called to give the BB a chance to come along for the ride.

(2) if Asian only had xT, how does he know that BB (who was UTG post-flop) wasn't trapping with a set or two pair (BB could have called pre with anything being given almost 8-1).

Unless there was a solid reason to think that the Asian wasn't thinking about such things, calling his shove doesn't seem optimal. Especially if folding would have left you with 25ish BB (as ShadyJ mentioned).
    Last edited by MumblesBadly; 07-13-2015 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Revise figure, credit given

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyJ View Post

Something not addressed is that the Asian guy had someone else behind him (the BB, who checked the flop) before it got back around to Druff.

(1) If Asian actually had a big draw, he'd want more chips in the pot if he hits, and would likely have called to give the BB a chance to come along for the ride.

(2) if Asian only had xT, how does he know that BB (who was UTG post-flop) wasn't trapping with a set or two pair (BB could have called pre with anything being given almost 8-1).

Unless there was a solid reason to think that the Asian wasn't thinking about such things, calling his shove doesn't seem optimal. Especially if folding would have left you with 25ish BB (as ShadyJ mentioned).
    The BB was very short stacked -- came into the hand with like 8500 total. So he was a non-factor here.

I folded because there were just very few hands that the Asian likely had that were beating me. There was 55, 66, and 56.

The overpair he had shocked me.

I thought to myself, "If I had JJ-AA, am I calling this? Yes, I always am. Well, AT is just about the same in this spot, so I have to call here, too."

Load Metric
    Bitch is DD

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by anonamoose View Post
    Bitch is DD
    not so well played, but good run

Name:  Minkin2.PNG
Views: 821
Size:  19.5 KB

edit:
    looks like she had about 7 million an hour ago so maybe she was tilting a bit
    Last edited by WillieMcFML; 07-13-2015 at 11:33 PM.

Load Metric
    in other news, lol

btw Magner started the hand with ~3.5 million

Name:  NiceFoldBro.jpg
Views: 814
Size:  59.7 KB

looks like he made the $50k pay jump, but still
    Last edited by WillieMcFML; 07-13-2015 at 11:55 PM.

Load Metric
    Over under on the number of new sign ups to choice center if Negreanu final tables?
    Over under if he wins?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Current chipleader, Thomas Kearney, is known as "Butters" online. Lives in Vegas, plays/played a lot of LHE on the legalized sites. He used to sit a lot by himself at 5/10 Limit HU on Ultimate Poker.

He sat to my right at the starting table of the Millionaire Maker, where he ended up finishing 116th.

We only played a few hours before the table broke. Seemed like a good player, and in fact better than I expected since I knew him as a limit player. I did bluff him once in a SB/BB situation where I flatted the flop with air and then raised the turn. Figured he would fold because I had barely played any hands for awhile, and used the whole "middle aged white guy" thing to my advantage. I don't think he knew who I was.

I knew who he was, though, and saw him tweeting about the tournament. I kept surreptitiously checking his Twitter while we played together, to see if he was giving away any info. He gave away a little, but none in hands involving me. He had the same assessment of our starting table -- that it was tough -- though he kept commenting on there about one guy who was clearly the worst at the table.

Not sure if he has played much of the WSOP, but he has very few live results.

He was good, though, and has a style which I think can be very successful at the Main Event, so I'm not surprised to see him where he is.

He is also friends with Crazy Mike.

http://twitter.com/butterspoker

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by anonamoose View Post
    Bitch is DD

edit:
    With 28 left, someone is still limping from the button?

And someone else is folding QQ at the BB to an UTG raise?

How are these people getting this far?!

Load Metric
    Current chipleader, Thomas Kearney, is known as "Butters" online. Lives in Vegas, plays/played a lot of LHE on the legalized sites. He used to sit a lot by himself at 5/10 Limit HU on Ultimate Poker.

He sat to my right at the starting table of the Millionaire Maker, where he ended up finishing 116th.

We only played a few hours before the table broke. Seemed like a good player, and in fact better than I expected since I knew him as a limit player. I did bluff him once in a SB/BB situation where I flatted the flop with air and then raised the turn. Figured he would fold because I had barely played any hands for awhile, and used the whole "middle aged white guy" thing to my advantage. I don't think he knew who I was.

I knew who he was, though, and saw him tweeting about the tournament. I kept surreptitiously checking his Twitter while we played together, to see if he was giving away any info. He gave away a little, but none in hands involving me. He had the same assessment of our starting table -- that it was tough -- though he kept commenting on there about one guy who was clearly the worst at the table.

Not sure if he has played much of the WSOP, but he has very few live results.

He was good, though, and has a style which I think can be very successful at the Main Event, so I'm not surprised to see him where he is.

He is also friends with Crazy Mike.

http://twitter.com/butterspoker
    IIRC he hasn't played for many years, but he is extremely dedicated. If he's played LHE that surprises me because he's a bit of a PLO freak and almost can't stomach even NLHE because "two card poker is boring." He also uses a "no set no bet" motto a lot of the time which is a mix of half truth and trolling. He plays PLO pretty loose from what I've seen but his NLHE is super nitty at times. He may prove me wrong, but I doubt you'll see him getting it in or getting to showdown without a premium hand.

EDIT:

I guess he did play LHE, kinda surprises me but his response to it not so much

PocketFives: Talk about your cash game play.

Butters: I play mostly six-max and heads-up PLO. I also play heads-up LHE and NLHE. I am bored by NLHE for the most part and find PLO to be less reggy.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    At the beginning of the Millionaire Maker, Kearney was opening a lot of pots. He also was getting a lot of money in with good-but-not-great hands, but was usually correct in his assessment of the other players' holdings. So he wasn't nitty or super tight, but I also didn't see him spewing postflop with nothing. That's why I decided to bluff him (plus I had a tight image).

I felt that his style of opening a lot of hands but knowing well where he was postflop was a good style for the Main.

I did only see him for a few hours at the beginning of a $1500 event, so I'm not sure how he played the Main. Maybe a totally different style. Of course, he did get in some super fortunate spots recently, such as getting AA vs QQ vs AK in a 3-way all-in.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I crushed butters on my twitch stream in a HU sng I sat with him which I still have the video but lets face it that was only one game, I ran ok, and quite frankly I'm not that kind of guy but I wish him nothing but the best.

The thing about butters is he plays WAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY toooooooooooo long of sessions over on wsop.com even when he is up a bunch and then shoots it off before leaving or even chases it after he gets down. In a way it's kind of crazy seeing a 12-16 table player do this but their comes a point when you realize how deep you are with so much money on the line that even if you have to be mega patient you realize how much money is involved some can train their bodies/mind to realize what is at stake here.

Negreanu still alive as well and despite all the hate he gets it is good for poker if he makes the November 9.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    I crushed butters on my twitch stream in a HU sng I sat with him which I still have the video but lets face it that was only one game, I ran ok, and quite frankly I'm not that kind of guy but I wish him nothing but the best.

The thing about butters is he plays WAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY toooooooooooo long of sessions over on wsop.com even when he is up a bunch and then shoots it off before leaving or even chases it after he gets down. In a way it's kind of crazy seeing a 12-16 table player do this but their comes a point when you realize how deep you are with so much money on the line that even if you have to be mega patient you realize how much money is involved some can train their bodies/mind to realize what is at stake here.

Negreanu still alive as well and despite all the hate he gets it is good for poker if he makes the November 9.
    Honestly, no trolling, you are the nut low on this site. For whatever reason you just irritate the shit out of me and numerous other posters. Every time I go at you I get various PMs and IMs saying stuff like "yeah, he's the worst" and "get him jsizzle", paraphrasing of course.

Like this post for example. You brag you beat him in one game, you say you could post the video, but oh shit whats that? You arent that kind of guy. But you already mentioned it! So you ARE that guy. Its like a guy saying "I picked Sarah up at the bar and we did all kinds of freaky ass shit, including ass shit play, but Im not the type of guy to sleep and tell. She did give amazing head and tosses salad too, but lets leave this alone because I dont want to talk about her and make her look bad. But seriously, she licked my asshole repeatedly. Im a good guy though, lets not disparage the whore. Seriously though, does anyone else's asshole feel remarkably clean today?"

Comments

WillieMcFML: lol

ToasterOven: ass shit play

NaturalBornHustler: your father wishes he kept his nut low and out of your mother's vagina
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post

Honestly, no trolling, you are the nut low on this site. For whatever reason you just irritate the shit out of me and numerous other posters. Every time I go at you I get various PMs and IMs saying stuff like "yeah, he's the worst" and "get him jsizzle", paraphrasing of course.

Like this post for example. You brag you beat him in one game, you say you could post the video, but oh shit whats that? You arent that kind of guy. But you already mentioned it! So you ARE that guy. Its like a guy saying "I picked Sarah up at the bar and we did all kinds of freaky ass shit, including ass shit play, but Im not the type of guy to sleep and tell. She did give amazing head and tosses salad too, but lets leave this alone because I dont want to talk about her and make her look bad. But seriously, she licked my asshole repeatedly. Im a good guy though, lets not disparage the whore. Seriously though, does anyone else's asshole feel remarkably clean today?"

ROFL! I just can't with you.

WTF is your deal? Yeah show me proof of these alleged PMs!

I know I have a few haters but you have several more so wtf do I care?

The post was no brag at all I already said it's one fucking game dude and I wish the best for the man in the WSOP ME but wtf?

I could careless what a welching dude like you thinks. You will always be known as that fucking twat that stole from vegas.

I remember you messaging me several times back in the day with "FREE JSEARLES"! Man you were a desperate fuck to get back to posting on here! It makes me laugh just thinking about how your life must be sending that shit to people when all it took was being a fucking real man paying what you owed.

I could go off on you for several other things but it ain't worth it.

Hell, I wouldn't even call you the nut low on this site but a close second behind some person whose name starts with a K and not a G.

It's cool though carry on drizzling cause you never were sizzling sir. LOL at you trying to correct anyone's grammar when I could tear you apart several times if I chose to but it's not worth it but maybe next time I will do so.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post

edit:
    With 28 left, someone is still limping from the button?

And someone else is folding QQ at the BB to an UTG raise?

How are these people getting this far?!
    Yeah, that QQ fold is retarded.

Limping button tho can be a good play to reduce variance, especially with hands that flop well and when you're up against active players in the blinds.

Load Metric
    Is it possible that the queens hand is reported incorrectly? That can't possible have happened, could it?

Thread Information